screen problems nokia n95 8GB black
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Question screen problems nokia n95 8GB black

Looking for information from anyone who has encountered problems with the screens on these phones, the problem is the screen is just black but the lights on the buttons are on and the phone works ( as in i can dial a number and it rings) This has just happened to me with the phone only being two months old. Is it a manufacturing fault? I am waiting to hear back from nokia and vodafone to see what they are going to do.

Anyone with any other advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Sounds like the flex cable is gone, known problem with slider phones - if thats the case it should be covered under manufacturing fault repair...
    N95 owner since April '07
    Phone 'rig': Samsung Galaxy Note with Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC, HTC One X, Black N82 V20 firmware HACKED, Samsung HS3000 receiver, Nokia DT-22 tripod, Gorillapod, iGo Ultraslim Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard, Phonejoy, Datel Retro Wireless, Zeemote, Dell Bluetooth Mouse, MHL adapter, USB OTG cable, Zephyr HxM BT heart rate monitor!
    Audio rig:
    USB DACs - ASUS Xonar Essence One desktop DAC, FiiO E17 portable, FiiO E7, HeadAmp PICO USB DAC/Amp
    Headphones - Audeze LCD-2, Grado GS1000, Sennheiser HD25-I II, ACS T15, AKG Q701, Beyerdynamic T5p

Thanks
    yep as NZ said send it back to nokia they should be able to cover it for u

Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 Times in 3,294 Posts
    Echo the above comments the guys made. Will be under warranty if only 2 months old. It will either be repaired, or replaced

Let us know how you get on.

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

Thanks
    DagNammit!!! Nokia 8Gb Screen is black!

Same problem here guys, Strangest I ever seen, I wake up to the phone alarm goin off, turn off the alarm and go to check the time......Screen is totally black! The **** phone aint moved all night and its broke.. I tried everything, re-intstalled firmware, factory reset, Hard reset, format Mass Mem. the lot and nada...

I can plug in the TV Out and see the phone display on the TV but nothin on the screen on the phone...

Any ideas? Similar problems that have been resolved?>

Think its going to have to head back to nokia.. I'll let you know....

Nokia Engineer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
    DagNammit!!! Nokia 8Gb Screen is black!

Same problem here guys, Strangest I ever seen, I wake up to the phone alarm goin off, turn off the alarm and go to check the time......Screen is totally black! The **** phone aint moved all night and its broke.. I tried everything, re-intstalled firmware, factory reset, Hard reset, format Mass Mem. the lot and nada...

I can plug in the TV Out and see the phone display on the TV but nothin on the screen on the phone...

Any ideas? Similar problems that have been resolved?>

Think its going to have to head back to nokia.. I'll let you know....
    take it to a service centre they will fix it for free and it only take 5 mins if you already have the latest version of software installed cause then we dont have to flash em. i see quite a few like this

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gebstar View Post
    Looking for information from anyone who has encountered problems with the screens on these phones, the problem is the screen is just black but the lights on the buttons are on and the phone works ( as in i can dial a number and it rings) This has just happened to me with the phone only being two months old. Is it a manufacturing fault? I am waiting to hear back from nokia and vodafone to see what they are going to do.

Anyone with any other advice?
    hi dan here i recently got a n95 8gb and the very same thing happend on mine u can dial numbers but no screen it comes n gos when i turn it off i am on 3 network and they are sending me a new one i hope i only got it 3 days ago ! regards dan

Thanks
    I have got a nokia n95 8gb and the same thing happend with mine with the screen going black but then the screen wouldnt even come on, so i got a new flex cable from ebay and checked that it was a proper nokia item not a fake and the screen still will noy come up with any colours it just comes up with the screen being blank. what is it that i can do to fix the problem

Thanks
    same problem aswell , and it seems to be something wiv the graphics processor just like u have wiv laptops.

Thanks
    i have fixed mine, was an easy fix as i just have to replace the flex cable that has the front camera and primary keypad(one without numbers) and its all working fine now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mj4y For This Useful Post:

Micky (11-07-2010)

Thanks
    I got kinda the same problem... but i cant dial, the phone wont even turn on! haha, but ive had this badboy for 2+ years with no significant issues.. Minus it dying.. I dont know what to do, i loved my n95!!!

Thanks
    Exact thing happened with me, went to bed in the morning phone was broke, done all you have. But sometimes it decides to light up and you can use like normal for any thing up to 5 minutes then its black again. cant see new wiring helping this problem

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadDas View Post
    Exact thing happened with me, went to bed in the morning phone was broke, done all you have. But sometimes it decides to light up and you can use like normal for any thing up to 5 minutes then its black again. cant see new wiring helping this problem
    I have exactly the same problem, but it started when I stupidly stopped a hidden program using Y-Tasks. Sometimes it lights up and I can use it normally. Then it starts to show some fault colors, and the screen may freeze showing random color pixels appearing from the upper right corner. After that the screen turns off.

The Phoenix Service Software shows that all test pass OK. I tested the screen when it was off and when worked fine. The results are the same.

I think it is a software problem (since I started it when I stopped that app). Should I try to reflash?

Another question: Is is possible that it is a hardware problem? (I do not think so, but ask just in case.)

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,967 Times in 2,332 Posts
    I would bet it's a hardware problem and it's pure coincidence that it happened when you decided to stop an app.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

logix (10-17-2011)

Thanks

Unhappy

mine is about more than 2 years old..it slipped of my hand and fell on the cement floor except for the battery and cover disintegrated.. i tried turning it on but the buttons are the only thing lighted .... the screen is just black..oh gosh...can it be fixed?please help
    Last edited by kenjak; 10-26-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks

Unhappy Same Problem N95

Same Problem here I have Nokia N95 and the screen is just black but the lights on the buttons are on and the phone works I just woke up to see what time is it on my phone and suddenly the screen is Dark, but still works as if I am working on it while closing my eyes.... still working but can't see and thing the screen is ruined... is that mean the software is damaged or it's just the screen cause I have very important data in it??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shou93 View Post
    Same Problem here I have Nokia N95 and the screen is just black but the lights on the buttons are on and the phone works I just woke up to see what time is it on my phone and suddenly the screen is Dark, but still works as if I am working on it while closing my eyes.... still working but can't see and thing the screen is ruined... is that mean the software is damaged or it's just the screen cause I have very important data in it??
    Probably a screen or screen ribbon hardware issue as mentioned in the above posts. Connect your N95 to a TV via the TV out cable to use the TV as it's screen for a short term fix and to get a good idea if everything else is OK. Get your important data off it via USB and mass storage mode/Ovi suite mode while connected to the TV.
    This forum taught me all I know - use search and let it teach you too !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dynomot View Post
    Probably a screen or screen ribbon hardware issue as mentioned in the above posts. Connect your N95 to a TV via the TV out cable to use the TV as it's screen for a short term fix and to get a good idea if everything else is OK. Get your important data off it via USB and mass storage mode/Ovi suite mode while connected to the TV.
    well thank you so much.... I would try that idea right away ^_^..... thanks =D