Hrrumph! What's file transfer mode?
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Hrrumph! What's file transfer mode?

I tried running the Nokia PC Suite software, but it won't let me connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable because it says the phone is in file transfer mode. I've tried to look this up in the manual but I can't find out what it means. Can anyone help? Muchos gracias.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    The setting for this can be found in the tools folder, under USB. Should have that information listed there. I have mine set to ask every time a USB plug is connected, that way if I want to use the mode I was in last, I can ignore the pop up- or select a different mode for another need.

Let me know if that works out for you.

Welcome to the forums, btw. Always glad to add another member to our little club.

Thanks
    hello from London!
    Thanks so much for your prompt reply. Please forgive me, I am really an N95 novice!
    I tried what you said, found the options, and it said I was in PC Suite mode already! So I tried again to connect to my PC and it said again that I was in file transfer mode, which the phone is telling me I am not. Am mystified!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 929 Posts
    Alranson...

Select.... Menu/Tools/Settings/Connection/USB... Is "Ask on Connection" set to 'Yes' ?

If not, set it to 'Yes' and you'll be able to choose how you want to connect each time you plug the USB cable into your phone.

Thanks
    I have this exact problem- just updated firmware and now I can't get into PC Suite to reload my settings from backup for the 'Your phone is in file transfer mode......'. It is actually in PC Suite mode, I have it set to ask under USB settings, but i still get the same problem. I've also rebooted the phone and removed the battery. Any ideas please.. pretty desperate now

Thanks
    what if you set the USB mode to PC Suite and Ask on connection to No? does it still force the phone to be file transfer mode?

Thanks
    Thanks for the quick reply- yes it still insists it's in Transfer mode.

Thanks
    perhaps try doing a phone settings reset. key in *#7780# on the phone idle screen. default lock code is 12345 if you have not changed it.

if that fails, you could do a hard reset. this will erase everything on the phone and restore to factory-shipped state. power off your phone, then keep the green dial key + 3 + * pressed while powering up the phone. upon successful reformat, you'd be prompted to select region/country, date and time

Thanks
    Oh, it also says that multiple phones are connected...??

Thanks
    do update your profile to include your phone model and firmware (key in *#0000# on the phone idle screen) so that we may assist you better.

which version of nokia pc suite do you have installed?

Thanks
    Cool, thanks- profile is now updated Still no joy with the phone though.

Thanks
    I'm using V 30.0.015. Just tried to reformat this morning and it's made no difference.

Thanks
    Hi again.
    Managed to get in to restore from PC Suite, but none of my contacts or calendar are there. I have my numbers in my sim fortunately, but is there any other way I can get my calendar back in? It seems PC suite has only put my gallery items back on.
    cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 3,258 Posts
    FWIW PC suite NEVER restores my calandar entries.
    If you appreciate ANY help or Uploaded files from a member,then show it by saying it and clicking on the 'Thanks' button

ANY Theme/Font Uploaded By Me In The THEMES or FONTS Section With a (NOW) Dead Link,Let Me Know In That Thread (not by e-mail OR private message please) And I'll Re-Upload It As I have ALL Themes/Fonts Uploaded By MYSELF!

Banned
    Thanks
    Content copier should be removed from PC Suite. It is s stupid and redundant part of the software that seems to often screw up.

For future reference PC Sync backs up contacts, calander, notes and bookmarks quite well. If you have a current outlook profile that you do not wish to pollute with your phone info then just create a new outlook profile and sync the phone with that.

BTW
    you guys with the problems... you are using this version of PC Suite?
    Nokia - Nseries PC Suite 2.0

Thanks
    I've used the Nseries PC suite and the other Nokia PC suite, both don't restore my calendar entries.
    If you appreciate ANY help or Uploaded files from a member,then show it by saying it and clicking on the 'Thanks' button

ANY Theme/Font Uploaded By Me In The THEMES or FONTS Section With a (NOW) Dead Link,Let Me Know In That Thread (not by e-mail OR private message please) And I'll Re-Upload It As I have ALL Themes/Fonts Uploaded By MYSELF!

Thanks

Unhappy

hi I m having nokia 5800. n i m facing the same error. in phone i select pc suit but in my pc it give msg that it can not connect in pc suit as it is file transfer mode... i m having vista in pc. plz help me out with this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nax11 View Post
    hi I m having nokia 5800. n i m facing the same error. in phone i select pc suit but in my pc it give msg that it can not connect in pc suit as it is file transfer mode... i m having vista in pc. plz help me out with this?
    Change it to PC suite mode.

And maybe you should have posted your querie in the 5800 section, never mind.