WLAN network settings?
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thanks

WLAN network settings?

This is more of a network query really but I'm sure someone can help.

My work network lets me log on to the network via WLAN (i have the WEP)and used to then let me on to the Internet but recently just lets me on the network but then wont connect to the Internet or let me sync mails.

Now here's where you say "speak to your IT guys", BUT, I'm not really meant to be using the WLAN with my phone. Not for any good reason mind, just because our IT guy doesn't have a clue so if he doesn't understand he says it cant be done. Now I'm sure its easy to my issue with just some setting somewhere but if i ask the question he will just tel me not to use it rather than looking into the (simple) problem.o do any of you guys know what would cause this so i can go to him with the answer or even fix myself.

Cheers all

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Are you sure the encryption method / key has not been changed? Sounds likely to me ... or perhaps he has implemented MAC address filtering?

Then again, if he says you cannot get on the network from a phone using wifi he probably hasn't a clue as to MAC address filtering and other such security methods either!

Thanks
    its the correct WEP as my laptop is still using the same one. I've tried all four of out 'top secret' WEP keys and all connect but nothing happens.

Maybe he is MAC address filtering, if he is the only reason is keep control of his tiny world and enforce his pointless rules.

He told me that you cant get our work emails to download to a mobile with out expensive special servers! I just kept my mouth shut about all my work mail going to my phone through 'mail for exchange', a FREE official app that nice and easy to set up. Numpty

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    even with a WEP key the router you are trying to connect to may not be set to allow new devices on the network automatically...or to grant internet permission..

would be handy if you could get a look at any router settings, 'helping' the IT guy

Thanks
    Have you cosidered asking him if he wants to swap jobs? Sounds like you know more than him!

Presto - doing so would give you access to everything ... and perhaps world domination would ensue ;-)

Thanks
    ^ sounds like a plan

Thanks
    It does, but my job takes me all over the country getting paid to ride bikes and generaly doing my hobby for a living. Theses no way i'm going to swap that for a full time desk job, not even for 'office domination'!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by demowayne View Post
    It does, but my job takes me all over the country getting paid to ride bikes
    you sir, have a cool job

Thanks
    After reading that some people are having wifi issues post v30 upgrade I decided to re-install my firmware. Now i can use the work wifi!

I was in the camp for V30 but now i have my doubts, i do think v21 was more stable.

Gary-I do indeed ;-)