Forgot lock code
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Angry Forgot lock code

Hello All,

i have purchased N95 and i have prepaid sim with me. i have changed the lock code. now i forget the lock code. trying power on, its asking for lock code. its now not accepting any code. Pls help me

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gkanagaraj For This Useful Post:

sathiya nataraj (11-06-2011)

3. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 929 Posts
    SIM or phone lock code? If it's the phone lock code... Power off phone. Press and hold Green, * and 3 and keep them held whilst powering on and for a few seconds after, if kept pressed this formats without asking for Security Code confirmation.

NOTE! This erases all your own data on the phone!

The phone should then accept the default lock code of 12345 when re-flashed.
    Last edited by Sp00k; 03-23-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: update
    Some members, after receiving valuable help, aren't clicking on the 'THANKS' button, please remember to do so, it would be much appreciated!

This is a 'Family-Friendly' forum and we ask that you help to ensure that it remains so.
    Behave in a sociable manner and you will be welcome here, heated arguments are a
    Posts Concerning WAREZ Will Be Deleted & Penalties May Result If RULES Are Broken.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sp00k For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Also, i think if you try it so many times, the sim card locks up aswel, and you will be required to enter a PUK Code.

if this is the case, phone your service provider, they will ask a few details and should give you your PUK code, then this will let you back into it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to big_fella_andy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    dear sp00k

i have tried holding down the green (the one u answer call with right?), the * and the number 3 button (this is while the phone is switched off right?) and THEN i switch on the fone while holding all 3 buttons down (tricky) but it still takes me to the lock code screen, should i keep holding it at the lock code screen? and but a few seconds how long exactly

sorry if these questions are annoying, but i cannot use my phone at all and any help is very much appreciated

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gkanagaraj View Post
    Hello All,

i have purchased N95 and i have prepaid sim with me. i have changed the lock code. now i forget the lock code. trying power on, its asking for lock code. its now not accepting any code. Pls help me
    How on earth did you forget it if you've just got it?
    Newbies, please don't PM me unless you have a Nokia query

Thanks
    Yagger... Correct... Keep the buttons held down until the Nokia 'hands' logo appears on-screen.

Your questions aren't annoying...

N.B. This will only hard-reset the phone, it won't reset the lock code until you flash the firmware.

Is the phone asking for a PUK code? If so, read what Andy has to say above...
    Last edited by Sp00k; 03-23-2008 at 03:01 PM.
    Some members, after receiving valuable help, aren't clicking on the 'THANKS' button, please remember to do so, it would be much appreciated!

This is a 'Family-Friendly' forum and we ask that you help to ensure that it remains so.
    Behave in a sociable manner and you will be welcome here, heated arguments are a
    Posts Concerning WAREZ Will Be Deleted & Penalties May Result If RULES Are Broken.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sp00k For This Useful Post:

maninalan (06-05-2008)

Thanks
    rp00k is great thanks

Thanks

Question

are you sure that youv 4gotten ur lock code or does the 1 u enterd just not work?

Thanks
    sexyback if u think u can remember the code which should b 6 digits long, only enter the 1st 5 of them. for some reason when u change it they ask for 6 but it only registers 5. hope it goes well 4 ya

Thanks

Phone asking code

Hi my phone is asking for a code on my n95 8gb.

Y did what you guys sayd about the green * 3 on button combination.

The only thing the phone does is ask fot the code in a different language!

Please, some help!!!!
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by menphis999 View Post
    Hi my phone is asking for a code on my n95 8gb.

Y did what you guys sayd about the green * 3 on button combination.

The only thing the phone does is ask fot the code in a different language!

Please, some help!!!!
    Thank you!
    Please type here exactly what the phone is asking for, regardless of the language.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

ale
    Thanks
    "lock code: "

this is the message that show....i have the same problem. and i already try with the 3 buttoms method.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    It will reset to default if you try that 3 code method !

ale
    Thanks
    when this happens the phone suppose to accept the default code number "12345" but it doesn't work, it just change the language from spanish to english.

thanks you. i hope u can help me...

ps..sorry about my english...

Thanks
    why doesn't the nokia hands come up on my screen becoz i did wat u said sp00k but i cant do it with out da hands

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMZ View Post
    why doesn't the nokia hands come up on my screen becoz i did wat u said sp00k but i cant do it with out da hands
    what did you say? you can't do it without your hands?

i just don't get this txt spk.
    "it's not rocket surgery".

Thanks
    I can only quote the following, taken from the forum 'TIPS' section.

"FORMATTING CODES
    *#7370# .......... Format phone...[Hard-Reset]
    *#7780# .......... Factory Reset
    Note:
    Format phone restores phone to as if it was out of the box. Retains firmware version and operator Variant changes but wipes all applications you have installed. Does not format the memory card so any apps on there may reinstall once powered back up again.

Factory Reset resets all settings to defaults but keeps any applications you have installed and photos etc. Both need the Security code, which, by default, is 12345.

Ways to format symbian phones without needing a security key:

1. To reset the mobiles other than N97 and 5800, keep pressed the following three keys on your mobile keypad and restart your phone whilst still pressing these keys. * + 3 + Call button (green button).

2. For Nokia 5800 XM: In this case, press the keys at once Red (End) + Green (call) + Photocamera Button and hold and switch on the mobile.

3. For Nokia N97: Press Left Shift key + Space Bar + BackShift and hold, then turn on the phone.

Illustrated details can be found HERE... thanks to AllAboutSymbian."

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Genius View Post
    what did you say? you can't do it without your hands?

i just don't get this txt spk.
    He refers to those shaking hands that appears when you start on your Nokia handset!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gkanagaraj View Post
    Hello All,

Try this link, maybe can help you:

Nokia Secret Codes

Thanks

hye

hye i have a nokia n95 8gb... i have forgotten my phone lock code and the 3 combination buttons don't work .how long i have to keep pressed these buttons?...please help me
    Last edited by tazz0111; 03-09-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Thanks
    thanks guyz 3 three button combination did work, i was so shocked when my phone security was not accepting the password which was already the correct one.. i waited a whole day thinking it might get alright itself ... waited then i found u guyz luv and i join u too...

Thanks
    heloo i forgot my phone lock code how to reset my phone lock code by the way my phone is sweached on at this moment but i sat if i will change the sim card phone will be locked and i dont remember the code what i set plz help me

Thanks
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

Thanks
    when u restart the phone on the start up logo (welcome screen of two shaking hands) press 3 button simultaneously until screen comes

press 3,*,green button from which u call your phone is reset now!! then again the password will be asked your password will be 12345... hope it will work for u. lol these smilies are awesome.

Thanks
    That method generally does not work, which is why I did not recommend it. It also requires a full backup of all phone data, since it will be lost in the process of formatting/hard reset. Maybe next time you might include this warning before you recommend a phone format.

Thanks
    hi i have a nokia 6700c old chap, lost my usual phone, or some crafty little bugger helped himself to it...any way need to use the 6700c temp, but dont remember the code, am not sure what code it is coz its written in russian, but i know for sure its not the sim coz i pulled that out. i switch on the phone, its sez continue without sim i press yes, then it takes me to the time and date settings screen, from there its written in russian to ublock press that centre button and then *, i do that, then it sez enter protection code( again in russian) so yeah dont have that code. is ther a way to like, i dont know just reset everything back, there is no data on it, oh yeah and the phone even wont switch off, coz the power key is the red button, and to press it, i need this bloody code. i tried the whole green button * 3, its not working. help please, i dont wanna toss the bugger its got a beatiful steel covering and my name engraved on it, pretty neat...so please help