**** Debranding explained.****
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Results 1 to 44 of 44
  1. #1
    N95 Security Micky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    14,657
    Thanks
    4,280
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,294 Posts

    Exclamation **** Debranding explained.****

    Following many pm's, debranding still seems to baffle many members, so I have adapted this quick guide using bits, and pieces from elsewhere on the net to try and break it down what exactly is debranding.

    What Is Debranding ? (Debranding & Unlocking are completely different procedures)

    De-branding basically means removing the firmware set by the operator, and replacing it with the manufacturers original firmware. Hence converting your phone to the full spec as it was intended by the manufacturer. (the way it should be)

    Why Debrand Your N95?

    Once your mobile has been de-branded, you will notice all the menu systems are clearer, un-restricted, and often faster too. The process will also install the latest firmware to date, which will hold improvements on your old firmware. This often removes any software faults & bugs that your phone previously had. Also some network firmware's prevent you uploading ringtones & pictures via cable, or manually setting your internet homepage, debranding enables you to do this. For example the Orange and other networks prevent voip calls on the N95, installing the generic firmware activates this facility.

    How Does It Work ?

    The product code is used by Nokia when you use their Nokia Firmware update service to determine which firmware and language packs should be loaded into your phone. By changing the product code of your N95 via NSS (Nemesis Service Suite) to that of the same model, but to one belonging to a non network branded version, NSU (Nokia Software Updater) will load the firmware for that phone instead, when you update your N95handset.

    You may also change the languages in your phone in the same way, by changing the product code of your N95 to that of one supplied in a different country or region, NSU will then load the firmware and languages from that region onto your phone. Re-installing your current firmware also completes the same, for example, your running V30, and you want to change the language on your N95, all you do, is change the product code via NSS, then reinstall your current firmware using NSU.

    Useful links.

    Can I update? (Online product code check to see if new firmware is available).


    Downloading Nokia Software Updater (NSU)



    Nemesis Service Suite (NSS)


    N95-1 & N95-2 Product codes, and NSS Guide


    N95 TIPS

    Updating your firmware made easier


    Unlocking an handset is a completely different process to debranding, and is often confused with debranding, with many people thinking that, because they have debranded, thus removing all operator branding, the phone becomes unlocked, this is not the case..

    A SIM lock, simlock, network lock or subsidy lock — not to be confused with PIN or PUK code — is a capability built-in to GSM phones by mobile phone manufacturers. Network providers use this capability to restrict the use of these phones to specific countries and network providers. Currently, phones can be locked to accept only SIM cards from one or more of the following:

    * Countries (the phone will work in one country, but not another)
    * Network/Service providers (e.g. AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Vodafone, etc.)
    * SIM types (i.e. only specific SIM cards can be used with the phone).

    In most countries, most mobile phones are shipped with country and/or network provider locks. In addition, these locked phones tend to have firmware installed on them which is specific to the network provider. For example, if you have a Vodafone or Telstra branded phone in Australia, it displays the relevant logo and may only support features provided by that network (e.g. Vodafone Live!). This firmware is installed by the service provider and is separate from the locking mechanism.

    You can unlock most mobile phones to work with any GSM, such as O2 or Orange (in the UK) but the phone may still display the original branding and may not support features of your new carrier. Most phones can be unbranded as mentioned above by uploading a different firmware version, a procedure recommended for advanced users only, so please do your homework before carrying out this following the guides within these forums.



    Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
    Last edited by 93tid; 04-30-2012 at 04:30 PM.

    To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!



  2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Micky For This Useful Post:

    93tid (10-01-2008), ajemrunner (08-06-2009), Ankawa (08-29-2010), birkett (04-21-2009), cambo (10-16-2008), CloudCatcher (08-21-2010), colzie64 (11-25-2008), Darth_Cow (05-30-2009), david c (10-16-2008), Dhawal (01-07-2010), digim (11-11-2010), dk206 (12-28-2010), dynomot (05-02-2010), edzjus89 (09-11-2011), elboyero (08-22-2010), Fortune7 (01-06-2009), hello30 (03-12-2009), illhuskerini (11-12-2009), jkoppee (10-01-2008), LouPapy (06-17-2009), mamasita (05-24-2010), Moz (04-14-2010), prodigy21 (05-16-2009), rteruyas (03-20-2009), rumy (09-01-2011), SOEL (02-19-2011), Sp00k (02-16-2009), srki88 (01-22-2010), SVK (09-22-2010), tibi84 (07-18-2011), TPR1966 (10-27-2008), Wattsi (10-02-2008)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements
     

  4. #2
    Nokia Guru jkoppee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Jersey, US
    Posts
    3,033
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked 738 Times in 454 Posts
    can I add a suggestion to put in the last link in my sig since doing this means updating your FW and there are some useful tips in there?
    I cannot confirm nor deny anything I say or type to be truthful in any way.
    If you appreciate the help, use the Thanks Button to show it! - sp00k

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to jkoppee For This Useful Post:

    Micky (10-01-2008)

  6. #3
    N95 Security Micky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    14,657
    Thanks
    4,280
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,294 Posts

    To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!



  7. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements
     

  8. #4
    Nokia Guru jkoppee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Jersey, US
    Posts
    3,033
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked 738 Times in 454 Posts
    thanks Micky, a little self promotion never hurt especially in the name of helping others...
    I cannot confirm nor deny anything I say or type to be truthful in any way.
    If you appreciate the help, use the Thanks Button to show it! - sp00k

  9. #5
    Moz
    Moz is offline
    Nokia Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    6,772
    Thanks
    1,908
    Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Nice guide Micky. That'll be a great help to the n00bs.

    Maybe also a small paragraph on how it's different to unlocking, as I got confused a while back with the difference when I first got me N95.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Moz For This Useful Post:

    Micky (10-01-2008)

  11. #6
    N95 Security Micky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    14,657
    Thanks
    4,280
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,294 Posts
    Good call Ian, added a bit of additional info from Wikipedia regarding sim locks.



    Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

    To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!



  12. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    england
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello

    Ive just read tips and tricks on debranding my N95 on Orange and still puzzled (yes im not a great tecchy!)

    Could some one post me very simple guide to debranding my phone and what i need to do it, or point me in direction of simple to follow link that is all ready out here, ive done some searches but am really stuggling and getting angry with myself.
    Thank you in advance of any help

  13. #8
    Nokia Genius david c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lincolnshire England
    Posts
    713
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 153 Times in 91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swilt View Post
    Hello

    Ive just read tips and tricks on debranding my N95 on Orange and still puzzled (yes im not a great tecchy!)

    Could some one post me very simple guide to debranding my phone and what i need to do it, or point me in direction of simple to follow link that is all ready out here, ive done some searches but am really stuggling and getting angry with myself.
    Thank you in advance of any help
    Hi.Go into N95 Tips page 2 of Spooks instructions and you will be fine.I have followed these instructions three times now and have succeeded each time.Don't get angry because sometimes it is the process that is not working correctly.

  14. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    long island
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 62 Times in 43 Posts
    could this be stickied somewhere like the general forum or the software hacks forum?

    It is very useful information and should not be getting buried in the lounge.

  15. #10
    N95 Security Micky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    14,657
    Thanks
    4,280
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,294 Posts

    To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!



  16. #11
    Nokia User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    India,New Delhi
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 14 Times in 6 Posts
    Just one question...can i Re-install V20 on my N95-2 as i'm running V20 & all the hacks (like that signed apps) doesn't work on V30....is there any way...?
    thanx in advance..

  17. #12
    Moderator 93tid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,484
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    As I already mentioned in the other thread you have started, I don't think you will find a product code which will allow you to debrand and maintain V.20.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

    If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

    My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

  18. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    philadelphia, pa
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i'm trying to debranding my N95-3.
    which product code i should use to make my phone much faster and better firmware?

  19. #14
    Moderator 93tid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,484
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonpark View Post
    i'm trying to debranding my N95-3.
    which product code i should use to make my phone much faster and better firmware?
    All N95-3 product codes are three stickies down from this one - after you scroll through the N95-1 codes.

    http://www.n95users.com/forum/genera...criptions.html

    I would suggest trying any US code which doesn't show a network abbreviation in its description, for example

    N95-3 RM-160 CTR NAM / US Nokia Brown 0534861
    N95-3 RM-160 CTR NAM / US Nokia Black 0552415
    N95-3 RM-160 CTR NAM / US Nokia Red 0560035

    look like good options to me.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

    If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

    My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

  20. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So am i to gather then that this debranding is nothing more than updating the firmware on your phone via the nokia supplied software updater application?

  21. #16
    N95 Security Micky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    14,657
    Thanks
    4,280
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,294 Posts
    In a sense yes, debranding is only required if you don't mind losing your warranty, but want the latest available firmware for your handset, if your Operator branded firmware is not the latest available to non branded handsets.



    Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

    To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!



  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Micky For This Useful Post:

    spleep (01-26-2009)

  23. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi, another newbie here, I have followed the instuctions with nemisis but my phone which was on orange still has orange links on it, such as orangeworld, orange games, even tho i am using TMobile, is this normal ?. I have updated from V11-0-026 to V13-0-003.
    What am i doing wrong
    On the Drive info on Nemisis, one message says Products Dir ( not found )
    Help !!

  24. #18
    Moderator 93tid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,484
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulant View Post
    hi, another newbie here, I have followed the instuctions with nemisis but my phone which was on orange still has orange links on it, such as orangeworld, orange games, even tho i am using TMobile, is this normal ?. I have updated from V11-0-026 to V13-0-003.
    What am i doing wrong
    On the Drive info on Nemisis, one message says Products Dir ( not found )
    Help !!
    V.13.0.003 is Orange-branded firmware, you simply have not debranded because you did not change your product code.

    No idea what exactly you are doing wrong with Nemesis, the walk-through guide in the Tips is pretty straightforward, there's nothing less and nothing more to it.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

    If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

    My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

  25. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello all,

    Thanks to all of you for your detailed postings on how to debrand the phone. I pretty much now know the steps by heart, so I only have one concern/issue. What I'd like to know (specifically from the Rogers users in Canada), what is the best product code that works well with our N95-4 and not mess with the 3G? Could I use the EURO1 product code, specific for the N95-4, and my 3G will work fine? I had my phone debranded over the weekend, and i didn't have a chance to record the original product code. Would anyone know what that is for Rogers N95-4? And here are the details of the phone after the debranding:

    V20.2.005
    30-04-08
    RM-421
    Nokia N95 (A6.02)

    Would someone recommend something better, because I used to be able to use and remove certain apps with the original Rogers branding, but now i have more difficulty doing it (I had Windows Live Messenger that worked great, and now I can only install it but can't get it to run).

    Anyone's assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm only concerned with losing my 3G feature, as I have the 6GB data package on my line. Let me know.

  26. #20
    N95 Security Micky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    14,657
    Thanks
    4,280
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,294 Posts
    Do not attempt to use a Euro code specifically for an N95-2 with your N95-4. The results will not be pleasant.



    Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

    To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!



  27. #21
    Moderator 93tid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,484
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arabdream24 View Post
    what is the best product code that works well with our N95-4 and not mess with the 3G? Could I use the EURO1 product code, specific for the N95-4, and my 3G will work fine? I had my phone debranded over the weekend, and i didn't have a chance to record the original product code. Would anyone know what that is for Rogers N95-4?
    None of the N95-4 product codes will mess with the 3G.

    There is no EURO1 product code for N95-4. Heed Micky's advice and do not mix up N95-2 and N95-4 product codes.

    The original product code is on the sticker under the battery.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

    If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

    My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

    tommym (09-06-2010)

  29. #22
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arabdream24 View Post
    Hello all,

    Thanks to all of you for your detailed postings on how to debrand the phone. I pretty much now know the steps by heart, so I only have one concern/issue. What I'd like to know (specifically from the Rogers users in Canada), what is the best product code that works well with our N95-4 and not mess with the 3G? Could I use the EURO1 product code, specific for the N95-4, and my 3G will work fine? I had my phone debranded over the weekend, and i didn't have a chance to record the original product code. Would anyone know what that is for Rogers N95-4? And here are the details of the phone after the debranding:

    V20.2.005
    30-04-08
    RM-421
    Nokia N95 (A6.02)

    Would someone recommend something better, because I used to be able to use and remove certain apps with the original Rogers branding, but now i have more difficulty doing it (I had Windows Live Messenger that worked great, and now I can only install it but can't get it to run).

    Anyone's assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm only concerned with losing my 3G feature, as I have the 6GB data package on my line. Let me know.
    I used this one for my Rogers phone 0561948 - There is a lot of info in the N95-8gb Firmware upgrade help forum

    If you're hoping for the ASR feature you will be disappointed as they did not seem to give this feature to the NAM models, not sure why. Hope this helps

  30. #23
    Nokia User doshunnN85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 99 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Following many pm's, debranding still seems to baffle many members, so I have adapted this quick guide using bits, and pieces from elsewhere on the net to try and break it down what exactly is debranding.

    What Is Debranding ? (Debranding & Unlocking are completely different procedures)

    De-branding basically means removing the firmware set by the operator, and replacing it with the manufacturers original firmware. Hence converting your phone to the full spec as it was intended by the manufacturer. (the way it should be)

    Why Debrand Your N95?

    Once your mobile has been de-branded, you will notice all the menu systems are clearer, un-restricted, and often faster too. The process will also install the latest firmware to date, which will hold improvements on your old firmware. This often removes any software faults & bugs that your phone previously had. Also some network firmware's prevent you uploading ringtones & pictures via cable, or manually setting your internet homepage, debranding enables you to do this. For example the Orange and other networks prevent voip calls on the N95, installing the generic firmware activates this facility.

    How Does It Work ?

    The product code is used by Nokia when you use their Nokia Firmware update service to determine which firmware and language packs should be loaded into your phone. By changing the product code of your N95 via NSS (Nemesis Service Suite) to that of the same model, but to one belonging to a non network branded version, NSU (Nokia Software Updater) will load the firmware for that phone instead, when you update your N95handset.

    You may also change the languages in your phone in the same way, by changing the product code of your N95 to that of one supplied in a different country or region, NSU will then load the firmware and languages from that region onto your phone. Re-installing your current firmware also completes the same, for example, your running V30, and you want to change the language on your N95, all you do, is change the product code via NSS, then reinstall your current firmware using NSU.

    Useful links.

    Can I update? (Online product code check to see if new firmware is available).


    Downloading Nokia Software Updater (NSU)



    Nemesis Service Suite (NSS)


    N95-1 & N95-2 Product codes, and NSS Guide


    N95 TIPS

    N95 FAQ -=- A MUST READ For New Users

    Updating your firmware made easier


    Unlocking an handset is a completely different process to debranding, and is often confused with debranding, with many people thinking that, because they have debranded, thus removing all operator branding, the phone becomes unlocked, this is not the case..

    A SIM lock, simlock, network lock or subsidy lock — not to be confused with PIN or PUK code — is a capability built-in to GSM phones by mobile phone manufacturers. Network providers use this capability to restrict the use of these phones to specific countries and network providers. Currently, phones can be locked to accept only SIM cards from one or more of the following:

    * Countries (the phone will work in one country, but not another)
    * Network/Service providers (e.g. AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Vodafone, etc.)
    * SIM types (i.e. only specific SIM cards can be used with the phone).

    In most countries, most mobile phones are shipped with country and/or network provider locks. In addition, these locked phones tend to have firmware installed on them which is specific to the network provider. For example, if you have a Vodafone or Telstra branded phone in Australia, it displays the relevant logo and may only support features provided by that network (e.g. Vodafone Live!). This firmware is installed by the service provider and is separate from the locking mechanism.

    You can unlock most mobile phones to work with any GSM, such as O2 or Orange (in the UK) but the phone may still display the original branding and may not support features of your new carrier. Most phones can be unbranded as mentioned above by uploading a different firmware version, a procedure recommended for advanced users only, so please do your homework before carrying out this following the guides within these forums.
    Hi can the NSS be used to flash a phone to clear the security code ? If for example I've forgotten it ? The phone's a Nokia 6300.
    Pressing Thanks doesnt really hurt... Does it? Click it and find out!

  31. #24
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    carlow
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i just downloaded nss but it cant find my device (n95) which usb connection thingy should i have selected upon instalation? i take it this is needed to de-brand my phone. sorry if these are stupid questions im a complete technodudd

  32. #25
    Moderator 93tid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,484
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coleio View Post
    i just downloaded nss but it cant find my device (n95) which usb connection thingy should i have selected upon instalation? i take it this is needed to de-brand my phone. sorry if these are stupid questions im a complete technodudd
    One of the links in Micky's guide is a step-by-step instruction on how to proceed.

    Please show him the respect and courtesy he deserves for going to all this trouble and by actually reading what he has posted AND linked to before asking a question which has already been asked and answered easily hundreds of times previously in the forum and is one of the main reasons for the existence of this sticky.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

    If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

    My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

  33. #26
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    carlow
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 93tid View Post
    One of the links in Micky's guide is a step-by-step instruction on how to proceed.

    Please show him the respect and courtesy he deserves for going to all this trouble and by actually reading what he has posted AND linked to before asking a question which has already been asked and answered easily hundreds of times previously in the forum and is one of the main reasons for the existence of this sticky.
    get off your high horse man ive read his post including the step by step guide to installation, i found the problem, when i install nss it brings me to a link saying i need to install the drivers for it (and a helpful how to guide) but the popup window for the installation wizard doesn't appear, theres alot of stuff in this forum and i have tried finding the answers using search etc... but most this techno mumbo jumbo is way over my head. when i signed up to this site it said if i cant find anything by browsing the forums or using the searchbar to simply ask, and that the members on here are friendly and have vast knowlege about n95's. ill show respect where its due and he did a great job its an excelent guide but your gonna have to realise that not everybody is a whiz at this kinda stuff.

  34. #27
    Moderator 93tid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,484
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coleio View Post
    get off your high horse man ive read his post including the step by step guide to installation, i found the problem, when i install nss it brings me to a link saying i need to install the drivers for it (and a helpful how to guide) but the popup window for the installation wizard doesn't appear,
    Getting the type of response from the forum that you seem to take for granted is a two-way street - there are a few simple things you have to do - like for example enter the proper firmware details in your profile - "whatever the latest is" does not demonstrate a good attitude and copying a few digits off the screen of your handset does not require any techno-wizardry at all. This is for your own good, believe it or not - it will help others help you without wasting time on establishing basics.

    One other thing you can do is describe your problem in the way you managed to after I came down on you - in sufficient detail so that whoever can help is able to understand it, and equally important - whoever searches the forum for the solution of this problem can find it, understand it and proceed with the solution. "Which USB connection thingy should I choose" is not useful for anyone.

    Welcome to the forum and I'm sure it'll grow on you.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

    If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

    My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

  35. #28
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    carlow
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 93tid View Post
    Getting the type of response from the forum that you seem to take for granted is a two-way street - there are a few simple things you have to do - like for example enter the proper firmware details in your profile - "whatever the latest is" does not demonstrate a good attitude and copying a few digits off the screen of your handset does not require any techno-wizardry at all. This is for your own good, believe it or not - it will help others help you without wasting time on establishing basics.

    One other thing you can do is describe your problem in the way you managed to after I came down on you - in sufficient detail so that whoever can help is able to understand it, and equally important - whoever searches the forum for the solution of this problem can find it, understand it and proceed with the solution. "Which USB connection thingy should I choose" is not useful for anyone.

    Welcome to the forum and I'm sure it'll grow on you.
    Well everybody seems to know alot about firmware etc... on this forum so i presume they would know what the latest one is, i only updated it a week ago. and i need to do more than just copy a few digits off the screen to install the drivers.

    and i didnt know the problem until after i posted, thats pretty obvious like??? theres only one screen upon installation that asks for a usb selection so "which usb thingy should i choose" makes for perfectly acceptable answer. pleas stop being so negative, and admin feel free to delete my posts to clean up the thread.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to coleio For This Useful Post:

    PDOsouth (02-05-2010)

  37. #29
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    carlow
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcose111 View Post
    You have to tell us what kind of phone you have its basicaly removing all traces of a carrier such as tmobile or at&t. it usualy requires flashing your phone with an oem firmware but like i said the process depends on the phone and cant be done to all phones.
    Dear Marcose,
    if your talking to me please read carefully you ****ing tool!!

    best regards,
    Cole

  38. #30
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kuching
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    by download the files that you mention does it can solve my 5800xm problem.

  39. #31
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    brighton
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The explanation is regarding N95, will it work also on N97 mini??
    Thanks

  40. #32
    Moderator 93tid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,484
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasita View Post
    The explanation is regarding N95, will it work also on N97 mini??
    Thanks
    The explanation is valid for all Symbian-based phones, incl. the N97 mini, otherwise I would not have suggested it to you.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

    If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

    My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

    mamasita (05-24-2010)

  42. #33
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    brighton
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh, thank you then.

  43. #34
    Newbie Scricy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ROMANIA, Brasov
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robin08 View Post
    by download the files that you mention does it can solve my 5800xm problem.
    this is the N95 section...

  44. #35
    Moderator 93tid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,484
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scricy View Post
    this is the N95 section...
    Please do not respond to posts from over two months ago, it's completely pointless and only spams the thread. This is not your first one either, please keep your input focused on current discussions.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

    If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

    My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

  45. #36
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    kent
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    debranding N95 8GB problem

    Hi I have allready posted under the N95 section but as this is specifically about my problem I hope I am not causing problems for myself or anyone else by copying it here please feel free to admonish me if I am misbehaving. After this it is a copy from earlier posts

    Hi everyone I am new to the forum and like most people I am here because I have a problem with my
    N95 8GB I have had the phone for about 2 years and am very impressed with it. I assume it was at one time a contract upgrade from vodafone because when switching on an off it produces a vodafone logo and I am using it with an on Orange PAYG sim card I am told it wastes a lot of space and stops a lot of the nokia features as well, anyway I have downloaded the Nemesis program and the Nokia suite but when I go into the Nemesis program it seems to be unable to read anything on my phone in the bottom left corner it says error so I tried wiping and reloading Nemesis and got the same problem so I am assuming the problem must be in my phone any help greatly appreciated I am no whizz kid with this kind of thing so please explain anything in simple layman's terms many thanks Chris.


    Hi again everyone I have had no replies so I thought I better explain myself a bit better, it seems that Nemesis is unable to read my phone, it does not matter what I try and do in there it shows error in the bottom left, it does put some information in the left hand panel when first connected the last line in that panel says not found, there is nothing in the product code and I cant put it in manually because after the first scan it shows nothing and in the first scan I think the info it gives me is just a standard sheet reading apart from the last line saying not found someone help please thanks Chris

  46. #37
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hadn't seen your post before I debranded successfully from T-mobile (Nokia 5800 Xpress Music)
    I now have a problem
    I cannot get the phone unlocked, which I assume is a result of the debranding (the phoneshop which last tried said it was something to do with the 'version').
    Can I REbrand, and would this then allow cable unlocking .. or are there any other reasons/thoughts on the unlock problem/causes?

  47. #38
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    kent
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really cant help you mine was an upgrade to a customer who was happy with the phone he had so he took it to a shop who unlocked it for a tenner but did not debrand and I have given up trying because I am very happy with the phone I was just trying to improve on what is good anyway and people kept telling me that the vodafone program uses a lot of space and in fact the program for a no contract phone from nokia is a better program Chris

  48. #39
    SVK
    SVK is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi, Thanks for the steps at 1st page. I would like to try these with my N95.
    I have a doubt about changing product code for my Nokia N95 RM-159 (product code - 0547699). Actually for my product code I can see that latest version available is V31.0.017, however latest release for many N95 is V35. So can I change product code to some other product code to upgrade by N95 to V35.
    I would prefer to change product code to APAC2 phone 0548299 which can be upgraded to V35.0.002 and could also support Indian languages, as current my phone only has European languages.
    I had purchased my mobile from Nokia website 2 years ago.
    Thanks in advance

  49. #40
    N95 Security Micky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    14,657
    Thanks
    4,280
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,294 Posts
    You would be best checking to see if V35 is available for the product code you wish to change it to first my friend. You can check here...

    Nokia Europe - Device software update - Support



    Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

    To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!



  50. #41
    SVK
    SVK is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    You would be best checking to see if V35 is available for the product code you wish to change it to first my friend. You can check here...

    Nokia Europe - Device software update - Support
    Thanks Micky for your reply.
    I checked that V35 is available for product code which I wish to put. And V35 is not available for my product code.
    I wanted to know that can I use APAC2 code (0548299) on my N95 (0547699) which I bought from Nokia UK website.

  51. #42
    SVK
    SVK is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    HELP!

    I did debranding on my Nokia N95, and installed V35.0.2
    Everything seems fine, except my phone crashes & restarts once everyday. Earlier I thought it happened while browsing internet, but recently I have noticed that it will restart even when it is idle. I guess its some memory overflow issue which is causing phone to restart daily. Please help me with the solution.

  52. #43
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    kent
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats sounds to me like you possibly have a bad battery connection I did get mine done in the end I gave the phone shop a tenner to do it for me best of luck Chris

  53. #44
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello, I did debranding on my Nokia N95-1 RM-159, and installed V25.0.002, and then I send the phone to sim unlock, after sim unlock (the man say the unlock is made by FBUS) the USB port don't work anymore if I connect the USB cable to the N95 and the PC nothing happens normally the N95 ask if you want PC Suite, Multimedia, Imaging Printing, Data Storage, I try to connect to my printer and nothing happens, I have been on the store that unlock my phone and after some words the man say to me the cause is because i use the X-Sim IV before I unlock my N95, but I have use the X-Sim IV by 3 years and nothing happens and my N95 work very good, then I try Nokia Care, and there the people of Nokia Care say the N95 is sim unlocked by USB port and never by FBUS, and after see the N95 the Nokia Care say, that my N95 can be repaired because is damaged irreversible the N95 board is damaged, but everything work on my N95 except the USB port can anybody say if is repaired by any software or other thing to put my N95 work again

Similar Threads

  1. Debranding help
    By airhead in forum Software Mods
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 06:05 PM
  2. Debranding
    By Andy_S in forum General 95
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 06:15 PM
  3. n95 8 gig debranding
    By MOLLIEwinnie in forum General 95
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 07:35 AM
  4. Debranding my N95-1
    By dtm in forum General 95
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 09:17 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 07:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •