nokia n95 screen issue
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

nokia n95 screen issue

hey guys, long time watcher, first time poster

i have an issue with my n95, it worked fine up until a few days ago when the display just stopped working? i keep meaning to take it into a service center but wondered if there was anything i could do before i take it in..

it accepts power, i plug in the charger and the lights come on, however it's just a blank screen with the blacklight on? really strange, anyone else come across this?

any information or help will be a great help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Dedicated User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by calabi View Post

i have an issue with my n95, it worked fine up until a few days ago when the display just stopped working? i keep meaning to take it into a service center but wondered if there was anything i could do before i take it in..

it accepts power, i plug in the charger and the lights come on, however it's just a blank screen with the blacklight on? really strange, anyone else come across this?

Welcome to the forums calabi...I had similar issues (try searching for "backlight display") and you will see you're not the only one whose had this issue.

My troubles were fixed by upgrading to the latest Firmware. Since then no more backlight/display issues.

Cheers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nauti For This Useful Post:

Micky (08-05-2008)

Moz
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calabi View Post

Hi Calabi, before updating to firmware I recommend connecting it to your TV Out via the cable to ensure a signal is being recieved. If it is, then you can try a firmware upgrade. Although it's likely to be a broken LCD or weak contact. Which is an easy self fix once you buy a new screen 20 - 30 and a 5 minute fix. Walkthroughs are available on the search function.

Thanks
    i dont have the tv out cable in order to test this but i have tried a software update, it won't detect the phone when it's plugged in via usb, is there something i need to do on the phone to put it into flash mode or something?

thanks again for your replies.

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    Just plugging the phone into the USB cable should work out fine. Maybe redownload the software?

Have you dropped it recently? that could have messed with the connection plug.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 Times in 3,294 Posts
    Did you not get a TV Out cable with it?

Do you know of anyone else that may have one that you can borrow?

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

Thanks

screen black-upside down and back to front!!!!

hey guys,
    i recently invested in my friends nokia N95 as he got the one above, but ive had it for about 2 days now the first night i got it the screen flickered and went fuzzy then it was fine for a few days then last night it went upsidedown and the screen went back to front like all the words were opposite, now its just gone black but the button sounds and calls are possible and still connects to computer, just no screen, i really love this phone is there anyway i can repair it as i dont have warranty because my friend has had it for over a yr. i read that replacing the screen may help, just wondering on the cost as im from australia, and if this will really help fix the problem!!!!
    thanks guys
    xx

Moz
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emily-ash-1 View Post
    hey guys,
    i recently invested in my friends nokia N95 as he got the one above, but ive had it for about 2 days now the first night i got it the screen flickered and went fuzzy then it was fine for a few days then last night it went upsidedown and the screen went back to front like all the words were opposite, now its just gone black but the button sounds and calls are possible and still connects to computer, just no screen, i really love this phone is there anyway i can repair it as i dont have warranty because my friend has had it for over a yr. i read that replacing the screen may help, just wondering on the cost as im from australia, and if this will really help fix the problem!!!!
    thanks guys
    xx
    Hi and welcome to the forums.

What version are you running ( press *#0000# ) to find out. You may need to upgrade your firmware, as it may be a buggy version.

Gaz
    Thanks
    looks like a new slide assembly is on the cards for you !
    Nokia supply a 25 month warranty for european handsets but i'm not sure about australia so it might be worth checking with your local NSC to see if they can do it under warranty.
    they will also be able to tell you how much it will cost if the warranty has expired

Thanks
    hey guys,
    thanks guys
    xx
    Welcome to the forums, however, please start your own thread regarding your N95 problems in future, and not HiJack someone elses thread. Having your own thread will help both yourself, and other members to get more direct help, and show during searches for similar issues ebeing experienced.

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

Thanks
    hey guys,
    thanks guys
    xx
    heyya im new on here emily-ash i have the same problem i got the phone for xmas and i really like it ... please could any one help me the syptoms what it is possible fixes many thanx jackanarious

Thanks
    i have original nokia n95 and i want to download a new software thats become touchscreen i want touchscreen on my n95 so plz tell me that what should i do for dis????

Thanks
    There is no software that will turn your phone into touchscreen!

Thanks

Thanks

phone has gone black too

hi guys newbie here, my n95 screen has gone black too, i went and got a loan phone and now it has done the same thing too? and ideas?
    thank you