Nemasis Service Suite - Latest Version (NSS)
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Talking Nemasis Service Suite - Latest Version (NSS)

NSS Latest Update V1.0.38.15

Download HERE.

Release Notes.

NSS.exe 1.0.38.15 - 23 June 2009

- Added support for latest Nokia BB5
    phones via USB (Virtual USB device)
    - Windows 7 support

- Fixed bug that prevented NSS to comunicate with the new Nokia
    Connectivity Cable driver(affected VUD device)
    - New future - ability to retrieve original product code and
    warranty data from our server. Should be helpful when restoring the
    phone in original condition before flashing in NSU
    Note: This feature is implemented in NSS, but not fully operational
    on our server yet. Hopefully it will take 1-2 weeks to be fully ready

- Added BB5 phone RX2 line support for faster flahing. In order to use it
    Federal One device should be updated to the latest build - 03.10.01.26.
    There is a check box 'Use Phone RX2 line' in flashing Options Tab for BB5
    - Added support for latest flash loaders pack - 7.16, please update your
    'Flash' directory
    - Fixed USB support for E61i and E65
    - Fixed bug on N73 and 6680 read ask file
    - Added new phone definitions in NSS.ini
    - Some small bug fixes on reading BB5 simlock status
    - Added protection for read ask files via USB on not supported models (N95)
    Last edited by Moz; 07-29-2009 at 01:30 PM.
    N95 owner since April '07
    Phone 'rig': Samsung Galaxy Note with Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC, HTC One X, Black N82 V20 firmware HACKED, Samsung HS3000 receiver, Nokia DT-22 tripod, Gorillapod, iGo Ultraslim Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard, Phonejoy, Datel Retro Wireless, Zeemote, Dell Bluetooth Mouse, MHL adapter, USB OTG cable, Zephyr HxM BT heart rate monitor!
    Audio rig:
    USB DACs - ASUS Xonar Essence One desktop DAC, FiiO E17 portable, FiiO E7, HeadAmp PICO USB DAC/Amp
    Headphones - Audeze LCD-2, Grado GS1000, Sennheiser HD25-I II, ACS T15, AKG Q701, Beyerdynamic T5p

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NZtechfreak For This Useful Post:

Barrie (09-12-2009), fldude99 (05-07-2008), Geoffers (05-07-2008), jkoppee (05-06-2008), MadKad (03-24-2009), Micky (05-07-2008), Sp00k (05-07-2008)

3. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    that's really good news
    I cannot confirm nor deny anything I say or type to be truthful in any way.
    If you appreciate the help, use the Thanks Button to show it! - sp00k

Thanks
    Indeed, while its not hard to work around the previous problem (I did it debranding my N95 8GB), its time consuming and difficult enough to put off the less technically minded.
    Phone 'rig': Samsung Galaxy Note with Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC, HTC One X, Black N82 V20 firmware HACKED, Samsung HS3000 receiver, Nokia DT-22 tripod, Gorillapod, iGo Ultraslim Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard, Phonejoy, Datel Retro Wireless, Zeemote, Dell Bluetooth Mouse, MHL adapter, USB OTG cable, Zephyr HxM BT heart rate monitor!
    Audio rig:
    USB DACs - ASUS Xonar Essence One desktop DAC, FiiO E17 portable, FiiO E7, HeadAmp PICO USB DAC/Amp
    Headphones - Audeze LCD-2, Grado GS1000, Sennheiser HD25-I II, ACS T15, AKG Q701, Beyerdynamic T5p

Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 Times in 3,294 Posts
    This is great. Someone else posted about it yesterday. Maybe worth making this a sticky for now?

http://www.n95users.com/forum/softwa...hlight=nemesis

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Micky For This Useful Post:

Sp00k (05-07-2008)

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Looks like their website is down, can anyone upload it ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M8tRiX View Post
    Looks like their website is down, can anyone upload it ?
    The site is good now.
    Last edited by jeckthehell; 05-07-2008 at 09:03 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jeckthehell For This Useful Post:

M8tRiX (05-07-2008)

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Cheers jeckthehell

Thanks
    just in case it goes down again, here's a link to the file, :

NSS103814.zip

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porselinaheart For This Useful Post:

firat_ozkok (09-14-2008), tasty_boy (05-08-2008)

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Good News!!!
    Thanks for keep it updated!

Thanks
    hi
    i download NSS but a problem. when i open NSS, NSS is blank and when i click the top right hand coner to search for divce it stays the same blank. it was the same with last version of NSS.
    Can anyone help me here please?????

thanks in advance

Thanks
    First, is it this new version of NSS? I'm not entirely clear.

Second, are you running Vista - if so you have problems (check the Symbian-freak mainpage for detailsa).
    Audio rig:

Thanks
    Hi
    yes it is the new NSS and i am running on vista.But with the old NSS it was the same
    i tried everything and its the same

Thanks
    can anyone help???????

maybe if i explain my problem more.
    Right when i open NSS and you get the screen its blank except for the top right hand coner,where you have 2 icons when i click on the glass to check for divce nothing happens it stays the same BLANK.
    I am doing it on my laptop which is vista.
    IF anyone can help and let me know why its doing this

thanks

Thanks
    Have you read the guide here: http://www.n95users.com/forum/genera...95-tips-2.html ?

How To: Upgrade Firmware and/or De-brand
    Upgrading Firmware When Not Allowed By NSU

Thanks
    still wont work. Tried everything

Thanks
    Please update your profile redfins. Thanks

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

Thanks
    why should i update my profile???

Thanks
    See my signature below. Adding your phone model, and firmware to your profile, helps us to help you.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Micky For This Useful Post:

Grayburn (05-13-2008)

Thanks
    ok thanks for the help

Thanks
    Speaking of NSS... may i just bore you with this for a minute or 5 please? Not quite sure where to respond to with this so if i've hit the wrong entance... don't shoot me!

It goes a little something like this.

Below is a message i sent to spOOk... kinda says it all really.

Originally Posted by sp00k
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dx69suckit
    Could i have a little bit of assistance please? I've followed that N95 debrand and update post you so kindly did to the full but no joy. Rang a Nokia Service Centre in Stoke-on-Trent about a screen fault i am having and 'casually' told him i was using a T-Mobile handset. He asked if it was conny or PAYT to which i said conny. 'Ahhhh' he said. 'Then i won't bother doing you a software update when you send it in'. 'Why?' i asked in a confuddled voice. 'Cus it'll remove the unlock and you'll be stuck with it'. I was in shock. Can someone tell me what the heck this bloke is on with?! Surely that can't be right!

Back to the main prob though. Any ideas how come this thing of mine won't debrand? Tried like 8 codes but nothing. Still got the T-NOBBY web and walk icons etc all over it and the start-up logo and tune to. I'm seriously at a loss. Please advise Spooky! PLEASE!!!

Many thanks, Steve

spOOk's reply...

Hi Steve...

1) Debranding, i.e. flashing your firmware to the generic version, has NO effect whatsoever on the lock/unlock state of the phone. If it's locked to T-Mobile, it'll stay locked, likewise if it's unlocked to use any SIM, it'll remain that way after a de-brand or firmware upgrade.

2) There has been news on the forum of a rumour that Nokia, under possible pressure from service providers, was intending to disable the debranding by upgrade to generic firmware facility.

3) I don't know for sure that they've done this but as they very recently announced a new Nokia Software Updater, it's starting to sound likely that they've now put this in place. If so, this would account for the difficulty that you're having.

I'm sorry that I can't be more help...

Sp00k...

After that, my reply was...

Thanks for getting back to me fella.

Not been much point in rushing to see if you'd dropped me a msg due to... the backlight going dead on my 95. Luckily for me though, it was under warranty so, Nokia sent me out a new one. Great i thought, i'll be able to just update as normal. WRONG. T-NOBile crap all over it as with the previous one and i'm now sat here at 2.11am trying many different codes in an attempt to get version 21.0.016 but to no avail. The software downloads fine but will it install? Will it hell. I'm totally stuck here dude. You're on "T" yes? How did you manage to get it to update cus mine won't for love nor money.

Read here http://thesymbianblog.com/2008/03/26...lable-via-nsu/ that... QUOTE - This firmware as always will still not be available for operator branded handsets and for some product codes; just wait and watch for now!

So... that swing and roundabout leads me to asking how can you debrand it if you can't update?!

Please advise mate cus... I'M STUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours frustratedly, Steve

And that... that just about sums it all up. Stuck on version 14, using euro 2 plum code, says i can get version 21 but it won't install after downloading the update. What the SMEG should i do?

Please help cus as you can guess by messaging people to gain advice, i'm mega wound up and aggitated by this!

Anyway, hope someone here or elsewhere seeing this can gimme a clue and possibly future update-wannabes to as someone else is BOUND to have this happen to them... can't be just me... can it?!?!!! :-S

Steve

Thanks
    I need help, I have used two computer to mod the product code on my locked canadian carrier phone. I have successfully changed my code to EURO2 (I think) and it still says when I use NSU that no updates avalible. Can someone help me look into this??

Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SKILOS View Post
    I need help, I have used two computer to mod the product code on my locked canadian carrier phone. I have successfully changed my code to EURO2 (I think) and it still says when I use NSU that no updates avalible. Can someone help me look into this??
    Please update your profile with your exact handset model and current firmware version, the information comes up in your screen when you enter *#0000#.

Based on numerous previous experiences on this very forum - which is why we always ask members to first search and then post, preferably not bringing a one-year old thread back from the dead - I would bet on the following being your case as well:

You have a NAM (North American Market) version of the N95, either a N95-3 (RM-160) or a N95-4 (RM-421).

Since there are no EURO product codes for the NAM versions, you have changed your original product code to either a N95-1 (RM-159) or N95-2 (RM-320) product code.

They are incompatible, i.e. you cannot install N95-1 firmware on a N95-3 handset or vice versa (same valid for N95-2 and N95-4).

Hence NSU telling you there is no update available for your phone - because the IMEI and product code do not match.

If you have a N95-3, resp. N95-4 handset, you must use a N95-3, resp. N95-4 product code.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

Grayburn (04-22-2009)

Thanks
    for the love of gosh i cant get the nss to recognise my n85
    error tried reinstalling, removing pc suite, the whole lot....
    any suggestions?
    RobertH
    Ovi: RobertH
    FaceBook: Robert Hall

Thanks
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 929 Posts
    You might try using JAF ... Maybe selecting DCT4 instead of BB5, as detailed in the instructions... No g'tees though, I don't know if will work for an N85.

Couldn't find the link I used to get it so I've uploaded it to Rapidshare... seems It's allowed only 10 downloads now...
    Some members, after receiving valuable help, aren't clicking on the 'THANKS' button, please remember to do so, it would be much appreciated!

This is a 'Family-Friendly' forum and we ask that you help to ensure that it remains so.
    Behave in a sociable manner and you will be welcome here, heated arguments are a
    Posts Concerning WAREZ Will Be Deleted & Penalties May Result If RULES Are Broken.