Remote Sim Mode connectivity with Car Bluetooth
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Remote Sim Mode connectivity with Car Bluetooth

I am trying to get the Remote Sim Mode to function with my cars bluetooth. According to some reports the remote sim mode on the N95 works with the Audi Q7.

Previously with my N80 i could not access the phone book etc. Actually nothing except for just bluetooth connection. With the N95, the TV screen now shows the reception level from the phone. So clearly there is some additional features being displayed by the car system, but i still cannot access the phone book etc.

Anyone know more about this and if this feature is compatible?

regards....

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    What is Remote Sim Mode?

Dedicated User
    Thanks
    hmmm not sure about reomte sim, never heard of it that way... however i did once have a car stereo that would make BT calls and i could load the phone book into the stereo... i had to do them one by one via BT sending of contacts. not sure if that helps or not.

turn both on, then set the stereo to recive BT contact, and then tell phone to send contact via BT. accept on head unit, then contact added.

Pug
    Thanks
    Do you have your contacts stored on the phone memory?

Perhaps they need to be on the Sim for the car gubbins to see them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BaljyN95 View Post
    I am trying to get the Remote Sim Mode to function with my Anyone know more about this and if this feature is compatible?
    I know this may be a little old now but, it might prove useful if anyone needs to know.

Remote Sim Mode or Sim Access Profile is a bluetooth profile that integrates the phone in to the car's telephone system. Previously, with most bluetooth profiles, the car used the phone's aerial and communicated over bluetooth. This sapped battery life and was prone to connection dropouts.

With RSM or SAP, the car's telephone ECU scans the SIM card in the phone and gains authorisation to use the SIM card, remotely, within the car's telephone system. So the phone now has no more use other than granting access to the SIM over bluetooth. The network communication and any other hardware on the phone is not utilised. This improves battery life and call quality, because the car now uses its own aerial and doesn't have to communicate over bluetooth. Also, the car (depending on manufacturer) can receive and send text messages.

Unfortunately, the N95 is not very compatible with the Audi SAP telephone system yet and I believe that to be an issue with the N95's poor bluetooth compatibility and not the car. Another downside is the phone, whilst in RSM or SAP setting, is locked.

Hope that helps you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to daz95 For This Useful Post:

vaibhavgupta (03-02-2008)

Thanks
    Basically the N95 & N95 8Gb do work with the rSAP profiles in the Audi cars.

Switch on remote sim access on the phone and then pair from the car to the phone with the 16 digit pass code provided by the car phone system.

If you get a SIM symbol in the car display then you are on SAP mode, if you get a picture of a phone, then you are not and the phone does not support SAP.

I would also say are you sure you have a phone kit with SAP in the Q7?

Easy way to prove it is select the TEL button and at the bottom of the screen it should say something like "Find mobile phones...."

If it doesn't have this on the main screen you do not have SAP in your Audi.

Also you need to have the Nokia 810 contacts download manager running on your N95 to pass the contacts from the phone to the car kit. If you do not have this then you will only get SIM entries.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Although I know nothing about remote sim mode, Pug's post makes perfect sense, especially in light of craigyb's explanations...

Thanks
    I am having the same trouble accessing my phone book in my car which is a BMW 325. I can receive calls and make calls from the car if I dial the number using the car controller. I have read about installing the Nokia 810 Contacts Download Manager, would this help and How do I install it on my N95 ?

Thanks
    Download the .sisx file from Nokia and use PC suite to install it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 325isport View Post
    I am having the same trouble accessing my phone book in my car which is a BMW 325. I can receive calls and make calls from the car if I dial the number using the car controller. I have read about installing the Nokia 810 Contacts Download Manager, would this help and How do I install it on my N95 ?
    I tried the 810 app and still couldn't get contacts to work in my BM, hope you have better luck

Thanks
    I have an Audi bluetooth setup, and my N95 is with Three.

First Q, does anyone know which phone kit Audi use as their GSM phone kit - it looks similar to the Nokia 616 in operation.

Second Q, I have read somewhere that Three lock their SIM cards so that they won't work in RSAP mode - something to do with being a 3G provider and the car kit using 2.5G - is this true? How can I tell?

Talking to Three in India yielded a varieyt of answers - yes the SIM is locked, no it isn't it's the phone that's incompatible, Three don't support third party products, etc.

If anyone has any definitive answers I would be very grateful.