N95-2 FW v.20 Now available for most of the product codes
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Talking N95-2 FW v.20 Now available for most of the product codes

Yey, even here in the Philippines..I dont need NSS.
    Check yours here:Nokia UK - Check your software - Device software update
    Last edited by jeckthehell; 04-18-2008 at 01:17 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeckthehell For This Useful Post:

gordonshowers (04-18-2008), Micky (04-18-2008), rubbledouble (04-18-2008)

3. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Sorry...not interested in this "upgrade"

Thanks
    Why not? Just curious, i can certainly see people wanting to stay put on the V15, but would be interested to know whether its anything in particular?
    N95 owner since April '07
    Phone 'rig': Samsung Galaxy Note with Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC, HTC One X, Black N82 V20 firmware HACKED, Samsung HS3000 receiver, Nokia DT-22 tripod, Gorillapod, iGo Ultraslim Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard, Phonejoy, Datel Retro Wireless, Zeemote, Dell Bluetooth Mouse, MHL adapter, USB OTG cable, Zephyr HxM BT heart rate monitor!
    Audio rig:
    USB DACs - ASUS Xonar Essence One desktop DAC, FiiO E17 portable, FiiO E7, HeadAmp PICO USB DAC/Amp
    Headphones - Audeze LCD-2, Grado GS1000, Sennheiser HD25-I II, ACS T15, AKG Q701, Beyerdynamic T5p

6. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,294 Posts
    I cant get NSU to work at the moment, so will have to wait lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,104 Times in 814 Posts
    great. nothing on mine yet

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi-R View Post
    I cant get NSU to work at the moment, so will have to wait lol
    Finally got it working, and an upgrade is available, however, Im going to wait a little while due to how unstable NSU is. Trying to get to the bottom of why it keeps failing. I believe there is a conflict somewhere in the registry with the new NSU.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

Gaz
    Thanks
    To be honest i'm in no rush either .
    We were actually discussing at work how The N95-2 gets new firmware to add features where the N95-1 got updates because of all the glitches !
    It really shows that now they have the N95 sorted they can really concentrate on new features rather than trying to fix bits instead

Thanks
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!Its available for mine.Im gonna update.

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    still no udp though yet...

Thanks
    V20 rocks.ASR is better than rotateME

Thanks
    Well, Im just in the process of backing everything up, and taking the plunge to upgrade firmware now. Fingers crossed all goes well.!

Thanks
    Im still waiting for backup to complete, seems stuck at 6% at the moment. I will post screen shots so anyone planning on upgrading, will know what to expect.

Canceled that back up, and trying trying again now, not backing up the memory card.

EDIT.

Stuck at 52% now lol

Its at 54% now, just going very slow thats all.

At last. backup complete..

Last edited by Micky; 04-20-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks
    Ok, Im not happy with whats happening with NSU, so may delay updating. Im just getting this screen at the moment...

Thanks
    ok, anyone else that experiences the above, cancel search, then uplug mini usb from handset, and then close NSU.

Reopen NSU, replug handset in, and select PC Suite mode, then open NSU again.

Thanks
    You will love the new firmware.

Thanks
    GSi-R , wish u luck matey....
    mine is running smooth... although i still havent figure what is the new feature (except for the ASR thingy..)

Thanks
    Well, i abandoned upgrading with my Vista laptop, and now currently upgrading my N95-2 on our XP laptop. I did notice something different during the installation of NSU however. There was an additional Microsoft piece of software listed along side with NSU, Flash, and cable drivers. This extra piece of software was...

Microsoft Care XML Services (MSXML6) 6.10.1129.0

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks
    wow....sorry to hear that u have to go through all that..my update through vista was smooth..
    did u used x64 bit version??

once again, good luck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SilanTra View Post
    wow....sorry to hear that u have to go through all that..my update through vista was smooth..
    did u used x64 bit version??

once again, good luck
    32Bit fella. Im now running v20, which updated fine on the XP laptop. im now about to restore my back up so to enable Spiderman to work again. Here goes...

Thanks
    cool matey....cool

still cannot figured your problem.........

when i updated mine i didnt backup.. since i have all the 3rd party applications installer in my pc, so i just copy a few photos and synchronise the calender only...
    \then i formatted my mass memory and then proceed with the update. When completed i install all the applications, and then synchronise the calender... works ok so far.... although one of the java games didnt start...
    Last edited by SilanTra; 04-20-2008 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks
    Ok, backup restored, phone rebooted, just waiting to see if I have Spidy back!

Thanks
    if i do install v20 will i lose all the info on the mass memory? i have tomtom on and if i do a full backup will it effect the device id code, i have just changed this with tomtom and this is last the last change i can make. i will have to re purchase. will i be able to back up the whole disk and all the data with nokia backup?

cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boof View Post
    if i do install v20 will i lose all the info on the mass memory? i have tomtom on and if i do a full backup will it effect the device id code, i have just changed this with tomtom and this is last the last change i can make. i will have to re purchase. will i be able to back up the whole disk and all the data with nokia backup?

cheers
    Doh!

V20 is not available for me yet! but could someone still answer my question for me as i don't want to mess up, i upgraded to v15 and lost my spiderman movie never even got to watch it

Thanks
    Ok, have you looked in the folder i mentioned above to see if your back up is still there? It will be dated from the date you backed up my friend.

On your pc, follow this

C>Users>"YOUR NAME">AppData>Roaming>Nokia>ContentCopier.

Thanks
    is V20 available for 0559497 code?....its O2 contract

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ambercrombie View Post
    is V20 available for 0559497 code?....its O2 contract
    Sadly no, this is what am waiting for also

Thanks
    Update worked fine for me (XP, 32bit).

After the update it got stuck with "Test Mode" on screen but after taking out the battery everything worked fine.

Thanks
    Anyone know how long 02 will be? How long after the last update was released did it take 02 to pull their finger out?

Is it worth waiting, or do you think we're talking weeks?

Thanks
    According to 02:

1. they have no problem with me changing the product code to get the update, but doing so would definitely void my warranty...
    2. it's not up to them when the update is released for 0559497, it's up to nokia...

interesting...what to do...what. to. do.....

Thanks
    I have an unlocked O2 with product code 0559497 and have debranded using NSS and a Euro1 product code.

It did hang for 15 minutes and I had to try again but I am now running v20 software!

Strangely, now I can't use NSS now to check/change product codes?
    ...and after eleven days on the ark, Noah got bored and killed all the animals for a laugh...

Thanks
    I've been reading through the new firmware available for the n95-2 and I am seeing that people are having problems with back up. I did a backup but i want to make sure i wont lose any contacts in the process of updating. Also, what will happen to all of my pictures and music on the mass memory? Is there anything special i have to do? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Personally, my mass memory was not touched, so this should be the case for you also, however, i would back everything up just to be safe. When backing up, dont tick the memory card option, leave it unticked. Your contacts should in theory restore when you restore your back up, but in some cases, people have lost them, so again, it maybe wise to sync them to your computer first just in case.