Product codes for N95-3?
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Product codes for N95-3?

I was wondering if anyone had knowledge of the product codes for the N95-3, I was looking to get the Romanian language firmware on mine. The product code on my N95-3 is 0552415 for English, Portugues, French, and Spanish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks

N95-3 product codes

I am keen on seeing a full list of N95-3 product codes as well,...

I found a few on this link:
    Nokia N95-3 (Next G ) General Discussion - Mobile Phones - Whirlpool Broadband Forums

I am keen to get a product code for an unbranded AP or unbranded Austrlian handset.

Thanks
    In that site you mention dj4hill, Lloydo's North American code is not what I have. Mine is 0552415.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doktorzee View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had knowledge of the product codes for the N95-3, I was looking to get the Romanian language firmware on mine. The product code on my N95-3 is 0552415 for English, Portugues, French, and Spanish.
    I don't think there will be firmware available through Nokia Software Updater until a new version is released.

As it's a US only model, will they do a Firmware Variant with Romanian on it?

Thanks
    Zero percent chance of that, but the Nokia updater tells me a new firmware is available (I am using 10 now). But is the N95-3 using different firmware than the N95? All thats different is the bigger battery and WCDMA frequencies.

dtm
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    N95-3 is only for the US so i doubt you will get a Romanian language for it and yes the N95-3 will be using different firmware than the N95-1 or 2

Thanks

product code

doktorzee - can you please give me some more info on your firmware, is it free from branding?

Cheers
    Last edited by dj4hill; 11-23-2007 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks
    Yup, no branding, I bought it unlocked from Amazon.com. Right now it is at v10.something, 10.2.006 I think. Its RM-160. I have not attempted a firmware update and I have not changed the product code.
    Professional Genius • Geniu profesionist
    V 20.2.011 RM-160

Thanks
    Thanks doktorzee,

I used nemesis to change my product code to match yours - no problems there.

However, i still got the message "NO FIRMWARE UPDATES AVALIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE" when running nokia software updater.

Therefore it seems the answer is, 'sideway' firmware flashes are not possible, it seems we will have to wait until new versions of firmware are out. Once this happens it will provide more flexibility. I assume from this that all N95-3's are running various versions of 10.2.006 (some branded, some not).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doktorzee View Post
    All thats different is the bigger battery and WCDMA frequencies.
    Different RAM, no card reader

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    The US N95 (N95-3 RM 160) does have a Micro SD card slot.

Nokia don't usually put the original versions of firmware on NSU, so you can't debrad (and change the Operator Variant) until new f/w is released.

Firmware is different for ech RM number, so the original, 8GB, US and Chinese N95s all have different firmwares.

dtm
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    You forgot the camera shutter/protection :P hehe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dj4hill View Post
    Thanks doktorzee,

I used nemesis to change my product code to match yours - no problems there.

However, i still got the message "NO FIRMWARE UPDATES AVALIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE" when running nokia software updater.

Therefore it seems the answer is, 'sideway' firmware flashes are not possible, it seems we will have to wait until new versions of firmware are out. Once this happens it will provide more flexibility. I assume from this that all N95-3's are running various versions of 10.2.006 (some branded, some not).
    What product code did you have? And for some reason the NSU sees that I have a phone connected but won't identify it, so I'm stuck at 10.2.006.
    Professional Genius • Geniu profesionist
    V 20.2.011 RM-160

Thanks
    This is the same issue I'm having with the N95-3. Can't update firmware or find N95-3 product codes

Thanks
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,294 Posts
    I found this on AAS from doktorzee
    I think that a new firmware has to be available when you change the product code. So leave your phone as is with version 10 or 11, find and change your product code, then update to get version 12 with your desired language. This is just a guess.

Another thing I thought of, for my situation at least, is that since the phone wasn't previously released in North America, maybe the codes are interchangeable between N95 and N95-3. I was thinking that the other codes all were 053xxxx and that 0552415 seemed to not fit. What if it was just due to Nokia going in numerical order? 053xxxx for Europe, 054xxxx for branded phones like for Orange, and 055xxxx for the Americas? I think the prime differences between the N95 and N95-3 are strictly hardware, like the frequency of the WCDMA, which I would think would have nothing to do with firmware. I'll let someone test this theory before I try it myself or maybe someone wants to shoot it down thats fine too.
    Dont know if its any help..

N95-3 language problem - All About Symbian Forums

Also this thread on there regarding the N95-3

Upgrading Firmware on RM-160 - All About Symbian Forums

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Micky For This Useful Post:

Urshtnme (05-10-2008)