Symbian Belle vs Windows Phone 7 (Video)
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Symbian Belle vs Windows Phone 7 (Video)

Ladies & Gentleman,

I just wanted to share this interesting vid of the Symbian Belle vs the Windows 7 OS - Seems nice - Nokia is improving

Source: HDblog - Italy

If you appreciate help from a member, then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button!

CATERPILLAR - Making Sustainable Progress Possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    I wish I had the foggiest what he was saying though

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    for me microsoft windows looks better hen nokias half attempt of copying android :-)

symbian doesnt have any dev support anymore , its got stale and nokia needed something fresh . iam a huge symbian lover too but it just isnt competitive anymore

Thanks
    Nokia is struggling for a while. I hope they overcome it soon
    If you appreciate help from a member, then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button!

CATERPILLAR - Making Sustainable Progress Possible.

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    It's over for Symbian.. There are still some around sticking to Symbian and awaiting the Belle upgrade.. Including some Nokia employees who are still amazed how everybody gave up on Symbian before giving Belle a go..

Problem is there are some major deal breakers about Symbian that nobody could neglect!
    - Resolution! Symbian's stuck with the nHD resolution! It's a 2009 feature for heaven's sake! It's a waste of those 3.5"+ AMOLEDs!!
    - Apps! Some major apps aren't coming. Period! Also, in general, the Nokia Store is much lacking in comparison to all other major app stores and the situation is only going to get worse!
    - Symbian handsets are stuck with last decade's hardware! To move Symbian from the A11 to the newer generation ARM architectures is costly to Nokia. Specially now as Symbian is no longer part of Nokia's future plans!!
    - After all the failure of Symbian^3, and the recent epic fail of Anna, Belle has to do wonders to win consumers back! Which we all know it won't! Yes, the whole UI, including the camera and the browser, going Qt should offer a UX on par with the newer platforms, but it won't be enough..

Having said all that, Nokia's lower ranges Symbian offering still top all others! In this case we're talking about their Android equivalents as Apple and WP are offering nothing at these ranges.. We're talking lower midrange and low ends..
    Driods with low resolutions as well and low specced hardware.. Against these, specially with Symbian Belle and and latest handsets from Nokia with their exclusive features and quality for such ranges, the likes of 600, 603, and 700 should be first choice within their categories..

Also, considering the international market, other than Western Europe, Northern America and the lands of Oz, these handsets as a package offer much more optimised and prioritized features and functionality to the masses than Droids do..

Still, things might change as of next year..

Nokia User
    Thanks
    I've been looking at both symbian belle and windows 7.5 UI. So far I'm being drawn into Symbian more than windows 7.5. The tiles look ugly and browsing through apps seems like you'd have to go through all your tiles or go down your list of apps. Granted that windows 7.5 phone would have better apps, better app store, and a better browser, I'm drawn in to the looks of symbian belle over windows. In my opinion Microsoft should have just bought symbian in the Nokia partnership, make major improvements, and make it a Windows-Symbian phone rather than announcing that the Symbian phones you'll buy from us will no longer be supported in the future.

Thanks
    Belle is horrible to use.. I hate it.. I would love to get ANNA back somehow..

Windows is not much better..

Nokia needs revamping desperately..
    *#0000# ,To Find Out Your Firmware Version! *#06# ,To Find out Your IMEI Number..If Ive Been Useful Click "Thanks" Button!! - Samperry209!