connecting with NFC
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Question connecting with NFC

Has anyone managed to connect using the NFC system, to any other mobile, besides NokiaBelle/Symbian to another phone aslo that has NFC but with a different OS like the Samsung Galaxie s3 which uses the android system.
    If so how are both mobiles configured to achieve this, and if it is not possible, then I would consider the whole exercise a waste of time, as not everybody that wants to be able to do this, is going to use either one or the other OS

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia User
    Thanks
    I use the 808 and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Jelly Bean [4.1.1] Android = No NFC but does have DNLA [as does 808] Blue Tooth between both works excellent - so does swapping micro SD if you can be bothered. [808 is painful to do] I have no desire to use NFC or DNLA and never will do so it is not an issue. I suspect that if these things are all important to you then perhaps you ought not to be looking at an 808 eh???

Thanks
    The problem with using NFC goes further than just "Peer to Peer" usage in that companies & businesses that are using this technology for their "goods and services " are using different versions of it that only recognizes certain mobile operating systems and therefore can restrict the user of accessing their "goods & services" because of the OS of their mobiles are using.
    This problem arises due to there being No world wide "Industrial standard" for this technology

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia User
    Thanks
    mortda: lol well yes I see the point you are making but the way I look at the issue here - and according to what you have explained - is to ask who cares??? The consumer probably not because there is always an alternative. The companies who are using differing standards that differentiate with preference to operating systems??? Tough.......lol........the consumer rules, its up to the companied to provide what the consumer wants and not determine what the customer wants and then dictate as such. That always leads to a messy demise. So if there is no common standard then the consumer will not use. Excellent.....another useless technology [in this context] to the trash heap.