Leaked ANNA for N8
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 51
  1. #1
    Nokia Genius Del1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near Dartford in Kent, UK
    Posts
    574
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 173 Times in 124 Posts

    Leaked ANNA for N8

    Over at daily mobile there appears to be a leaked chinese version of anna available that does support english, if anyone wants to start flashing

    more here

    Here's a download link posted by ivo777 from dailymobile......

    Download Symbian Anna for Nokia N8 RM-596 Firmware version 22.014 (mediafire link): http://www.mediafire.com/?cwukqvn7xnp3ge4
    Last edited by Del1701; 07-09-2011 at 08:24 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i'll personally rather wait till its officially set out, don't really want a expensive paper weight

  4. #3
    Nokia User doshunnN85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 99 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Del1701 View Post
    Over at daily mobile there appears to be a leaked chinese version of anna available that does support english, if anyone wants to start flashing

    more here

    Here's a download link posted by ivo777 from dailymobile......

    Download Symbian Anna for Nokia N8 RM-596 Firmware version 22.014 (mediafire link): N 8 RM-596 FW 22.014 Symbian Anna.rar
    Have you tried the new Firmware ?
    Pressing Thanks doesnt really hurt... Does it? Click it and find out!

  5. #4
    Nokia Genius Del1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near Dartford in Kent, UK
    Posts
    574
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 173 Times in 124 Posts
    Not yet, think i'll give it ago tonight though

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Del1701 For This Useful Post:

    doshunnN85 (07-09-2011)

  7. #5
    Nokia User doshunnN85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 99 Times in 78 Posts
    Let us know how it turns out
    Pressing Thanks doesnt really hurt... Does it? Click it and find out!

  8. #6
    Nokia User speccy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 93 Times in 42 Posts
    These guys have flashed their N8 with it and don't report any major bugs with it, although they stress that this is may not be the final version. They link to the firmware and an installation tutorial: Leaked: Symbian ANNA PR 2.0 Firmware Update for Nokia N8 - Chinese n English - Product Code: 059D2S8 - Download Now

    This guy on Twitter has been trying it out, and has posted pics/comments: Twitter

  9. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I flashed with this version of symbian anna and it has completely removed my purple tint issue. I have found potrait swype as well, new awesome browser, very fast UI, no bugs found till now. Only from screen saver option, slideshow and music player option is missing. No Split keyboard in this Symbian Anna..Still checking this firmware..will keep posted if found any bug. But guys Purple tint issue is solved and i don't need anything from nokia now.

  10. #8
    Nokia User speccy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 93 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vraviranjan View Post
    I flashed with this version of symbian anna and it has completely removed my purple tint issue. I have found potrait swype as well, new awesome browser, very fast UI, no bugs found till now. Only from screen saver option, slideshow and music player option is missing. No Split keyboard in this Symbian Anna..Still checking this firmware..will keep posted if found any bug. But guys Purple tint issue is solved and i don't need anything from nokia now.
    Purple screen issue solved?! That's pretty amazing. Not that it affects me, but good news for those who are affected!

  11. #9
    Nokia Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    london
    Posts
    6,411
    Thanks
    2,911
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    I am finding it hard to believe the purple tint issue is solved . some screenshots of the analouge clock would be great . Lock the scren then press the menu key .

  12. #10
    Nokia User jerusm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    220
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 95 Times in 56 Posts
    Everyone over at Daily Mobile who flashed their phones are reporting that the purple tint is gone... I'd like to see some screen shots as well..

  13. #11
    Nokia Genius Del1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near Dartford in Kent, UK
    Posts
    574
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 173 Times in 124 Posts
    I flashed this about an hour ago and have been setting it up, for me the only bug I have found so far is that ovi store does not show my stuff the circle keeps spinning but I can still download from ovi store because I downloaded swype, so far it seems stable but I can't comment on the purple screen , however the standard lock screen does look better in terms of colour but I'm colour blind so the purple tint really does mean nothing to me.

    The new calendar is good, transitions are good. In the camera app theres a new icon on screen to take photos.

    The latest nokia bubbles works realy well with it, no more 2-3 second lag when pressing the menu key to get bubbles to show

    I've loaded up best task manager and there appears to be more ram available, sweet, i'll have to keep an eye on this though.

    All in all so far now I have tweeked my N8 I'm glad I have flashed it, but If your all expecting miracles from anna in the UI then personaly for me it's not there, I'm expecting that in Belle.

    I'd recommend that you all should flash this and give it a go, I don't think it's the final release of anna because there is no split screen but it's still worth a flash.

  14. #12
    Nokia User doshunnN85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 99 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
    I am finding it hard to believe the purple tint issue is solved . some screenshots of the analouge clock would be great . Lock the scren then press the menu key .
    Is there a program/app that I can use to get a screenshot of my phone's screen then upload it here ?

    ---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Del1701 View Post
    I flashed this about an hour ago and have been setting it up, for me the only bug I have found so far is that ovi store does not show my stuff the circle keeps spinning but I can still download from ovi store because I downloaded swype, so far it seems stable but I can't comment on the purple screen , however the standard lock screen does look better in terms of colour but I'm colour blind so the purple tint really does mean nothing to me.

    The new calendar is good, transitions are good. In the camera app theres a new icon on screen to take photos.

    The latest nokia bubbles works realy well with it, no more 2-3 second lag when pressing the menu key to get bubbles to show

    I've loaded up best task manager and there appears to be more ram available, sweet, i'll have to keep an eye on this though.

    All in all so far now I have tweeked my N8 I'm glad I have flashed it, but If your all expecting miracles from anna in the UI then personaly for me it's not there, I'm expecting that in Belle.

    I'd recommend that you all should flash this and give it a go, I don't think it's the final release of anna because there is no split screen but it's still worth a flash.
    Ovi store remembers all purchased and downloaded apps for me. Just needed to sign in. I've done so over wifi - what were you on ?
    Pressing Thanks doesnt really hurt... Does it? Click it and find out!

  15. #13
    Nokia User jerusm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    220
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 95 Times in 56 Posts
    [QUOTE=doshunnN85;309994]Is there a program/app that I can use to get a screenshot of my phone's screen then upload it here ?

    ---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------



    The purple issue never showed up with software based screen shots, the only way to see it is actually taking a picture of the screen...

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to jerusm For This Useful Post:

    doshunnN85 (07-10-2011)

  17. #14
    Nokia User doshunnN85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 99 Times in 78 Posts
    [QUOTE=jerusm;309996]
    Quote Originally Posted by doshunnN85 View Post
    Is there a program/app that I can use to get a screenshot of my phone's screen then upload it here ?

    ---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------



    The purple issue never showed up with software based screen shots, the only way to see it is actually taking a picture of the screen...
    Ok, will take pictures of the screen tomorrow with another N8 and post them here.

    ---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

    But just for future references, what is that software based screenshot program ?
    Pressing Thanks doesnt really hurt... Does it? Click it and find out!

  18. #15
    Nokia Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    london
    Posts
    6,411
    Thanks
    2,911
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    a sreenshot doesnt capture the purple tint because it was hardware and not software you had to use a camera to take a picture of the analouge screensaver . lock phone press menu button then the screen clock will be half purple if you have the problem . A screenshot wont capture it though you need a camera .

    I also saw the posts over at daily mobile but i am still finding it hard to believe and i still dont think the purple tint will be gone unless nokia have made the standard brightness even brighter to hide the problem

  19. #16
    Nokia User jerusm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    220
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 95 Times in 56 Posts

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to jerusm For This Useful Post:

    doshunnN85 (07-10-2011)

  21. #17
    Nokia User doshunnN85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 99 Times in 78 Posts
    And I've only been using anna for an hour or so but looks really promising, I dont feel any resentment towards Nokia anymore ! lol.. It was well worth the wait ! Anyone who hasnt flashed, I recommend you do so, you wont regret it ! Everything has improved ! Loving th swype in portrait mode ! The key/number pad is smaller but that doesnt seem to bother anna, the touch experience is so responsive ! Before I used to type in my passwords and at the same time check to see if I have actually hit the right letter/number but now I dont need to at all, it is spot on !

    Loads of new features and improvements throughout the OS. OMG the web browser is a delight to use now ! So fast ! So responsive and wow nokia - you finally added a "back" button on the full browsing view ! Before to go back to a previous page(when in full screen browsing) you had to press the arrows key then the back&options keys came up. Now it has the back button and the menu key(the key which opens up a sub window to allow you to choose various options, not the "options" key), both on the ful screen view ! Fantastic !

    ---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
    a sreenshot doesnt capture the purple tint because it was hardware and not software you had to use a camera to take a picture of the analouge screensaver . lock phone press menu button then the screen clock will be half purple if you have the problem . A screenshot wont capture it though you need a camera .

    I also saw the posts over at daily mobile but i am still finding it hard to believe and i still dont think the purple tint will be gone unless nokia have made the standard brightness even brighter to hide the problem
    Aite, I'll take a few pictures tomorrow and upload them here. They must've found another around it as the screen doesnt look brighter or anything. In fact in another post(N8 screen doesn't always turn black when locked) I found that the screen was kinda dark brown in sreensaver mode. But not anymore ! Its all black ! No dark blotches of black or anything - simply full screen black ! Except for the clock/date/notifs etc.
    Pressing Thanks doesnt really hurt... Does it? Click it and find out!

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doshunnN85 For This Useful Post:

    buxz777 (07-10-2011), curioso (07-11-2011), dynomot (07-10-2011)

  23. #18
    Nokia User doshunnN85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 99 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
    a sreenshot doesnt capture the purple tint because it was hardware and not software you had to use a camera to take a picture of the analouge screensaver . lock phone press menu button then the screen clock will be half purple if you have the problem . A screenshot wont capture it though you need a camera .

    I also saw the posts over at daily mobile but i am still finding it hard to believe and i still dont think the purple tint will be gone unless nokia have made the standard brightness even brighter to hide the problem
    Here is a link to my facebook album where I have uploaded the pictures, here : 10 July 2011 - Anna purple screen test pics | Facebook

    And I know facebook downscales pictures uploaded and wasnt sure what you needed exactly so heres a rapidshare link for the original files : https://rapidshare.com/files/3533986...creen_Test.rar

    ---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

    On some of the pictures the time in white came out kinda blurry so I lowered the exposure level all the way down and took others - the unblurry ones.
    Pressing Thanks doesnt really hurt... Does it? Click it and find out!

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doshunnN85 For This Useful Post:

    buxz777 (07-10-2011), Del1701 (07-10-2011)

  25. #19
    Nokia User speccy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 93 Times in 42 Posts
    This guy gives his impressions after installing the leaked firmware: First impressions of Symbian Anna on the Nokia N8 | ZOMGitsCj

  26. #20
    Nokia Guru dynomot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield U.K
    Posts
    2,626
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked 796 Times in 600 Posts
    Call me an old cynic, but I too can't see how they've solved a hardware issue with a firmware update.

    Call me a suspicious old cynic, but if the purple screen tint is solved then it must have been a dodgy driver for the screen and it would explain the delay with ANNA.

    Personally I don't have the issue with my N8, I did on my first one but I killed it by washing machine. I can't see two phones that have been flashed by identical V14 firmware being any different screen wise, but they were. This points to a hardware issue with some screens not a software one, we shall see.
    This forum taught me all I know - use search and let it teach you too !

  27. #21
    Nokia Genius
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    northampton
    Posts
    635
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 174 Times in 120 Posts
    can anyone who has flashed Anna (that sounds a bit rude.. ) tell me if the camera app is any different?

  28. #22
    Nokia Guru dynomot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield U.K
    Posts
    2,626
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked 796 Times in 600 Posts
    I'll try it this afternoon and report back, any questions I'll try and answer then. I'll take somme before and after pictures as well.
    This forum taught me all I know - use search and let it teach you too !

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to dynomot For This Useful Post:

    buxz777 (07-10-2011)

  30. #23
    Dedicated User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    england
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I suspect it is a driver issue with the screen

  31. #24
    Nokia Guru dynomot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield U.K
    Posts
    2,626
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked 796 Times in 600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krustylicious View Post
    I suspect it is a driver issue with the screen
    I hope your right, but it doesn't make sense. I had a SIM free N8 with the purple screen (very badly really) and flashed V14 (from 13) with Phoenix - no change with the purple screen. I flashed a new (Vodafone branded) N8 with the exact same firmware. Now I never checked the screen on my new phone before flashing and it doesn't suffer the purple screen after, so I presume it never did.

    So for it just to be a software issue ANNA needs the new drivers. What I can't understand if it is just a driver problem is that purple screens remained purple no matter what firmware was flashed before and other phones remained OK. It just doesn't make sense for it to be just a driver issue.
    This forum taught me all I know - use search and let it teach you too !

  32. #25
    Nokia User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
    Even though i've got rid of my N8, this has got me all excited and i'm happy for those who've done this, as it was what we've been waiting for, for ages. Bring on Belle.

  33. #26
    Nokia Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    london
    Posts
    6,411
    Thanks
    2,911
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Nokia service reports said it was a screen issue that wasnt callobrated right at factorys and instructed a screen swap with new screens . This didnt fix it either for me and i waited 4 weeks for the new screens to get to the service point etc and they emailed me when they had the new screens it was the customer escalations team manager too so pretty high up the chain and someone who was fully informed on the issue and knew what was ging on .

    93 actually saw the service bullitin on the issue and saw what it said 1st hand i believe .

    It could be fixed or hidden via certain software fixes within the driver etc by messing with colour settings like gamma/brightness of certain colours etc . i would love to see if it has 1st hand i have one here i could test and probs will do later today just so i can be sure myself :-)

    i,ll let you know later today as this one shows a half purple clock as soon as i lock the screen and press menu key etc i will be pretty shocked if it does fix it but it defo could be hidden if certain colour setings have been adjusted .

  34. #27
    Nokia Genius
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    northampton
    Posts
    635
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 174 Times in 120 Posts
    the problem 'hidden' is as good as fixed in my opinion!

  35. #28
    Nokia Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    london
    Posts
    6,411
    Thanks
    2,911
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    for sure marky and they could do lots to fix it for example turning the brightness/contrast of the blacks/greys up a bit the banding and purple tint would be hard for the naked eye to spot and it would also be hard to tell that their has been any brightness turnt up as it would only be the contrast for the darker side of the colourscale . ie a fix that fixes the issue and has no adverse side effect to the naked eye like a screen of full brightness that is easy to spot but also hides the issue :-)

    Like i say it could be done but like dyno i am very sketpical and wont believe it till i see it with my own eyes :-)

    Hope it has for those using n8s and buying n8s still as this problem should have been fixed ages ago by nokia instead of banning users for talking about it on their forums and trying to help them fix it etc

  36. #29
    Nokia User jerusm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    220
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 95 Times in 56 Posts
    DoshunnN85,
    You need to show a screen shot of the Analog clock screen saver to really see if the purple issue is gone...

  37. #30
    Dedicated User apurvgupta1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doshunnN85 View Post
    Here is a link to my facebook album where I have uploaded the pictures, here : 10 July 2011 - Anna purple screen test pics | Facebook

    And I know facebook downscales pictures uploaded and wasnt sure what you needed exactly so heres a rapidshare link for the original files : https://rapidshare.com/files/3533986...creen_Test.rar

    ---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

    On some of the pictures the time in white came out kinda blurry so I lowered the exposure level all the way down and took others - the unblurry ones.
    Thank you for uploading the pictures. But we all want to see the analogue clock screensaver, not the digital clock one which u have uploaded. Please upload pictures of analogue clock of n8.

  38. #31
    Nokia User jacobalex13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kolkata ( INDIA )
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    hey DOSHUN ...take screeshots of analog clock screen saver not ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have posted screen shots of diftal clock screen saver ...!!!!!!!!!!!!

  39. #32
    Nokia Guru dynomot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield U.K
    Posts
    2,626
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked 796 Times in 600 Posts
    Yes hidden is as good as fixed as long as it doesn't mess up other colours etc in the display. As I said earlier this could explain the delay with ANNA. For one they had to make sure screens unaffected by the purple tint weren't going to show another problem, and getting the drivers right and ANNA as polished as possible (not to mention compatible) must have been a task and a half.
    This forum taught me all I know - use search and let it teach you too !

  40. #33
    Nokia User doshunnN85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 99 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerusm View Post
    DoshunnN85,
    You need to show a screen shot of the Analog clock screen saver to really see if the purple issue is gone...
    Ok, and do you want it with or without flash ? Sunlight or no sunlight ?
    Pressing Thanks doesnt really hurt... Does it? Click it and find out!

  41. #34
    Nokia Guru dynomot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield U.K
    Posts
    2,626
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked 796 Times in 600 Posts
    OK done it

    I'll start a new thread.
    This forum taught me all I know - use search and let it teach you too !

  42. #35
    Dedicated User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    england
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    The coding for colour look up table could have been wrong and thus cause the purple issue ..

  43. #36
    Dedicated User apurvgupta1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doshunnN85 View Post
    Ok, and do you want it with or without flash ? Sunlight or no sunlight ?
    just a picture where it is clear enough to see the purple/non-purple analogue clock.

  44. #37
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Despite being a pre-release version, it's faster and less buggy for me.

    However the purple tint is still there. I viewed the TRON movie trailers in a dark room (so the backlight is at it's lowest) and I see a lot of purple tint in TRON's dark scenes.
    Last edited by wirelessF; 07-10-2011 at 05:57 PM.

  45. The Following User Says Thank You to wirelessF For This Useful Post:

    buxz777 (07-10-2011)

  46. #38
    Nokia User doshunnN85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 99 Times in 78 Posts
    Pressing Thanks doesnt really hurt... Does it? Click it and find out!

  47. #39
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    so the purple tint is fixed? or not shown only on the analogue clock?

  48. #40
    Nokia Guru dynomot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield U.K
    Posts
    2,626
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked 796 Times in 600 Posts
    I can't tell you one way or the other. My current N8 didn't have the purple tint to start with, and doesn't after flashing.
    This forum taught me all I know - use search and let it teach you too !

  49. #41
    Moderator 93tid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,450
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynomot View Post
    I hope your right, but it doesn't make sense. I had a SIM free N8 with the purple screen (very badly really) and flashed V14 (from 13) with Phoenix - no change with the purple screen. I flashed a new (Vodafone branded) N8 with the exact same firmware. Now I never checked the screen on my new phone before flashing and it doesn't suffer the purple screen after, so I presume it never did.

    So for it just to be a software issue ANNA needs the new drivers. What I can't understand if it is just a driver problem is that purple screens remained purple no matter what firmware was flashed before and other phones remained OK. It just doesn't make sense for it to be just a driver issue.
    The screen management is hard-programmed into a chip embedded in the screen itself. These drivers cannot be re-programmed nor can the chip be replaced on its own without destroying the screen in the process. Probably the issue can be masked to an extent by tweaking other settings, although I seriously doubt Nokia have done it - we've seen examples of screens with varying degrees of purple tint, so I don't see how could they could cater for all variations.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

    If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

    My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

  50. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

    dynomot (07-10-2011)

  51. #42
    Nokia Genius Del1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near Dartford in Kent, UK
    Posts
    574
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 173 Times in 124 Posts
    Just a word of warning guys, if you flash this and then hard reset or 3 finger salute you will not get ovi store back as it's not in the firmware, even if you reflash it's gone.
    I just found this out the painful way so now I'll have to wait for the official release to get ovi store back

  52. #43
    Nokia Guru dynomot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield U.K
    Posts
    2,626
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked 796 Times in 600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Del1701 View Post
    Just a word of warning guys, if you flash this and then hard reset or 3 finger salute you will not get ovi store back as it's not in the firmware, even if you reflash it's gone.
    I just found this out the painful way so now I'll have to wait for the official release to get ovi store back
    You need Ovi store installer and the QT files. You can install them from here :

    https://rapidshare.com/files/4539062..._Reinstall.zip
    This forum taught me all I know - use search and let it teach you too !

  53. The Following User Says Thank You to dynomot For This Useful Post:

    Del1701 (07-10-2011)

  54. #44
    Nokia Genius Del1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near Dartford in Kent, UK
    Posts
    574
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 173 Times in 124 Posts
    Ah cheers dyno, but I can't seem to download from rapidshare, it wants me to pay for an account ?

  55. #45
    Nokia Guru dynomot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield U.K
    Posts
    2,626
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked 796 Times in 600 Posts
    Send me an email addy via PM. I'll email them.
    This forum taught me all I know - use search and let it teach you too !

  56. The Following User Says Thank You to dynomot For This Useful Post:

    Del1701 (07-10-2011)

  57. #46
    Nokia Genius Del1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near Dartford in Kent, UK
    Posts
    574
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 173 Times in 124 Posts
    PM'd you bud, thanks

  58. #47
    Nokia User doshunnN85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 99 Times in 78 Posts
    I had the same problem, I hard resetted, format memories(phone and main memory) THEN flashed to Anna and that fixed it.. Maybe in the future we should follow a similar process ? It seems hard resetting removes OVI store and other apps preinstalled with the Anna that was flashed onto the phone.. The usual advice is to hard reset after flashing but it seems to have a better effect to do so before flashing I guess.
    Pressing Thanks doesnt really hurt... Does it? Click it and find out!

  59. #48
    Moz
    Moz is offline
    Nokia Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    6,765
    Thanks
    1,907
    Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Let's not forget this is an unofficial version of Anna!

  60. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moz For This Useful Post:

    Del1701 (07-11-2011), dynomot (07-11-2011)

  61. #49
    Nokia Guru dynomot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield U.K
    Posts
    2,626
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked 796 Times in 600 Posts
    Moz is quite right, although seemingly only a few days old it is not the official version. An OTA or Ovi suite update when the official version arrives will not give these problems. Added to the fact that a hard reset is not necessary. Where this idea has come from I can't imagine. A hard reset destroys the QT files and you'll need to reinstall them to get a multitude of applications to work.
    This forum taught me all I know - use search and let it teach you too !

  62. #50
    Nokia Genius Del1701's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near Dartford in Kent, UK
    Posts
    574
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 173 Times in 124 Posts
    Hi dyno, your quite right about the hard reset, it has always wiped out the qt files, but for me I started to encounter the same problems as when I updated to the official pr1.1. All my ovi stuff started to not work and then dissapear, ie, maps, ovi store, ect so after reflashing a couple of times and still no luck I did the 3 finger salute and still no luck.

    Still I have most stuff working again just not the ovi store, but when I have some more time I will 3 finger again and reinstall qt as per your link you kindly left, cheers bud

Similar Threads

  1. Finally: Symbian Anna aka PR2.0
    By barney stinson in forum Symbian^3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 05:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts