HELP!! Recover deleted photo/video?
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Nokia User
    Thanks

Unhappy HELP!! Recover deleted photo/video?

Hi all, trying to find out if it's possible to recover a couple of video/image files deleted accidentally last night from my mass memory... I had marked them, as was going to move them to an album, and then saw one I wasnted to delete, forgetting I had marked the others.....

Phone has not been power cycled etc since this happened... Any ideas? It was video of our son and his first attempt at crawling

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    i have no idea if it's possible but these posts from a while ago might help:

Quote Originally Posted by hairil.abubakar View Post
    if the pictures were on the phone memory, i don't think its possible to attempt a recovery. but if it were on the memory card, take it out and use a card reader to connect it to your PC. try this recovery application Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File Recovery - Home

if your phone is the 8GB model, connect it in data storage mode so that it'd appear as a removable drive
    or try here:

Quote Originally Posted by The.Terrabyte.Pirate View Post
    Okay, time is of the essence, so I won't wait for an answer. No matter what your answer is, just STOP!

Okay, the images have been deleted, but that does not mean that the data has been overwritten on the hard drive. Any further activity, files that you use or store, may over-write that data and make recovery impossible.

If the pictures were saved to the phone, then they're gone. I don't know how you can get them back. If they were on the memory card or your pc hard drive, go here.

Free Undelete Utility Recovers Deleted Files, Unerases Lost Data

Download the free app, and install. If it's on your pc hard drive, try to install it on another drive to minimise the risk that you're overwriting the deleted data.

If the data was on your memory card, install it on your pc memory. Connect the phone to the pc in mass storage mode.

Now, run the app and see if it can bring up the deleted files on the appropriate drives. Cross your fingers.

Sorry I can't give you anything definite.
    "it's not rocket surgery".

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evil Genius For This Useful Post:

GSMGuy (02-18-2009), Moz (02-18-2009)

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Had googled and found Recuva - Which worked PHEW ....

Thanks for the quick reply..

Mike

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Is there any way that one can recover Photos from N96 mass memory, mass memory has been formatted in phone & via pc also ?

Thanks
    Technically, any mass card can be recovered by some certain tool as long as it can be connected and viewed in a computer. So try this, connect your memory card reader to your computer and use a data recovery software to recover these deleted, formatted or lost data.

I'm using Wondershare Data Recovery. It's now on Christmas sale for only $29.95. You can have a try.

Tips: you should stop using the mass card as long as you find you have mistakenly deleted or formatted them in order to avoid overwritting the data.

Thanks

Recover deleted photo and video

Hello Mark - I hope that you've prepared yourself for the possibility that your video and images are gone.

When files are deleted in this fashion, each is simply 'marked' and not erased, but will disappear if overwritten. The more likely that these 'deleted' files will be erased. If these files are still present on your computer, then photo and vodeo file recovery software might be helpful or a recovery service (usually expensive) used. A system recovery may preserve files that are still intact, but not sure about those that have been 'deleted' - hope that some of the latter options may help - good luck!

Thanks
    Hi, sorry for this a bit late reply and hope "GSMguy" can receive the message. The first thing you should do - immediately stop taking more photos or videos with the phone. And put the card in safe place in case any physical damage. Then you can also take a try of this digital photo recovery software, install it on your computer and connect your phone mass memory card to perform a scan. Hope it helps and best regards.
    - Liz

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lizterry View Post
    Hi, sorry for this a bit late reply and hope "GSMguy" can receive the message. The first thing you should do - immediately stop taking more photos or videos with the phone. And put the card in safe place in case any physical damage. Then you can also take a try of this digital photo recovery software, install it on your computer and connect your phone mass memory card to perform a scan. Hope it helps and best regards.
    - Liz
    LOL

2 and half years late ha

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Effy.M View Post
    Technically, any mass card can be recovered by some certain tool as long as it can be connected and viewed in a computer. So try this, connect your memory card reader to your computer and use a data recovery software to recover these deleted, formatted or lost data.

I'm using Wondershare Data Recovery. It's now on Christmas sale for only $29.95. You can have a try.

Tips: you should stop using the mass card as long as you find you have mistakenly deleted or formatted them in order to avoid overwritting the data.
    The price isn't $29.95. It's too expensive for me. Is there any Wondershare Data Recovery coupon in here.
    Last edited by KellyJonah; 04-29-2014 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,967 Times in 2,332 Posts
    I don't think that link even works and there are definitely no coupons available here.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.