GPS Trouble? New To The N95?
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thanks

GPS Trouble? New To The N95?

When i first got this phone, i had endless problems getting my GPS Working well.
    so i thought i'de make a post, helping people who have troubles with the GPS.

Firstly, download Nokia Map Loader from.
    Nokia Europe - Nokia Maps - Download

(this will save valuble data, especially if your not using an unlimited data package)
    when thats installed, link up your phone to it, and choose the maps you want to download.

now for the part where people fall down with.
    getting a signal. sometimes this takes patience, if your planning a journey, i recomend, putting your phone on your window ledge, opened up, with maps loaded.

if you want a more visual view of how your status is coming...
    go on

Options > View > Satelite Info

if you have no satelite data available, tilt your phone at a 45degree angle.
    you should now get a bar.
    your bars eventually will get 4 or 5 bars. when some of these turn black. your GPS has locked a location.

then press back, and you will have a GPS fix.

have fun, hope this helps some people!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to big_fella_andy For This Useful Post:

Grayburn (11-22-2007), hkusp (11-24-2007)

3. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 6,944 Times in 3,258 Posts
    Thanks but i'm sure this has been posted before but i'm sure it'll help some newer members who don't want to search about.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    If you appreciate ANY help or Uploaded files from a member,then show it by saying it and clicking on the 'Thanks' button

ANY Theme/Font Uploaded By Me In The THEMES or FONTS Section With a (NOW) Dead Link,Let Me Know In That Thread (not by e-mail OR private message please) And I'll Re-Upload It As I have ALL Themes/Fonts Uploaded By MYSELF!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,104 Times in 814 Posts
    i don't use my gps on my phone so i don't know much about it. when i click the link it gives you maps for your mobile device and maps for your pc (map loader). i have the map loader and i know how to put maps... what i want to know is what are those maps for the mobile device? what does it installs?

6. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dayene View Post
    i don't use my gps on my phone so i don't know much about it. when i click the link it gives you maps for your mobile device and maps for your pc (map loader). i have the map loader and i know how to put maps... what i want to know is what are those maps for the mobile device? what does it installs?
    Maps for the mobile device is an update to the Maps application on the phone.

BEWARE because it's difficult to uninstall updated versions of the Maps application on the phone and all the downloadable versions remove the free tracking that the original version that comes with the N95-1 has. With all the downloaded versions you only get tracking when you pay for the voice navigation.

Thanks

GPS not connecting

I notice that you mention that any map downloads will remove free tracking. I can not seem to connect via my GPS and veiw nearby services and finding location any more, Is that was happen to my n95 8gb? I attempted to download maps but i didnt completed it. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redeyegirl View Post
    I notice that you mention that any map downloads will remove free tracking. I can not seem to connect via my GPS and veiw nearby services and finding location any more, Is that was happen to my n95 8gb? I attempted to download maps but i didnt completed it. Thanks.
    After resurrecting this thread from the crypt, can you please update your profile with your handset model (N95-2) and firmware version, which you will get by entering *#0000# and also share with us which version of the application Nokia Maps you currently have on your phone - launch Maps and go Options > About.

Downloading map data via the Maploader (as opposed to installing newer version of Nokia Maps application) has no reflection whatsoever on free tracking and nothing to do with you not getting a lock.
    Last edited by 93tid; 01-28-2009 at 01:51 PM.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

redeyegirl (01-29-2009)

Thanks
    Thanks for reply, The application version on my phone was install today is v2.0. When I first purchase the phone I was able to press the right button'GPS data' I use to have the option of searching current position, get route from point A to B in writing instruction form(no voice).But now it only take me to navigation, position and trip distance, there is no tracking ability.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redeyegirl View Post
    Thanks for reply, The application version on my phone was install today is v2.0. When I first purchase the phone I was able to press the right button'GPS data' I use to have the option of searching current position, get route from point A to B in writing instruction form(no voice).But now it only take me to navigation, position and trip distance, there is no tracking ability.
    Then your assumption is absolutely correct, Nokia Maps v2.0 no longer supports this function as a free service.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.