emulators on the n97
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts

emulators on the n97

just been using vbag v1.25 for s60 v3 works well on the n97

it should be installed to mass memory , it will create a folder in , e , data , others , vbag , roms , this is where you put your roms for the app to pick them up

you have to have the screen flipped up when starting the app , you then press and hold the menu button , options and cancel will pop up on the touch screen press cancel , then on the right hand side a vbag menu will pop up , use the dpad to navigate this menu pressing the enter key will make a selection in the menu and pressing backspace will take you back 1 menu

set up the buttons within the menu how you want them (qwerty keys work fine) also set the resoloution to full for full screen gaming

it works pretty well even had the n97 connected to my bluetooth stereo and the sound came through it lol old skoold nintendo sounds for the win :-)

loads of games avalible around the net

its a gba emulator for those that dont know so lots of nintendo classics about

Vampent :: vBag vBagX (GBA emu)

this is the website

if you think about it , roms can be found for free from many sites so youre only paying for the application which works out quite good value

playing the n97 with the screen up using the dpad and qwerty buttons works extremley well indeed

2. The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post:

keko (07-17-2009)

3. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    MEGA DRIVE / GENESIS EMULATOR FOR N97 CALLED PICODRIVE

This simply is the best genesis emulator available for nokia s60 phones it is freeware as well so thanks to the developer

also because the games are over so many years old they are avalible to public domain for testing

Runs games with full sound and at full speed (on the n95 8gb in particular, performance may vary on different models). It is fully configurable allowing selection of screen orientation ie: Portrait, Landscape left/right, stretched etc.

Frameskip, region, accurate timing/sprites, also fully configurable sound and controls.

PICODRIVE UNTESTED ON N97

Installation is simple, simply Install the picodrive_s60v3_135.sis onto your phone (mass memory recomended), create a Rom directory on your storage (mass memory) and then load the emu, select Load Rom and browse to your roms folder, load rom and play (configure emulator to your requirements by tapping the "C" button on your phone and selecting the desired option.

Roms included with Emulator:
    Sonic 1,2,3
    Crueball
    Psycho pinball

Download
    Code: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Last edited by buxz777; 07-17-2009 at 10:27 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post:

MohammadAG (07-18-2009)

Dedicated User
    Thanks
    thaaaaaanks

it is very nice to play nintendo games on n97

but tell me can you play nintendo ds games on it??

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    no ds emulator is avalible yet as far as i know mate

Thanks
    Will this work on the 5800?

Dont wanna install it mess things up and have to hard reset/format again

Thanks good find still!!

Thanks
    i use vbag on my phone. I like it. I just tried picodrive a few minutes ago but sonic was on autopilot or something he was just doing his own thing.

By the way these work on 3rd aswell, not just n97 specific. Why do people put 'universal' things in a section that people might not look in as it isnt actually 5th edition specific. Same with that vlc thread, was for all s60...

Thanks
    i found this link useful. it has a vid and links to get picodrive How to: Play Old School Games like Sonic on your S60 handset | SymbianWorld - your S60 and Symbian resource for News, Applications and more

i got sonic to work from the link they provided, however ive tried downloading NES roms and they dont seem to work with picodrive.

edit* i guess NES roms dont work because picodrive is just a genesis emulator....
    Last edited by pogiewun; 07-17-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mkr100001 View Post
    i use vbag on my phone. I like it. I just tried picodrive a few minutes ago but sonic was on autopilot or something he was just doing his own thing.

By the way these work on 3rd aswell, not just n97 specific. Why do people put 'universal' things in a section that people might not look in as it isnt actually 5th edition specific. Same with that vlc thread, was for all s60...

no one said it was 5th editon specific did they mate??

its posted here to let users know that this 3rd edition app works on 5th edition

emulators have allready been posted for 3rd edition many moons ago so why would i put them in there??

there has been no speak of emulators here for 5th edition so thought id let users know that they actually work on their handsets

id say the name of the app made it pretty obvious it worked on 3rd edition as well :-)

if you feel that stronly why not post this in the s60 v3 section???

my post was for s60 5th hence why it was posted in the s60 5th section , if id been talking about it being used on s60 v3 id ive put it in there mate :-) simple really :-)
    Last edited by buxz777; 07-18-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pogiewun View Post
    i found this link useful. it has a vid and links to get picodrive How to: Play Old School Games like Sonic on your S60 handset | SymbianWorld - your S60 and Symbian resource for News, Applications and more

i got sonic to work from the link they provided, however ive tried downloading NES roms and they dont seem to work with picodrive.

edit* i guess NES roms dont work because picodrive is just a genesis emulator....
    lol yes that would be right nes roms are for nintendo

you need sega mega drive / sega genisis games to work with picodrive mate

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by basicreece View Post
    Will this work on the 5800?

Dont wanna install it mess things up and have to hard reset/format again

Thanks good find still!!
    you will need to install magic key to play emulators on the 5800 , its not the best experience mate and can be pretty annoying

id probably give it a miss

the dpad and keyboard of the n97 and the screen angle make it feel like a little hand held console when playing the emulators it works really well

as the 5800 has no keyboard and no dpad its going to be very very tricky indeed and more hassle then its worth mate

Nokia User
    Thanks
    For those that haven't tried...ScummVM 0.13.1 works like a charm on the N97
    Currently have Day of the Tentacle,Sam n Max and Secret of Monkey Island ~ all responding well to the touch-screen interface - Simon the Sorceror 1+2,however,need the stylus...'sausage' fingers you see!

Thanks
    would love to know if vBag (and vSun) runs in full speed? even with sound?