Nokia N95 Switching Off & Connection Error
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Thumbs down Nokia N95 Switching Off & Connection Error

Hi ! Like many of you, I too have problems with my N95. The phone constantly switches off during calls and sometimes when a call is made the person on the other end of the phone cannot hear you, switching the phone off and back on again usually fixes the problem. The other problem is "connection error", sometimes the phone cuts off and the screen displays connection error, again switching the phone off and on again resolves the issue until the next time ! I got this phone from Orange on an upgrade just under a month ago and I'm stiil getting the same problem on the replacement handset that they sent me out. Orange say it is a known issue but all thay can do is replace it with another one but the phones they are replaceing it with are just as bad, they have exactly the same problem, so what is the point in replacing it ! Two people I know have the N95, and they too have the same problem, so it's time Nokia sorted this out ASAP. I'm now really fed-up with this phone and wish I had never bought it. Anybody got similar issues ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks

Nokia N95 Switching Off & Connection Error

Its a well known fact that Orange and other mobile SP's are disabling the VOIP function on their locked models. Maybe this has an adverse effect on the phone generally. It would be nice if someone "in the know" could provide some info.

By the way, I have had my factory unlocked N95 for three weeks now and it has worked perfectly sofar, in all respects.
    Last edited by RoyBoy99; 05-26-2007 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Additional info:

Thanks
    Hi Robroy99, As you say if someone "in the know" could provide some input into this matter that would be helpfull. The problem with phoning your ISP is that all they do is fault diagnose through a flow chart on the PC. Someone with a bit of technical experience here would be helpfull to give some details as to where the problem lies. I don't want to tempt fate, but my phone was ok for the first three weeks as well, then it went crazy, and has never worked properly since. The phone has never had any software or upgrades carried out on it. I have just e-mailed Nokia Support to see if I can get the problem resolved this way. What annoys me most is that this is a brand new phone and nobody can appear to fix it, apart from Orange who can only replace it and this does not work either. I've been a fan of Nokia up until now !!