Beware of fake hard leather cases
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 Times in 3,294 Posts

Exclamation Beware of fake hard leather cases

Following on from my reply in the thread below, and already knowing about fake cases being sold on eBay, I still managed to buy a fake, but only due to it being the only one advertised on eBay at the time for fitting the 8GB N95 version. So, I thought I would post a thread, so you too can now check what you have, or at least what to avoid buying for your N95.

N95-1 & N95 8GB Leather cases compatible? - Page 2 - Nokia Users Forum

Quote Originally Posted by GSi-R View Post
    GENUINE NOKIA N95 FLIP LEATHER POUCH CASE UK SELLER on eBay, also Pouches Protectors, For Sony Ericsson, Mobile Phone Cases Pouches, Mobile Home Phones (end time 11-Dec-07 20:34:24 GMT)

I have that one above. Beware of cheap fakes on eBay though claiming to be the same as the above. Easy way to tell them apart before buying is check the round cut area for the camera, if it looks rough, don't buy it.

Another way to tell if you have a fake is that the purple colouring on the inside felt material will wear onto your N95's case.
    I recently purchased a 8GB version with the hole for memory card blanked, but purchased a fake. Im in the process of claiming a refund.

Anyway, I thought I would post up some comparison photos, also posted here...

N95-1 & N95 8GB Leather cases compatible? - Page 2 - Nokia Users Forum

The two cases below, although one is for the N95-1, and the other for the 8GB version, the photos show the differences in quality. The flap part is already starting to wear, which indicates poor quality material used. (Kind of like cardboard inside. The suede inner is more richer in the genuine case, whereas in the fake, its more of a fabric feel to it, and not suede at all.

First up the fake photos...

Genuine photos below..
    Last edited by Micky; 01-31-2008 at 12:24 PM.

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 Times in 3,294 Posts
    And now the Genuine case..

I hope this information has been some help you those looking to buy a case like this for your N95.

Micky

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!