Hard Reset 5800
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hard Reset 5800

Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 3,258 Posts

Hard Reset 5800

"Press and hold RED + GREEN + CAMERA when powering up.

Keep the keys pressed until you get the shaking hands. Keep the keys pressed until you get the shaking hands. That should fully reset the device, with a lock code of 12345.

That should fully reset the device, with a lock code of 12345

This is only available on phones with 20.0.012 or later

SOURCE BELOW

Translated version of http://www.symbianplanet.net/
    If you appreciate ANY help or Uploaded files from a member,then show it by saying it and clicking on the 'Thanks' button

ANY Theme/Font Uploaded By Me In The THEMES or FONTS Section With a (NOW) Dead Link,Let Me Know In That Thread (not by e-mail OR private message please) And I'll Re-Upload It As I have ALL Themes/Fonts Uploaded By MYSELF!

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Grayburn For This Useful Post:

93tid (02-10-2009), Bartmanekul (02-11-2009), david c (02-20-2009), demowayne (02-11-2009), Guest37 (02-10-2009), jonathan_phang (02-11-2009), maleyale (01-12-2011), Micky (02-11-2009), PuNkEr (02-11-2009), Sp00k (02-20-2009), tamz786 (05-10-2009), Tommie (02-11-2009), vash_h (05-27-2009)

3. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks
    Awesome! Another useful feature loads of owners can't use because they can't update!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 3,258 Posts
    Sorry mate, just passing on the info.
    If you appreciate ANY help or Uploaded files from a member,then show it by saying it and clicking on the 'Thanks' button

ANY Theme/Font Uploaded By Me In The THEMES or FONTS Section With a (NOW) Dead Link,Let Me Know In That Thread (not by e-mail OR private message please) And I'll Re-Upload It As I have ALL Themes/Fonts Uploaded By MYSELF!

Banned
    Thanks
    Yeah I know, just bitter at Nokia Now contemplating invalidating my warranty and changing product code so I can update.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 Times in 3,294 Posts
    Patients are a virtue mate.

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

Thanks
    Well, at least they've addressed it. Although, they'll have to add something else for the N97 since it doesn't have the physical call and end keys. At least now they'll be thinking about it though, and there will be a whole slew of other keys to choose from. Just an oversight, I'm sure. I bet there was a nice discussion on "what were we thinking leaving that out" somewhere at a Nokia engineering site

Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,217 Posts
    You sure? I thought it did. *goes to find N97 pictures*

Well, it has the symbols on the bottom part, but unless you get hold of one you wont know if they are physical buttons flush with the case, or just touch sensitive ones.
    Last edited by Bartmanekul; 02-11-2009 at 08:24 AM.
    I do not give instructions on how to bypass satnav copy protection. So please do not ask via forum or PM.

Pay for you're software, this helps makers produce updates and support the product.

For a Garmin review, click HERE

Copilot review: HERE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanekul View Post
    You sure? I thought it did. *goes to find N97 pictures*

Well, it has the symbols on the bottom part, but unless you get hold of one you wont know if they are physical buttons flush with the case, or just touch sensitive ones.
    The Mobile Review "preview" of the prototype said there were no physical call/end buttons, and that the only real button on the face was the media key.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Review
    Keypad
    On the front fascia there is only one hardware button that calls up the phone's Menu and allows jumping between widgets and menus, as well as viewing the list of currently running applications. Both Call and End keys are touch-sensitive. Even though normally I despise this type of controls, I found that they were more or less usable in the N97.
    Last edited by mrpuppy; 02-11-2009 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Added mobile review quote

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mrpuppy For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (02-11-2009)

dtm
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Now contemplating invalidating my warranty and changing product code so I can update.

Me too........

Thanks
    Yeah I know, just bitter at Nokia Now contemplating invalidating my warranty and changing product code so I can update.
    Go for it. Life's too short. This is the last email from Nokia that made me bite the bullet :-

Dear Stepehn,

Thank you for contacting Nokia Care.

I hope this email finds you well. The software updates available via the Nokia Software Updater (NSU) can only be used by certain product codes. At this point, NSU is unable to recognise your product code. The new software would be made available at a Nokia Care Point first before is it uploaded to NSU.

I suggest that you take your Nokia 5800 to a Nokia Care Point with your proof of purchase. The technicians there would be able to update the phone's software. You can obtain the locations of the Nokia Care Points from the link below:

Thanks
    Cheers for that will be useful in future I'm sure!
    Mr. G perhaps you should sticky this for future reference?
    "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear." - Nelson Mandela

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PuNkEr For This Useful Post:

Moz (02-12-2009)

Thanks
    Now contemplating invalidating my warranty and changing product code so I can update.

I tried that earlier on and could't even update to a code that according to Nokia's update site was v20! So I swapped back to the original when I'm told I can get the v11.0.009 update. Was there a problem with Nokia's servers earlier or something?

Dedicated User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bidboy View Post
    Go for it. Life's too short. This is the last email from Nokia that made me bite the bullet :-
    I just got an almost identical email from Nokia.

I've replied pointing out they hadn't answered my question and asking for the SPECIFIC reason that 0575581 isn't being supported with updated.

I'm not expecting a sensible reply but maybe if I keep asking enough times the question might get to someone who can actually do something about it.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjam69 View Post
    I tried that earlier on and could't even update to a code that according to Nokia's update site was v20! So I swapped back to the original when I'm told I can get the v11.0.009 update. Was there a problem with Nokia's servers earlier or something?
    I've always found the Nokia update site to be behind in the times anyway. Take Bart's 5800 for example, he updated to v20 yet when I asked him to check on the website with his product code, it came back with latest being v11.

In the other thread, someone changed their product code and updated to v20 - so codes that allow it, do exist.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest37 For This Useful Post:

ramjam69 (02-11-2009)

Dedicated User
    Thanks
    Can I ask what actually occurs when a soft reset or a hard rest is done on the phone? Is it only settings reverted, or is there actually file deletion etc. Just good to know so that I can take the appropriate action to backup (or not as the case may be) when either of those actions is recommended as a solution.

Cheers. JP

Nokia User
    Thanks
    'Soft reset' just changes the settings back to default

'Hard reset' wiped data, the phone will be like the day you first turned it on (or updated the firmware)

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demowayne For This Useful Post:

jonathan_phang (02-12-2009), Moz (02-12-2009)

Dedicated User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by demowayne View Post
    'Hard reset' wiped data, the phone will be like the day you first turned it on (or updated the firmware)
    Right soft reset seems fine, however, with the hard reset, its only going to wipe the phone memory right? Not anything to do with the memory card. Hmmm... I wonder if Vodafone actually put anything on there that I would loose in the event of a hard reset. Might have to check.

Thanks for the info though... Lets hope I dont have to do one!

Moz
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Your memory card won't be affected. But remove it anyway, as there were some reports some peoples memory cards wanted a password after a firmware upgrade.
    Last edited by Moz; 02-12-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks

thank you button

what and where is the thank you button?
    Last edited by jorra; 03-23-2010 at 04:30 AM.

Thanks
    when you're signed in as a member, you can see the "Thanks" button in the bottom right hand corner of every post.

members use it to thank other members if they have provided help, advice, tip or tricks etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "it's not rocket surgery".

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Evil Genius For This Useful Post:

Grayburn (03-23-2010)