Mass Memory Won't Format/Corrupted
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Hi,

How ironic that my first post on this site is me asking for help. lol.

Anyways, my Nokia N95 8GB (N95-2), is having a real difficult problem that I cannot seem to fix. My mass memory (that 8gb) became corrupted when I was putting on some songs, and when the nokia music manager application crashed, it did something to the mass memory. When I went into the file manager the mass memory was shown as corrupted. I thought, no deal, so I went to the phone options and went ahead to format the mass memory. Now this is where it gets weird, the phone gets past the format stage (the progress bar) and then it asks me what I want to name it - I leave it as the default name - but when I go next it gives me this message..."Error occured. Operation Cancelled."

This is what I am given every time I try to format it. I have even tried formatting in Windows Xp, but that doesn't do antything either. When I plug in the USB and select data transfer, the memory segment doesn't show up in My Computer. I dont know what happened but I cant fix it at all. I am considering reinstalling firmware to see if that does anything at all. I would appreciate some help if you could give it. Thanks.

P.S.
    My Phone Info

V 20.0.016
    28-02-28
    RM-320
    Nokia N-95 (63.01

I am running Windows Xp Home.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,104 Times in 814 Posts
    first time i heard about this. do a hard reset first then reinstall firmware. if that doesn't work, you're gonna have to call nokia up.

Thanks
    Way or another you will have to reinstall the FW in some stage ..as you formatted your mass memory try to rename it when asked and see what happened ..formatting has obviously wiped
    everything on the phone and it is like reinstalling window and all systemfiles and drivers from the scratch.
    Today I am an Idiot till I learn something new

Thanks
    I tried again with a new format...got the same message. Right now, my phone works and all..its just, I am kinda missing out on the 8GB part of a Nokia N95 8GB...lol.

I am guessing there is no program that will let me upload firmwares onto a BB5 phone is there? Since I am guessing I should try that and install the very first firmware to see if that works. My N95 8GB is a unlocked phone BTW.

Thanks

N95 8GB Mass Memory not available

I also have this problem and cannot find any info on the net get this corrected. My phone is absolutely ok but i dont have access to the 8GB mass memory. I have done the hard reset and the soft reset. PLEASE HELP

Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 Times in 3,294 Posts
    Maybe start your own thread lusrhme, you may get more help. Add as much information in your thread as possible to ensure you get the correct help/Advice.

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
    I tried again with a new format...got the same message. Right now, my phone works and all..its just, I am kinda missing out on the 8GB part of a Nokia N95 8GB...lol.

I am guessing there is no program that will let me upload firmwares onto a BB5 phone is there? Since I am guessing I should try that and install the very first firmware to see if that works. My N95 8GB is a unlocked phone BTW.
    You can use Nokia Software Updater to either upgrade your firmware if an upgrade ia available or re-install your firmware if you already have the latest available version.

You cannot downgrade firmware or install any other version other than the current latest one available for your phone.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

Thanks
    I have the same problem on my N95-2 : The Mass Memory is corruted/not available and I can`t format.

Once in a while, it comes back somehow and I tried formating it through Data Transfer (USB cable) and when its almost finished, a pop-up appears telling me Windows is unable to complete it...

Very weird.
    I found a program to flash the phone but not sure if I should do it yet...

Thanks
    @ MyThic3Lite, does the phone itself let you choose data transfer mode when you connect via USB? If the phone does but it doesnt show up in My Computer, try scanning for new hardware using the Windows device manager. If that makes it show up, then right click on it and select format.
    Mendozaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!

NokiaUsers.net

Thanks

Hi,

How ironic that my first post on this site is me asking for help. lol.

Anyways, my Nokia N95 8GB (N95-2), is having a real difficult problem that I cannot seem to fix. My mass memory (that 8gb) became corrupted when I was putting on some songs, and when the nokia music manager application crashed, it did something to the mass memory. When I went into the file manager the mass memory was shown as corrupted. I thought, no deal, so I went to the phone options and went ahead to format the mass memory. Now this is where it gets weird, the phone gets past the format stage (the progress bar) and then it asks me what I want to name it - I leave it as the default name - but when I go next it gives me this message..."Error occured. Operation Cancelled."

This is what I am given every time I try to format it. I have even tried formatting in Windows Xp, but that doesn't do antything either. When I plug in the USB and select data transfer, the memory segment doesn't show up in My Computer. I dont know what happened but I cant fix it at all. I am considering reinstalling firmware to see if that does anything at all. I would appreciate some help if you could give it. Thanks.

A.D.
    My Phone Info

V 20.0.016
    28-02-08
    RM-320
    Nokia N-95 (63.01)

I am running Windows Xp Home.[/QUOTE]

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Try the card in a card reader on a PC, if you still can't format it then it is the card which is faulty.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Try the card in a card reader on a PC, if you still can't format it then it is the card which is faulty.
    It's a N95 -2.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.