If you didn’t know already, Nokia PC Suite will eventually be removed from service, and replaced with Ovi Suite, so now is a good time to get yourselves accustomed to Ovi Suite 2.1, and help the Nokia Beta Labs team develop it further, improve your user experience, and even suggest new features which you may feel would benefit yourself, and other Nokia Users.
Please don’t let the earlier releases of Ovi Suite put you off, its come a long way since those early resoureful days, and now as already mentioned, this is your chance to shape Ovi Suite just how you want it.
Nokia Beta Labs have opened up Ovi Suite 2.1 to everyone in an open Beta, and this is a step to shape Ovi Suite how the users want it to work for them. Here is a short list of what the new Ovi Suite offers for now.
- Support for syncing contacts with Ovi.com, so now you can easily keep your contacts safe in Ovi.com
- Support for syncing videos from device to Nokia Ovi Suite, video playback and transferring videos from Nokia Ovi Suite to device
- Updating device applications and distributing new device applications (same feature as in devices “Software update” application)
- Windows 7 support
- Support for syncing contacts with Mozilla Thunderbird
- New languages (Hindi, American English and Ukrainian)
- Extended device support
- Performance improvements
- Improving overall product quality and stability, for example in sync