Nokia Beta Labs have just released Ovi Suite 3.1 Beta, and whilst there is still no support for Mac OSX, and judging by the comments on Beta Labs, its something people have been waiting far too long for, with Nokia Software Updater just being released for the Mac, there is still hope that Nokia are indeed working hard behind the scenes to bring OSX support to their Ovi Suite.
What’s new in Nokia Ovi Suite 3.1
- Updating your phone software and mobile apps takes place more easily. Now, you can update both in one go.
- Downloading apps, games, and more from Ovi Store is now even simpler. When you choose to download something from Ovi Store through Nokia Ovi Suite, the direct link to the selected item is sent to your phone. You can then go on to download the item using your phone. There’s no need to open a web browser on your desktop anymore.
- Viewing the results of your latest sync is now possible in the·Sync log view. In this view, you can see all the details that were added, updated or deleted and where each of these changes took place.
- Syncing with Microsoft Outlook has been improved with critical fixes. We’ve put lots of effort into this and we’re looking forward to your feedback on the results.
- Creating the connection between your device and computer is now more reliable.
- Sending text messages to groups is now possible. You can create contact groups in the·Contacts view and easily send messages to all the members of a specific group in the·Messaging view.
- Playing high-definition videos captured with your phone takes place in a more optimised and smooth way.
- Keeping track of your map downloads is easy. Click·Downloads in the Maps view to view your download queue.
Head across to Nokia Beta Labs today to give this new version of ovi Suite a test drive.