Transferring contacts from old phone to Nokia e72
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Unhappy Transferring contacts from old phone to Nokia e72

Hi,

The question is not limited to e series I believe.

I have a really old Nokia mobile (Probs 1 and half yrs old) I can't remember the model either sorries but I can dig a bit and find out.

Basically I've filled the SIM with contacts and 200+ other biz contacts saved to the old phone itself.

I've recently bought an e72 and use the same SIM card. THEREFORE able to transfer all the contacts on that SIM to the new phone memory so lets call this the "initial batch of contacts".

QUESTION is... Is there a way to get the other 200+ contacts from the old phone to the new e72 phone without manually typing each contact in?

So far I've tried putting the old SIM back into the old phone and deleting everything in the SIM (initial batch of contacts already on the new e72 mobile) so I can make space and copy the left over contacts from the old phone AND then REINSERT the old SIM back into the new e72 phone and HOPE that this 2nd batch of contacts just adds itself to the phone with the 1st batch copied. The result is that the initial batch seems to get wiped out and only the 2nd batch of contacts shows?

Have I missed something out? Is there an easier method?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 2,337 Posts
    There are several other options, but they depend on what model is your old Nokia - and by the way 1 1/2 year old is not "really old" phone.

If your old phone has Bluetooth you can try using the Switch function on your E72. Another option is to connect both phones to the computer and transfer the contacts via PC Suite, it's a straightforward copy/paste job.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

deckview (04-07-2010), Kyuen100 (03-18-2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuen100 View Post
    Hi,

The question is not limited to e series I believe.

I have a really old Nokia mobile (Probs 1 and half yrs old) I can't remember the model either sorries but I can dig a bit and find out.

Basically I've filled the SIM with contacts and 200+ other biz contacts saved to the old phone itself.

I've recently bought an e72 and use the same SIM card. THEREFORE able to transfer all the contacts on that SIM to the new phone memory so lets call this the "initial batch of contacts".

QUESTION is... Is there a way to get the other 200+ contacts from the old phone to the new e72 phone without manually typing each contact in?

So far I've tried putting the old SIM back into the old phone and deleting everything in the SIM (initial batch of contacts already on the new e72 mobile) so I can make space and copy the left over contacts from the old phone AND then REINSERT the old SIM back into the new e72 phone and HOPE that this 2nd batch of contacts just adds itself to the phone with the 1st batch copied. The result is that the initial batch seems to get wiped out and only the 2nd batch of contacts shows?

Have I missed something out? Is there an easier method?

Thanks
    If what you call your old phone has bluetooth, go to a function in the E72 named Switch and from there youŽll be able to transfer your contacts.
    Last edited by elboyero; 03-16-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: I meant E72

6. The Following User Says Thank You to elboyero For This Useful Post:

Kyuen100 (03-18-2010)

Thanks
    Found out my old phone is a Nokia 6120 Classic. It has bluetooth and I manage to get the switch function to work- THANKYOU GUYS!

I thought I was screwed cos I lost the cable for the old phone and I couldn't connect it to the pc.