808 A niche interest.
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Nokia User
    Thanks

808 A niche interest.

I am begining to think that because there are so few owners of the 808 that it is now pointless to continue subscription to this section. Am I the only one posting? It's a great phone but .............a what the f&&&&&

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    It's still not that easy to get hold of, I wouldn't write off the section yet.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

doshunnN85 (09-11-2012)

Dedicated User
    Thanks
    there are just not so manny questions about the phone, the software is 'old' and everyone here knows how symbian is working IMO.

but for the new comers of symbian it is perhaps difficult to find this site?

6. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Yeah I guess that as Symbian is not new, then yeah there will be less questions but it's still a great forum for info and as the phone gets more popular, then it will get more looks and comments.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TQ335 View Post
    I am begining to think that because there are so few owners of the 808 that it is now pointless to continue subscription to this section. Am I the only one posting? It's a great phone but .............a what the f&&&&&

I still look in on here- its getting quieter and quieter. I owned an 808 - sent it back due to Wlan connect / disconnect issue and blurry pictures issue too. I do plan to get another 808 some time- surely I can't go wrong a second time.
    Making do with my N8 for the moment- but getting itchy feet like I want to get a new phone.
    I've had a look at the SG3 and I'm getting more and more tempted to buy one- kind of thinking of maybe going for a 4G enabled SG3 for my day to day use and maybe picking up an 808 for my walking expeditions for the camera.
    I still enjoy using Symbian- its a shame its going the way of the dodo- if the future was brighter for symbian- i'd not even be looking at the SG3.

Was at one point thinking about moving on to the Lumia- but I've bought my son a Lumia 800 and its not impressed me much at all- too limited. When you've owned a device like the N8 or the 808 - any other phone just has too many missing features for me.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Lol - the WLAN connect/disconnect issue......well I thought that I was getting that, at least I seemed to be but eventually figured out what was going on. I also realised I was also getting the effect with my N8. It's a Belle thing. The bottom line is this, certain functions 'expect' certain conditions and when they do not exist then it thinks about it and reverts to default. That is......I connect to a Wlan, get a good signal and go to retrieve e-mail. If the data signal is stronger then it will use that unless I deliberately switch off my data connection. Also if there is a period of inactivity the Wlan will disconnect and I think this happens because the phone does not always give a 'keep awake' signal. It depends on the program you are using and the circumstances. However, I have managed to work around this niggle and to all intents and purposes it does not cause me grief. I am pretty sure the main problem is because I prefer to use Opera [quicker and more functional] than the 'native browser'.

When you've owned a device like the N8 or the 808 - any other phone just has too many missing features for me. Well mate I think you have just hit the nail on the head. Both have the features I like and use all the time but the 808 is so much better. For the first time I get access to my mail and can reply quickly and without hassle, I also use MS Office for mobile and that works really well too. However, I have removed all apps from my phone that need to connect to be used. Only stand alone stuff gets on or used and admittedly that aint much.

Thanks
    I did have an issue with the Wlan on my Pureview- I'd go to download a file- say 'BBC iplayer download' - the download would start then the Wlan would fail and the 3G would start up.
    When I disabled the 3G- the phone would start the download- then disconnect the Wlan- then reconnect the Wlan- start the download again- and on and on.

The phone couldn't hold a Wlan (or my Wlan anyway) -for more than a minute without disconnecting.

My N8 on the other hand- and all my other phones (N86) -all worked flawlessly.
    It is a recognised fault with some Pureviews- probably software related.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Ok, guess my issue was not the same.