April 5th'08~This information is now out-dated.
Please read the last post in this thread before proceeding.
- Updated - English version availible! -
GenialSIS v1.1 - Now in English!! (Also in Italian/Portuguese/Romanian/German/Chinese/Spanish/Turkish/French/Danish) This application makes SIS/SISX signing easier than it ever has been! Forget the Symbian Signed website, Dev cert request, SignSIS etc. - This application does it ALL in 3 easy steps
Before starting, you will need to create an account at Symbian Signed (If you do not already have one) - Once you are registered and have your own username (The email address you signed up with) and password, you can begin!
Five easy steps to creating your own account at Symbian Signed:
- Go to www.cbj.net to create your new Email address
- Use your current Email address to sign up for your free domain
- Once created, sign in and choose Mail Aliases from the drop down menu
- Create an alias and use that address when registering at Symbian Signed
- Go back to www.cbj.net to log in again, and your Symbian Signed activation code should be waiting for you in your inbox!
Download GenialSIS v1.1
Important: After opening the GenialSIS application (You will notice it is in Italian), go to the 'Info' tab and select 'english.lang' from the Lingua drop down box in the bottom left corner - This will change the language to English
The actual process of creating your certificate and signing your first SIS/SISX file is as easy as 1, 2, 3! (As numbered in the tabs of the application) :P
1. Enter your IMEI to create the *.csr and *.key files
2. Enter your Symbian Signed username and password to upload your *.csr file and download your certificate (Save the certificate to the GenialSIS folder)
3. Add the application/s you would like to sign/unsign (Can add or remove certificates on single or multiple files at a time), adjust the settings to your personal preference and continue!
P@sco has written an exellent guide for the whole process, should you get stuck (Though, this is only availible for viewing to current users registered at Samir's forum)
New contextual menu feature: - A new feature that is availible to use after you have created/imported your CER and KEY files (Adds a simple context menu item for super speedy signing)
Hooray! You've hopefully just signed your first application (And probably quicker that most people in the world) :P
Anyway, if you're feeling giddy after all that, then you can show your appreciation by donating to the creator
If you still find yourself stuck, I still very much recommend sp00k's guide to signing applications