Anyone used mobilephonesdirect.co.uk ?
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 1,217 Posts

Anyone used mobilephonesdirect.co.uk ?

Welcome to Mobile Phones Direct - Vodafone & Nokia Mobile Phones

I am going to get my N85 from there, via a continuation of my current contract.

Just wondering if anyone has past expirence of them?
    I do not give instructions on how to bypass satnav copy protection. So please do not ask via forum or PM.

Pay for you're software, this helps makers produce updates and support the product.

For a Garmin review, click HERE

Copilot review: HERE

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks
    Not used them but they seem reputable. They're an official Nokia retailer, operating seven Nokia stores around the UK.

However, did find this Google cache about an experience from 2005:

Anyone know where to buy [Archive] - 3G forum : your 3G community and resource.

You may also want to read the last comment here:

http://thenokiablog.com/2008/10/12/n...now-available/

Thanks
    my bro did once... very prompt delivery but be cauious bart
    *#0000# ,To Find Out Your Firmware Version! *#06# ,To Find out Your IMEI Number..If Ive Been Useful Click "Thanks" Button!! - Samperry209!

Thanks
    Ehh, that doesnt look good. I'll phone them rather than doing an online order.

Good hunting Logan.
    I do not give instructions on how to bypass satnav copy protection. So please do not ask via forum or PM.

Pay for you're software, this helps makers produce updates and support the product.

Thanks
    dam...

Sold out today, but getting more in tomorrow. But thats not the problem....

Since my data was a special deal, i.e. they added it on because of a misunderstanding with the contract renewal, it ends in December with the end of my contract. So if I use the upgrade option, I cant carry my data plan with me. Which I want.

And they do some very good contract options too. But then I have to have a new number, because I cannot transfer a vodafone number, to another vodafone contract, since these deals are only available as a new connection.

And I really CBA to go around changing my phone no. for many, many things!

Arrgghhhh. Could have had the copper N85 for a good deal too!

Knackers.

200 mins, 1000 texts, and unlimited (500MB FUP) data with a free copper N85.

Bah

Any ideas anyone?

Banned
    Thanks
    Wait for Vodafone to get it in stock?

Thanks
    I keep hearing that they are not going to get it, and I'd be suprised if they did.

Vodafone very very rarely stock 2 handsets that are similar (a good example being the 6220C and 6210N).

So I dont have high hopes, but I'll wait anyway.

Thanks
    I think Vodafone will stock it, considering the hype based around it already

Banned
    Thanks
    Well who the hell WILL have it!? I mean O2 won't. Now were saying Vodafone won't!

Dedicated User
    Thanks
    I think some confusion has been aroused - I'm pretty sure Bartman means Vodafone probably won't be stocking the copper N85 as they "very rarely stock 2 handsets that are similar", but will be stocking the black ones apparently.

Thanks
    No, I did mean the N85 (the handset, not any specific colour).

Its by no means definate, as of course I do hope they stock it, especially since I can now upgrade, but I dont think they will.

They told me that they dont usually stock handsets that are similar, and if you look at their past ranges, they dont.

Also, Id expect it to be on their 'coming soon' page by now.

The N85 isnt actually that big outside forums etc. I havent seen any promo stuff for the N85 really, not compared to the N96.

I know we all think its very big (for good reason), but for non techies, its bit of an unknown.

I do hope Voda stock it, and IJM reckons they will, but I cant say Im hopeful.

Banned
    Thanks
    I'm not loyal to any network. I'll simply get the N85 from whoever stocks it.

Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4U will surely have the handset available on various networks no?

Thanks
    nokia n85 contract mobile phone from phones 4u

Trouble is, Im still stuck with the same vodafone problem. i.e. cant transfer my number to another vodafone account. Sigh. Not that Im loyal to them (not after the upgrade quotes they gave me!), but O2 signal sucks here, tmobile never ever offer any good deals anymore, and your never going to get a decent data deal on Orange. Not sure about 3, heard their handsets are locked and they charge a lot to unlock...

Thanks
    Well, I just bought one off ebay. Turns out the ones I was looking at were copper after all! Arrghh.

Lets see how well this pans out. BNIB UNLOCKED NOKIA N85 BLACK MOBILE PHONE on eBay, also, Mobile Phones, Mobile Home Phones (end time 23-Oct-08 13:25:12 BST)

Banned
    Thanks
    Mobile Fun have the phone in stock too for those interested:

Sim Free Mobile Phone - Nokia N85

Let us know how you get on Bart

Thanks
    I will, just really hoping it arrives by the weekend.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 3,258 Posts
    Whers it coming from B?
    If you appreciate ANY help or Uploaded files from a member,then show it by saying it and clicking on the 'Thanks' button

ANY Theme/Font Uploaded By Me In The THEMES or FONTS Section With a (NOW) Dead Link,Let Me Know In That Thread (not by e-mail OR private message please) And I'll Re-Upload It As I have ALL Themes/Fonts Uploaded By MYSELF!

Thanks
    That ebay link I gave, somewhere in London. But the auction says it might take up to 2 days to process (which I understand as going to the PO is a PITA).

Thanks
    How will it get sent, Recorded or Special Delivery?
    If you appreciate ANY help or Uploaded files from a member,then show it by saying it and clicking on the 'Thanks' button

ANY Theme/Font Uploaded By Me In The THEMES or FONTS Section With a (NOW) Dead Link,Let Me Know In That Thread (not by e-mail OR private message please) And I'll Re-Upload It As I have ALL Themes/Fonts Uploaded By MYSELF!

Thanks
    Royal Mail Next Day Delivery. Which is special I think.

I do feel quite safe, because he's sold a LOT of mobiles, high cost including one N85 with good feedback.

All by people with proper feedback themselves, and his auction was also worded the same as his other auctions (a good way to tell if an accounts been hacked).

I know its a bit odd going to such extremes, but buying mobiles on ebay is a very dodgy game.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanekul View Post

I do feel quite safe, because he's sold a LOT of mobiles, high cost including one N85 with good feedback.

All by people with proper feedback themselves, and his auction was also worded the same as his other auctions (a good way to tell if an accounts been hacked).

I know its a bit odd going to such extremes, but buying mobiles on ebay is a very dodgy game.
    You're quite safe on eBay if you're blessed with common sense. Sadly not a lot of people seem to have such skill any more!

Over the years I've had a handful of mobile phones off eBay. Never had a problem. Even arranged to meet seller half way down the motorway once. You're correct in doing everything you have done.

The horror stories you generally hear about are down to two stupid reasons:

1. They ordered from a seller in another country
    2. They ordered from a seller with low feedback

If you ask me, you do either of the above (especially when we're talking about 100's) then you're asking for trouble.

I feel 100% confident having looked at the auction, that your sale will be fine mate

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest37 For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (10-22-2008)

Thanks
    Me too, and although Im certain he's getting it from China, that doesnt bother me. While I could do the same, I cant avoid the import duty, which if I get hit, will make it more than 400.

If only I had known he was selling the copper version, could have had it days ago!

Thanks
    Yeah thats Special mate, Recordeds not next day.

You even get Special Delivery delivered on the weekend so my fingers are crossed mate.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Grayburn For This Useful Post:

Bartmanekul (10-22-2008)

Thanks
    Hell, hope not cos it going to my work address! Still, would get delivered Monday then as its a business.

Thanks
    Royal Mail don't deliver to Buisness addresses on the weekend.

Thanks
    'Zactly

In theory, it could arrive tomorrow. But perhaps thats wishful thinking.

Thanks
    seems genuine enough to me bart.... hope its the real mccoy my friend...
    *#0000# ,To Find Out Your Firmware Version! *#06# ,To Find out Your IMEI Number..If Ive Been Useful Click "Thanks" Button!! - Samperry209!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 2,337 Posts
    'Zactly

In theory, it could arrive tomorrow. But perhaps thats wishful thinking.
    I hope you get it quick. You could've saved a couple of quid by going here - BNIB UNLOCKED NOKIA N85 BLACK MOBILE PHONE on eBay, also, Mobile Phones, Mobile Home Phones (end time 26-Oct-08 11:49:56 GMT)

Just kidding, enjoy it, I'll stick with my N82 for now, hate sliders.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

Thanks
    Already tried that one, he only sells the black version 'because black is more popular at the moment'.

Have looked high and low

I used to hate sliders, but my 6110 and E66 have brilliant sliders. Dubious about the N series though.

Thanks
    Anyone know what the cut off for next day special delivery is?

I think you have to send it before 12 to have it next day delivered, but Im not sure.

Thanks
    I'm not sure PO wise but at work we send ours out at 18:30 and they get there next day, thats no help though is it, sorry.

Thanks
    Just been told its been sent, so Im wondering if it will be here tomorrow (for the weekend, that would be nice).

Depends on the PO, the one I sent something from the other day (at 5.30pm) said it wouldnt be there for 2 days, dispite being special delivery.

Thanks
    There are two versions of Special too....

The normal Blue sticker version is guaranteed next day by 01:00 (13:00)

The Red sticker version is guaranteed next day by 9:30 or 10:30, cant remeber which one now.

Thanks
    Yeah, been trawling the royal mail webby.

Not too bothered about what time it arrives, as long as its before the weekend. Im hoping it doesnt have a wobbly slider too.

Since it was free postage its safe to assume its the cheaper one.

I have got a tracking number, but with special delivery thats only to see when its been delivered (which is not really tracking imo, but meh).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 2,337 Posts
    Already tried that one, he only sells the black version 'because black is more popular at the moment'.
    Huh ? It's an auction from the same seller from which you already bought yours, just the BIN price is 2 quid less, don't know whether it's a typo or not.

Or maybe it's a discount for offering only the black one there ?
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

Thanks
    Hmm, your right, thats odd. I just assumed you posted a very similar one I had just looked at, the same price.

Looks like I could have saved 2 squid then!

Dont understand the difference really. Perhaps that is the black ones. Nevermind, Im not going to complain over that.

Thanks

Thanks
    still bloody expensive!....