Very Short Battery Life, Battery dying in 9 hours or so with no usage
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thanks

Angry Very Short Battery Life, Battery dying in 9 hours or so with no usage

I have my Nokia N95 phone for 5 days now. I leave it to charge all night every day, disconnect from charger at about 8:00am and about 5:00pm all bars are gone and I am hearing low battery warnings. I am in USA with Cingular service. Today I did not even use the phone at all i.e. no calls, no music playing nothing, WiFi is off, Bluetooth is off, and GPS is not used. I only synced it briefly with my PC (using USB) and transfered a Video file I had created yesterday. That is it. I did update to v11.xx firmware. Any one else experiencing similar situation? Any Fix?

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    don't worry battery life gets better as you go on.

Thanks
    Are you in a bad 3G or GSM area, or does your building reduce signal strength (concrete or metal buildings do this)

Also do you have any data arrows or E showing on screen? Set web connection to always ask - a pain but stops phones auto connecting to data.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    I have not used 3G data service, GSM signal varies between 4 & 5 bars. I have purchased a APC external battery for now, because I can't afford to have a dead phone on me.

Thanks
    I have had my phone now for 3 days and im having the same trouble!!! I spoke to someone from vodophone in the UK and the guy i spoke to said the best advice he could give me was to get rid of the phone!!! not good news really hay

Thanks
    I'm getting 3+ days, with Bluetooth on 24/7.

It takes several charge cycles but the battery WILL improve.

Turn off wi-fi scanning as this kills batteries. Set data to always ask, and if in a low 3G signal area change from dual to GSM mode - low signals cause any phone to use more battery trying to latch onto the network.

Thanks
    Hmm
    ya i have that problem too verry fustraiting when u wanna use ur phone and u see it;s dead... and you have no where to plug and charge it :/

i was thinking of buying like a thing to connect to the plug that 3 n95 batarys sits on it..
    everytime ur batary ends u take another 1 from this thing and put the ended batary there for charge....any machine like that out there? :O

Thanks
    Not for N95.

Nokia dont like making desk stands for N-series

Thanks
    Current Status:

I was getting horrible standby battery life with everything turned off i.e. Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, Camera ,only on GSM Standby and no apps running, I had phone shut down after only 8 or 9 hours. which is totally unacceptable that was about 4pm after overnight charge phone was removed at 8am. In addition I also had the problem with Screen Making rather loud hissing like noise when held against my ear like on a phone call.

I am in USA, fortunately the phone had USA warranty I called Nokia and they asked that I send it in for repair. I had to send the phone to one location for repair and battery to another location for exchange (Pay additional $30 for Postage and Insurance). It has been a week and I am waiting for it to return. Any ways I have had Nokia for 5 years now, 6620, then 6600 and now this N95. I have never had any problem with the older models as a matter of fact they have taken quite a bit of abuse from my kids like dropping it etc. I am hoping that there was something wrong with the phone or more likely the battery for it to have standby battery life of only 8 hours. My older 6600 still has about at least 3 days of standby battery life and at least 2 days with Bluetooth on with a year old battery. I was thinking about giving it to my brother, but I think I will keep it as a backup.

On the positive note the phone replaces my Bluetooth GPS receiver, Ipaq Pocket PC (For Wifi and email Navigation), Camera (I frequently need to take pictures for work) my older Nokia 6600. So it is a convenient package but I do need my phone to work at least 12 hours with out needing a charge and with some mild usage to get through a work day and not worrying about my phone charge level.

I will give another update once I get the phone back.
    Last edited by Adeel; 07-11-2007 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roso View Post
    Hmm
    ya i have that problem too verry fustraiting when u wanna use ur phone and u see it;s dead... and you have no where to plug and charge it :/

i was thinking of buying like a thing to connect to the plug that 3 n95 batarys sits on it..
    everytime ur batary ends u take another 1 from this thing and put the ended batary there for charge....any machine like that out there? :O
    There is third party stand like this available on Ebay, I looked into it but I am not on my desk all the time so it was not very useful to me. I Have ordered a separate Rechargeable battery pack from APC UPB10. Once I get my phone back I will post a short review of it.

Thanks
    :: Proporta Mobile Survival Kit ::

Awesome bit of kit - and people just think it's an iPod! LOL

Not ideal for everyone, obviously, but it's handy if you travel, and use the phone lots on busses to play music and play K-Rally. I keep mine in the laptop bag.

Thanks
    I wonder if you could have this problem?

http://www.n95users.com/forum/its-br...l-battery.html