Replacement glass screen
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Replacement glass screen

Hi,
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted on this topic under another title. I got my 808 Pureview a few weeks ago. However the metal on the wrist strap has put a gouge in the glass screen. I thought Corning Gorilla glass was almost scratch proof! I took it to my Nokia care point who told me that the entire LCD screen and glass needed to be replaced as one unit, but after searchng on the web I've found OEM glass screens. I find it incredible that you can't just replace the glass as there is nothing wrong with the LCD display itself.

Can any member confirm you can just replace the glass. Studying the assembly manual it would appear you can even though it says the unit is one piece.

Help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Ihave the strap attached as well and the thought did ocurr to me that the metal on it might cause an issue. But in my case it hasn't - but there again I am aware of the potential and always make sure the metal is away from the phone. I suppose you took of the screen protector as well eh? In another tread there is a good PDF showing how to strip the phone. It indicates that the screen etc are a one piece item or - should be treated as such. I suspect that if you do otherwise then you might get unwanted results.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TQ335 View Post
    Ihave the strap attached as well and the thought did ocurr to me that the metal on it might cause an issue. But in my case it hasn't - but there again I am aware of the potential and always make sure the metal is away from the phone. I suppose you took of the screen protector as well eh? In another tread there is a good PDF showing how to strip the phone. It indicates that the screen etc are a one piece item or - should be treated as such. I suspect that if you do otherwise then you might get unwanted results.
    And yet the dismantled version in the Nokia shop that there are pictures of on the Endgadgert website actually shows the glass touchscreen and LCD screen as separate items...

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia User
    Thanks
    yeh they are undoubtedly sepperate items but 'treated as one'. Probably because to get the best capacitive response from the screen it has to be perfectly matched to the LCD. A guesss on my part but it makes sense.