Couple of questions...
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Couple of questions...

So, I've got my Pureview and I'm setting it up, personalising it and getting used to using it.

I've a couple questions and they may seem daft, but I'll ask them anyway.

Once you've pressed the button to start the camera up and taken a few pictures or video.... how do you exit the camera?- I can't find an exit button on the screen. Apart from pressing the menu button then killing the camera app- is this the way I should be doing this?

My old N8 allowed me to merely exit the camera app with ease.

I've had a look in the Nokia store and can't find the familiar 'Panorama' App I used to used formy old N86 and N8. - It doesn't seem to be available?! - Can anyone confirm if its available for the Pureview?

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    i just press the red button to close it mate , it should work fine :-) although i havent checked if its running in the background still after

4. The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post:

NAVVARR (08-22-2012)

Thanks
    Cheers- managed to work that out- I never read the manual.

Still not found a Panorama App in the store yet.

I've been told there is one in Pureviewclub - I'll take a look later and try it out.

How you enjoying your new Pureview Buxz?

6. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    yeah really enjoying it mate , goingg to write up some thoughts in a few days just had loads going on mate , it looks like a keeper at the minute for sure though which is good news , i have a slight purple tint when screen changes from dull to bright for a milli second but nokia say they know what it is and can fix it via software its really not that noticeable like the n8 constant tint i had which ruined everything for me even thouh i loved the phone , on the 808 it literally only happends when the screen backlight dims a bit , if i then touch the screen , it brightens up , the transistion of brightness causes a slight slight tint to the greys , like i say its hardly noticeable but ive tested two 808s and both done it but i didnt notice it on the 1st one till i noticed it on the other i went bak and checked and the 1st did do it as well so i didnt even notice it on the other one even though it was doing it lol

the camera is really really really good quality but there are some intresting posts on dp review about a few things however at the minute iam finding the camera really good and i dont want to go looking for faults lmao

iam missing a few apps but a small little tablet can get me round that if need be , like i say at the minute iam enjoying it :-)
    Last edited by buxz777; 08-23-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Ok....gone and ordered my 808 and it will arrive tomorrow. I have feeling I am going to be asking you 'old sweats' a few questions about it in the coming weeks.

Later

Dedicated User
    Thanks
    i still use the same panorama app as i had on mine N8 , Quickpanorama from morpho,inc.
    the only app that won't work on mine 808 is Aura (navigation), it worked on the N8 but on the 808 it said to litlle video memory ???

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Those that have the 808 already, what 'must have' accessories do you reckon are needed? Hard case? Gell Case? One little niggle already is that I have to get another sim but that's no big deal really.

Thanks
    Going case free is like walking away from an explosion towards the camera.

Accessories for me is an external battery pack, HH-23 holder and a mini tripod. Need to get a full size monopod soon.

Here's a question: if the 808 had a 1" sensor, how many megapixels would that be? My math says 49