Should I change my camera? Or just clean it?
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Should I change my camera? Or just clean it?

Hi guys, recently I noticed something strange when taking pictures with my N82. There's an always present dark spot that appears at the same place in every picture. Has anyone ever seen that before? Cleaning the lens from the outside didn't help, could it be an internal piece of dust? Or is it a defect and the only way of fixing would be by changing the camera module? Thanks to whoever help me out with this. Here's a picture showing the problem to illustrate it, I circulated the dark spot:

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 Times in 3,294 Posts
    Post approved, sorry for the late response, please do not duplicate post. Thanks!

Have you closely inspected the lens for any dirt, or foreign bodies?

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Post approved, sorry for the late response, please do not duplicate post. Thanks!

Have you closely inspected the lens for any dirt, or foreign bodies?
    Thanks Micky. Sorry about that, I think I hit the refresh button when I was at the posting screen and maybe it got duplicated cause of this. Anyway, yes, I tried inspecting it closely but couldn't find any dirt or foreign bodies, as a matter of fact, I've used a moist Q-Tip to make sure it was 100% clean. So unless this is an intern particle or something, it might be a camera defect. I just wanted to rule out the possibility that it might be a camera defect, cause if it is, I don't want to open the phone without having the new camera module at hand to change it. Thanks!

Thanks
    The Nokia N82 is a nice featureful mobile.It camera result is so superb ,The camera is of 5 mega pixel which gives nice clear result.It is having GPS system.The answer of your question is that there is no need of changing camera ,just clearing it will give you again clear result .It will happen just because the layer of dust cover it and that why it will not give the clear resolution .So, just clearing it will solve your problem.