Extended batteries for Nokia 808 PureView
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Extended batteries for Nokia 808 PureView

I registered to get some advice. I'm considering to get an extended battery for the Pure View 808 together with the device, but I cannot find original Nokia ones.
    I found these today:
    3000mAh battery that comes with a back door
    1500mAh kind of replacement battery

The 3000mAh increases usage time in around 2 times. I'm trying to get some experienced guys here - did anyone use 3rd party batteries on Nokias before?

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Nokia does not have an extended battery version for the 808, so you can stop looking. In general I find third-party batteries too much of a risk and do not bother with them. Mugen should be OK though, I haven't heard any bad feedback about them. On the other hand, I would rather get something like this than a non-OEM battery - Products » Nokia – Press
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Under "normal" usage the 808 can go for a couple of days, but heavy camera usage really does hit the battery in a big way.

So I'd actually be tempted by that Mugen Power battery (3000mAh); I did have one on a HTC TyTN II years back - was a beast of a battery that practically turned the phone into a laptop. Worked absolutely fine.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    I prefer using an external battery pack.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    I bought batteries like these Nokia N9, 808 PureView Battery BV-4D although from a local supplier here in Sweden (Nokia Mobilbatteri BV-4D för N9). They are only 1320 mAH instead of 1400 mAH, meaning that they would last 5-6% less time per charge than the one that came with the phone.

Still, at these prices, I bought two and can now be assured of having enough power to last 1-2 days at e.g. theme parks, taking loads of pics, etc. Last time I was at Disney World, I ended up using an external battery charger and a short usb cable to recharge it, but it would have been so much easier just replacing the battery when the first one got low.

Now all I need is a charging cradle for these batteries. Hhhrrrmmm.

Thanks
    I got myself this one and now waiting on the shipment:
    hli_pv808xl.jpg
    3000mAh
    I've done research on Mugen and they seem to be very good, however they are mostly making batteries for Android (understandably), this is their new battery for Nokia due to new devices on the market.

Thanks
    I've seen this on MWC, very nice device, but I'd enjoy something that won't make me think about my battery life during the day. I ordered a 3000mAh from Mugen, they have credit around the web, let's see what this brings. Also, at official Nokia center they told me, that if there is no physical damage to the phone, warranty won't be voided.