How to use BT Fon On N97
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Dedicated User
    Thanks

How to use BT Fon On N97

Ok sorry if im in the wrong section but just worked this out and had to share my findings,
    If your in the UK and have Joined upto BT broadband then you can use BT Fon on your N97 using HandyWi , Just install and do a search for wifi , once you found the BT Fon the connect and add an account to the HandyWi , you may need to connect to the BT Fon webpage to sign up but once your in thats it you can use the 1000 free wifi mins

Good luck

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tazman For This Useful Post:

markyboy (05-05-2011)

3. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Moz
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,432 Posts
    I've used BT FON on the N86 and didn't need any third party app. Once the Wifi point is found, instead of going to connect, go to start web browsing, and from there you enter your log in details. You can then leave this page open and click connect on WLAN.

Shame it's rubbish speeds.

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moz View Post
    I've used BT FON on the N86 and didn't need any third party app. Once the Wifi point is found, instead of going to connect, go to start web browsing, and from there you enter your log in details. You can then leave this page open and click connect on WLAN.

Shame it's rubbish speeds.
    I've used Bt Fon on two phones, Omnia HD and Nokia N8. But on both I've had varying results. Sometimes it works fine and redirects me to the login page, but other times it'll just come up with an 'invalid server name' error. I get both results with the same hotspot! Very strange!

Moz
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,432 Posts
    It has saved me a few times tho'. No internet at my property, i've been cut off by O2 for excessive use under my free data. So used a friends BT log in....it got me through. Ha.

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    thanks to tazman for recommending handywi, i just tried to connect manually and it wouldn't work, but with handywi it connects straight away and remembers your login details! Nice one!