Nokia RM-670 aka N7 aka 700 Zeta passes FCC approval
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 2,327 Posts

Nokia RM-670 aka N7 aka 700 Zeta passes FCC approval

Source: Engadget

Rumoured specs: Symbian Belle OS, a 1GHz processor, NFC and a 3.2-inch AMOLED touchscreen
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Moz
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,432 Posts
    5800XM buttons all over again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Don't get it, what's the difference in specs compared to the C7? Or is it that they are not going to bother updating the C7?

Seriously, another major Nokia fault, producing phones which have very little difference to each other.
    I do not give instructions on how to bypass satnav copy protection. So please do not ask via forum or PM.

Pay for you're software, this helps makers produce updates and support the product.

For a Garmin review, click HERE

Copilot review: HERE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bartmanekul For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (07-23-2011)

Thanks
    To be honest I think nokia should concentrate on their exsisting customers and phones rather than pumping out new stuff.

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    I am going to say what we have all been saying for the last few years . Nokia you have to many simmilar handsets on the market and you spread the features out across them too much . You make consumers choose between features when you should make one handset with all the features . You could then release cheaper variants of the flagship with missing features .

Its not rocket science really and it shouldnt take a forum like this to tell you this .

Does nokia even have a flagship at the minute? has it had one since the n97? Every other phone maker has a top of the range phone with as many features s possible and nokia have spread theirs across all their s3 handsets .

These s3 handsets that are upcoming and support belle will be ok mid range phones but thats about it .

Why nokia do you keep doing this :-(

8. The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post:

Del1701 (07-23-2011)

Thanks
    Disagree a bit Buxz. Nokia has usually done well, catering for many users. For example, I love a full featured phone, but hate big phones (say above 3.2"). Nokia have been the only ones ever to produce a well featured handset with a smaller screen size.

But the past few years it's been a joke. How many reincarnations of the 5800 did we see? And these new phones, the difference is minimal surely, to the C7. I actually think they shouldn't release another Symbian flagship handset, I think it's a waste of time. The N8 is all it can be, it can't really be beat on the current symbian platform assuming it gets the update.

Nokia needs to get back into what it did - good, solid reliable handsets, with a wide range. Currently, while they have a large amount of handsets, the range isn't that big.
    I do not give instructions on how to bypass satnav copy protection. So please do not ask via forum or PM.

Pay for you're software, this helps makers produce updates and support the product.

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    for me bart they have to much choice mate and phones that dont make sense in pricing .

What i think they need is one flagship phone a bee all and end all of high tech , everything packed into one shell that they can get in there and future proofed a bit too .They can them make off springs off this phone , one with a smaller screen and trimmed down in features to accamodate the smaller screen , one with a qwerty pad for office users , one that looks like the flagship but is cheap as chips and just has basic smartphone features .

They simply have too many phones and then release new improoved models to quick as they forget something in the previous model

Imagine what apple have done with one handset a year , how many do nokia have on the market? apple have just overtaken nokia for smartphones sold in this quarter. It shows that one good handset is better then 50 ok ones and that people want one good handset .

Then what you do is you make a few off springs off this great handset

Samsung have done it too , they have the sgs1 which was then replaced by the sgs2 but they also have a cheaper smaller version the galaxy ace for people that want the sgs1/2 but dont want the huge screen or massive cpu speed and mass memory etc etc

Htc have done it with the desire , they then had the legend and then the wildfire . All slighlty different all for slightly different segments of the market and at different price points . You wanted the best you bought the desire , you wanted something a bit smaller the legend was good and if you was on a budget but wanted something based on the flagship you had the wildfire .

Then each year they get proper upgrades to cpu/ram/screen/battery/camera/ and the upgrade feels like an upgrade not a sideways step like the n85 to n86 or n95 to n96 etc etc . It is something that is serving htc , apple , samsung , lg very well and has become quite a good formula for sucess :-)

Nokia could do so many things a lot better right now and by shrinking their phone portfolio and saving time on things like building firmware for 100 models and 1000 different product codes then it would give them more time to improove on other features .

They just simply have too many phones and not enough killer ones at the minute and i think these belle handsets will be just the same really.

Like you said yourself wha is the difference between the c7 and this n7 apart from a few tiny differences?? why not just concentrate on the c7 more?? Its not a great upgrade from the c7 really is it??

I understand your point about people wanting different things but you cant cater for everyone . What my suggestion does is cateer for many but not all . You would get your smaller sized phone it would just be based on the flagship bee all and end all with a few missing features or trimmed down features due to the size , the office users could get everything on the office version from the flagship and also add qwerty at the cost of extra bulk like the vivaz series did and the basic version could be a cheap as chips look alike of the flagship with more basic features to cover the lower end of the market . What we dont need is another 200 model variants of these 4 types of phone

High end top of the range
    smaller sized device a bit cheaper a bit trimmed down
    office version of the flagship , identical in features and build plus qwerty
    cheap as chips basic version based on the flagship model

Even if you had two versions of the above it would be 100x better then the amount of models nokia has at the minute and things would be a lot better .

It is like a restaurant offering 250+ dishes none of them cooked paticulary well or a restaurant serving 10 dishes all served to perfection people will prefer the place with 10 things made to perfection rather then the place with 250+ ok things
    Last edited by buxz777; 07-23-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks
    Oh I agree buxz, but to do just one handset would ignore one of Nokia's previous strengths, why they had such a strong market.

They can easily do various tiers of handsets for suiting all sorts. Trouble is, they are doing them far to similar.

Why not hit all markets? Why is there no toughphone with features? Motorlola have one. Why is there no smaller phones with an excellent camera?

People have specific needs, Nokia used to cater for them. Surely theres call for a reasonably cheap handset with an 8 or 12 MP camera?

What about a feature packed handset with keys? I'd wager theres a fair few people who would like keys but still the features of a highend handset.

I feel Apple is never a good model to look at. Because of it's following, it's going to sell. They have a pretty unique sector, and a rather...different following. I'm not detracting from Apple in any way, but comparision is difficult to other companies.

Thanks
    Same old story - Until you donīt get hitted against a wall you will never learn.

Whatīs up Nokia - Why waste money, when they should concentrate on better facts?
    If you appreciate help from a member, then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button!

CATERPILLAR - Making Sustainable Progress Possible.