Photos saved in DCIM-100 NOKIA Folder
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Nokia User
    Thanks

Photos saved in DCIM-100 NOKIA Folder

How comes the photos are saved in DCIM - 100NOKIA Folder and not on the Images Folder (both on the memory card)?? Is there a way to change this? I tried in vain today to locate my photos in Images Folder using my laptop but couldn't find them there, in the end I dicovered them in the DCIM NOKIA100 Folder.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matze View Post
    How comes the photos are saved in DCIM - 100NOKIA Folder and not on the Images Folder (both on the memory card)?? Is there a way to change this? I tried in vain today to locate my photos in Images Folder using my laptop but couldn't find them there, in the end I dicovered them in the DCIM NOKIA100 Folder.
    Not too sure but DCIM = Direct Camera Image whereas the other folder 'Images' refers to images that arrive on the phone via anyway else other than the camera. For example a MMM, etc. Not sure if you can change this never thought about it cause I do not see the point in doing so. Hmmm Just had a play and all that I can find is; go to 'Files', select Memory Card [or other depending on where you want the photos to go to] goto menu and press select 'New Folder' and name it. That folder is now in the location you selected. Now select DCIM, select 100NOKIA to see all your photo files. Goto menu press and select Mark Multiple Items then press menu again to Mark All - press menu again and select 'Move to Folder'. Go through the menu system to locate the folder you created and select. All the marked items will go there. You can reverse all the above steps by going through a similar procedure.

I have no intention of doing this myself so cannot determine if as a result of doing this all future photo's taken will go to that folder [new one]. Cannot find a way to specify save location or change the default but I feel there should be a way.

I use my camera at work and the above could be useful to me - to separate work from private - but to be honest it's too much faffing about. Its easier for me to just do it all via my laptop.

HTH
    Last edited by TQ335; 10-19-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Additional stuff

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Thanks, you might be right. I used this memory card in my N8 before and didn't reformat it (to save my N8 photos) before using it in my Pure View. On the Pure View I have the normal Camera which saves the photos to this DCIM Folder, I've installed Camera Pro as well, this one saves the photos to Images Folder.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia User
    Thanks
    I think Belle change to location from Image to DCIM folder. You only see the option to change the drive (b/t mass storage and external card). Canon and Nikon (may be other brands) camera use DCIM folder...so guess Nokia try to be the same.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Thanks, I think you are right, I was just wondering where all my photos, shot with 808, where until I discovered them in DCIM Folder. I had that images folder from my N8 still on my memory card and wonder if I would have formated the card before using in 808 would the phone have created a new images folder or just DCIM?