Reset calendar
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reset calendar

Thanks

Reset calendar

I am playing a bit with synching calendar and address book with my local server, and it works quite well. However, now I have encountered a problem.
    I had more than 3800 entries(!) in the calendar because of a lot of duplicates due to a bit of "trial and error" before I got it right.
    I was then not able to sync, because the phone would report "out of memory".
    Then i deleted all the entries on the phone (I had most of them synced anyway). Now I do not get an OOM, but instead the phone tries to delete these 3800 entries on the server. This ofcourse fails, as they do not exist on the server, but the process takes so long that the sync is causing a timeout.

Som the question is - is it possible to "reset" the calendar, so it "forgets" that there are 3800 deleted entries?
    Most applications are installed on the memory card, so I guess I could reset the phone to factory defaults, but I want to be sure if that will also empty these deleted items before I go through the process and have to set up all my other settings again.

Rgds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Go to the Month View in the Calendar app. Options---Delete Entry -- Delete all.

You can also delete entries before a certain date . Pretty limited really

Thanks
    That's what I did.
    The calendar is empty. But it still tries to tell my server that I deleted 3800 entries when I start a sync.
    So I sort of want to delete the deleted entries from wherever they are hiding...

Nokia User
    Thanks
    If you are syncing using Nokia Sync you need to reset the settings and start again with your sync profile. Try not to sync all information and just a date range

Thanks
    I finally found a way to do this.
    Just noting it here, so others might find it if they have the same or similar problems. I guess the same thing works for contacts (although I have not tested).

You need to first delete all entries from the calendar,
    * Calendar ->Options -> Delete entries - > All
    Then reset the phone to factory defaults
    * Tools -> Settings -> Factory settings
    This requires the seurity code (default "12345").

Ofcourse you need to set up all personal settings and so again, so this is sort of "last resort", but if the alternative is to have a phone that is uanble to sync, it might be worth it.

stg
    Thanks

a workaround to reset calendar

I tried removing all entries in the calendar using before date, but it did not work. i had an exchange server configured and even after removing the profile, the calendar entries did not go away.
    Here is the workaround I did
    created the exchange server profile again with email/contacts etc except calendar set to "do not synchronize" and sync set to manual for all
    once the profile was created, started syncing the profile, went back to the home screen and waited until all the calender entries got deleted and went back to the sync and cancelled the sync before it could update the new calendar entries and voila, no more calendar entries for any date.