USB port broken
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: USB port broken

Nokia User
    Thanks

USB port broken

Has anyone USB port broken yet? My 808's UBS port's broken, so I can not charge it or transfer data. It broke 2 days before I moved back to the States. I went to Nokia service center in Thailand, and they told me it would take at least 4 days to fix. Of course, the warranty is only valid in Thailand and not in US.
    My only temporary solution now is using Nokia DT-33 desktop charger that I bought at Nokia service center and second battery. They did not have 808 battery (BV-4D) in stock so I bought BL-4D (it's the same size and it works)...my data is on the sd card, so just take the card out to get the data....so now I have to carry the 2nd battery with me in the pocket.

I did little search but did not see any 808 had USB problem ...but did see other Nokia like N9 had USB port broken and cant charge...and look like the price for repair is about 100-150 USD from 3rd party.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Never heard of that happening so far, how did you break it ? :s
    Pressing Thanks doesnt really hurt... Does it? Click it and find out!

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Not sure how it broke. Just one night I plugged in to charge before go to bed. I saw it was charging, but the phone was dead in the morning.

I am using Nokia charging stand DT-33 now with N8 ac adapter (b/c it does not come with ac adapter), but it only charge up to about 70%...may be I need ac adapter with higher ampere.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by huy30 View Post
    Not sure how it broke. Just one night I plugged in to charge before go to bed. I saw it was charging, but the phone was dead in the morning.

I am using Nokia charging stand DT-33 now with N8 ac adapter (b/c it does not come with ac adapter), but it only charge up to about 70%...may be I need ac adapter with higher ampere.
    Higher ampere would only charge it faster. I think the battery may have lost capacity.

As for the 808, I'd mail it back to Thailand. Have a relative or friend get it taken care of.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    I bought two more batteries. One is Nokia brand but not for 808..and another one is non-brand for 808. The original battery with two new one all charge up to about 70%...well, not sure what for now.

Nokia US does not repair any non-US warranty Nokia phone. They ask to send to third party company..not sure that I want to send in to this company at the moment...I am willing to pay to fix if I can send in to US Nokia Care.

I may have to ask someone to bring back to Thailand to fix for me...This will talke a long time...a long time without 808.