Need a new battery, new N95 or just charge the battery???
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Need a new battery, new N95 or just charge the battery???

Newbie here..

In the middle of upgrading to the lastest firmware, (it asked me to connect the charger to the phone, I guess the battery was not fully charged) my N95 power went off.

This message came up:
    1. removed battery and charger from the phone.
    2. insert battery and charger to phone
    3. press the power for a few second then press 'RETRY" again.

When I pressed the power, there was no POWER.

I did the above steps 3 times and the same message came up.

Then I decided to cancel the upgrade and I pressed cancel. After I disconnected from the PC via USB port and re-connected the charger to the phone, still no power. Did I do something wrong or my battery was low only? Do I need a new battery or just need to recharge the battery, or do I need a new N95?

Thanks for any advices.
    Ker

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    When the N95 power turned off, was it actually flashing the firmware? Or was it just about to update the firmware?

If the phone lost power during the flash, its very likely that the phone is useless. You would need to take it to a Nokia Service center to reflash the chip or replace the PCB.

Try a hard reset, perhaps the phone is attempting to bootup but its detecting an error. Plug in the battery and Charger, then hold the 'Green Answer' + '3' + '*' keys while you hold the power button. Hopefully it will recover itself.

Now if the battery is totally flat, it may take a minute to start charging. If that doesnt work, then the battery may be faulty. Which would explain why the phone wont turn on - it cannot power on without the battery.
    Last edited by Anarchi; 09-12-2007 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 916N95 View Post
    Newbie here..

In the middle of upgrading to the lastest firmware, (it asked me to connect the charger to the phone, I guess the battery was not fully charged) my N95 power went off.

This message came up:

Then I decided to cancel the upgrade and I pressed cancel. After I disconnected from the PC via USB port and re-connected the charger to the phone, still no power. Did I do something wrong or my battery was low only? Do I need a new battery or just need to recharge the battery, or do I need a new N95?

Thanks for any advices.
    Ker
    Never attempt an update without a full battery and the charger plugged in.
    Don't rely on the battery indicator and don't allow the battery to discharge if you can help it.
    The battery needs to be charged at every opportunity for a number of reasons to avoid a number of problems.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Newbie here..

This message came up:

Thanks for any advices.
    Ker
    Some of the older Nokia chargers can't charge the newer phones from empty. Are you using the charger that came with the N95? Is there any charge indicator at all?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchi View Post
    When the N95 power turned off, was it actually flashing the firmware? Or was it just about to update the firmware?

If the phone lost power during the flash, its very likely that the phone is useless. You would need to take it to a Nokia Service center to reflash the chip or replace the PCB.

I was in step 2 of the up grading process when the power went off.

Try a hard reset, perhaps the phone is attempting to bootup but its detecting an error. Plug in the battery and Charger, then hold the 'Green Answer' + '3' + '*' keys while you hold the power button. Hopefully it will recover itself.

I will give this a try and hopefully it works.

Now if the battery is totally flat, it may take a minute to start charging. If that doesnt work, then the battery may be faulty. Which would explain why the phone wont turn on - it cannot power on without the battery.
    I was in step 2 of the up grading process when the power went off.

I tried holding down the green answer + 3 + * while holding the power button but no luck either.

Yes I was using the charger that came with the N95. Still no power after 10 hours of charging the battery.

Thanks for all the tips so far.

Thanks
    When turn on freeze on Nokia screen and no power. Thanks.

Thanks
    When turn on freeze on Nokia screen and no power. Thanks.

Seeing the Nokia screen should be a good thing.

Connect to the PC, and you should see the phone as BB5 AD loader. Re run NSU, and you should be able to complete the upgrade.

If not return to the store, dont mention upgrading, the handset just stopped working

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Seeing the Nokia screen should be a good thing.

Connect to the PC, and you should see the phone as BB5 AD loader. Re run NSU, and you should be able to complete the upgrade.

If not return to the store, dont mention upgrading, the handset just stopped working
    I have tried to reconnect to the PC but the PC does not recognized. No connection between the phone and the PC.

I might have to send it to Nokia Authorized Repair Center in Huntsville, AL. Nothing in the west coast.