Can't send text messages!
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Can't send text messages!

My Nokia N95 works great and I can receive text messages, but it won't send a text message. I bought this unlocked phone and someone told me I needed to re-program it. Can anyone help me so I can send text messages? Thanks so much!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Sounds like you might not have the correct operator settings.

Dedicated User
    Thanks

Thanks
    yup.,,you got that right,,,,I called my service provider n they gave me number to put in my sms message center number....n it's works...

Thanks
    I have the same problem, how do I go back to change my sms message center number?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Just ring the network and ask them to send you all the message numbers, they'll send a few texts which you open and then they auto delete. That'll sort you.

Or you can probably order them for instant delivery off their website?

Thanks
    Hey! Guys,

I had the same problem with my Nokia N95 phone form O2 network. I was unable to send text to anybody. The text use to stay in the outbox and never get sent.

I cleared my phone memory and addition memory card space. Created new message center with help of O2 customer services. YES! they did not help to fix the problem.

O2 store person tried my SIM on another phone and it was able to send text, so he told its my Handset Software issue....n all that crap.

I came back home, put a T-Mobile SIM in my phone was able to send text from my Nokia N95, and then tried my O2 Sim again in my Nokia N95. YIPPPEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! problem was gone.

So.....you can also try to put another network SIM in the phone and see if that solves your problem.

Sush

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sushk15 View Post
    Hey! Guys,

I had the same problem with my Nokia N95 phone form O2 network. I was unable to send text to anybody. The text use to stay in the outbox and never get sent.

I cleared my phone memory and addition memory card space. Created new message center with help of O2 customer services. YES! they did not help to fix the problem.

O2 store person tried my SIM on another phone and it was able to send text, so he told its my Handset Software issue....n all that crap.

I came back home, put a T-Mobile SIM in my phone was able to send text from my Nokia N95, and then tried my O2 Sim again in my Nokia N95. YIPPPEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! problem was gone.

So.....you can also try to put another network SIM in the phone and see if that solves your problem.

Sush
    Appreciate the enthusiasm of your first post, however please do not resurrect threads from the crypt, especially ones which already contain the solution to the original problem - and is from September 2007.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

Thanks

Yay for enthusiastic posts!

Appreciate the enthusiasm of your first post, however please do not resurrect threads from the crypt, especially ones which already contain the solution to the original problem - and is from September 2007.[/QUOTE]

Having just experienced the same excruciatingly frustrating problem myself, I am very glad to have seen this persons post, and find the right to post valid no matter how old. This problem has found very little reason or solutions on the internet, and finally, this users suggestion has worked for me marvously. Finally, I can text again! Thanks for the enthusiastic post and keep it up!

Yes ... though my message centre # was correct as given to me by my service provider, shutting down, inserting another providers sim, starting up, shutting down, reinserting my own sim seems to have worked. The message centre automatically reset the number and I was back in business.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebow951 View Post
    This problem has found very little reason or solutions on the internet
    problem: cannot send texts, but can recieve

My phone won't send texts!

Probably because it's not really a serious problem, given the simple and obvious solution to it, given in the above threads as well as further above in this very thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ebow951 View Post
    shutting down, inserting another providers sim, starting up, shutting down, reinserting my own sim seems to have worked. The message centre automatically reset the number and I was back in business.

Cheers!
    And you really find this easier than:

Quote Originally Posted by Wahyu View Post
    I called my service provider n they gave me number to put in my sms message center number....n it's works...
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinguinness View Post
    Just ring the network and ask them to send you all the message numbers, they'll send a few texts which you open and then they auto delete. That'll sort you.
    Or the easiest: running the Settings wizard on your handset with your SIM in it.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

Thanks
    Absolutely. Both of the things you mentioned above did not solve my issues. It can't really be called a solution if it doesn't fix the problem, now can it!

As stated in my above post, some reading required, though my message centre # was correct as given to me by my service provider, they could not resolve the issue. Running the wizard did not solve the issue. Swapping the SIM twice did. Relax, sir. I'm sure most people on here are used to your condescending tone and posting board tyranny, but that doesn't mean we have to sit back and ignore it, or like you, for that matter.

Thanks again Sush!

Thanks
    If you thought resurrecting a thread that was 2 years old, how about me doing it almost 5 years later?

I have an n95, and could NOT get the SMS messages to send. Tried adding in all the correct information, but nothing worked.

Reset phone, added Message Center # in a variety of formats. Also couldn't use the Settings Wizard because it's not included on the European version of the N95, which mine is (unlocked)

This thread was the only one I found in the cornucopia of threads online that actually worked.

Again, swapped out the SIM and swapped it back in, deleted the old sms messages and boom, working flawlessly

Seems the Message Center doesn't only need the right number, it has to have the correct name in the Message Center Field too

So while resurrecting old threads is bad, this one has solved the issue for at least two people over a staggering 7 year stretch.