OVI store problems on N95-3?
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Question OVI store problems on N95-3?

Hi, I tried to look this up but didn't have any luck with the search. When I select the OVI store application, I receive a message telling me that my phone is not supported. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Dedicated User
    Thanks

same problem

I have a N95-3 NAM and I have the same problem using the web site. If you download and install the OVI store app then you will get apps for your phone. See this :

How to Run the Ovi Store App on the N95-3 NAM (and Why You Might Not Want To) | Wap Review

Also as a FYI, there was a firmware update just issued for the N95. Install OVI on your PC and backup phone 1st before you update firmware. Then use OVI to check for updates.

PS...I just noticed that after my firmware update I have a "store" icon on Menu which is the same as the OVI store app and lists all of the software for my device.
    Last edited by rggavn95; 01-14-2010 at 09:59 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks. Been some time since I was on the site. Having some other issues as well. I had an N95-1 model and could assign various ring tones to contacts but with the NAM, I don't seem to have that feature. Is that the same with you?

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Dedicated User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by illhuskerini View Post
    Thanks. Been some time since I was on the site. Having some other issues as well. I had an N95-1 model and could assign various ring tones to contacts but with the NAM, I don't seem to have that feature. Is that the same with you?
    I'm not into ringtones. I did have an oldie as my ringtone but when I was at the gym working out listening to tunes I couldn't tell if I was getting a call or listening to a song so I just reverted back to a embedded ring.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by illhuskerini View Post
    your phone is probably branded with one of the major service suppliers, they put their own ring tones and prevent you from being able to load you own mp3's on the phone, you need to debrand and hack it to be able to do that, usually a $20-$40 job by a phone store tech.and it is different from unlocking your sim.

Dedicated User
    Thanks

not branded - it is unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by mhaidar313 View Post
    your phone is probably branded with one of the major service suppliers, they put their own ring tones and prevent you from being able to load you own mp3's on the phone, you need to debrand and hack it to be able to do that, usually a $20-$40 job by a phone store tech.and it is different from unlocking your sim.
    I have AT&T and my phone is unlocked. The N95 NAM is not one of the phones they provide with their service. They are all iPhone(not for me).