My Nokia N95 8GB NAM (RM-421) keeps restarting
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

My Nokia N95 8GB NAM (RM-421) keeps restarting

My Nokia N95 8GB NAM (RM-421) keeps restarting the nokia logo comes up then the screen switches off the same thing keeps happening its not even possible to switch the phone off without removing the battery. I debranded the phone a week ago and then i installed some applications then after restarting the symptoms mentioned above occurred. When we connect the phone to the pc it does not get detected. We are not able to get it on nokia's OS. please help ! because i just got this phone recently and have not been able to use it alot because of this problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,971 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Power off phone. Press and hold Green, * and 3 and keep them held whilst powering on and for a few seconds after, until you get the screen asking you to select country, etc.

This should reset your phone to it's out-of-the-box status, except that you will still have the firmware currently on it, i.e. it will still be debranded. You will lose everything in the phone memory (Contacts, messages, photos, applications, etc.), whatever you have in mass memory is safe.

If that doesn't help, you need to take it to a Nokia service centre.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neeraj98765 View Post
    My Nokia N95 8GB NAM (RM-421) keeps restarting the nokia logo comes up then the screen switches off the same thing keeps happening its not even possible to switch the phone off without removing the battery. I debranded the phone a week ago and then i installed some applications then after restarting the symptoms mentioned above occurred. When we connect the phone to the pc it does not get detected. We are not able to get it on nokia's OS. please help ! because i just got this phone recently and have not been able to use it alot because of this problem.
    Have you installed OGGPLAY?
    I have the same symptom after installing oggplay.

Thanks

Titanic

Quote Originally Posted by 93tid View Post
    Power off phone. Press and hold Green, * and 3 and keep them held whilst powering on and for a few seconds after, until you get the screen asking you to select country, etc.

This should reset your phone to it's out-of-the-box status, except that you will still have the firmware currently on it, i.e. it will still be debranded. You will lose everything in the phone memory (Contacts, messages, photos, applications, etc.), whatever you have in mass memory is safe.

If that doesn't help, you need to take it to a Nokia service centre.
    That was really helpful but about the last part about the amatuer and proffessionals and Titanic I would like to update you that the ametuer's arc did not sink whereas the Titanic did.No hard feelings here but the ametuer had the backing of the greatest Engineer in the universe that is God.
    Please don't get me wrong.