I'm very new to the 808 and have some questions. I posted the below questions on another forum as well but got only one (partial) reply so I'm hoping I have better luck here. Any advice appreciated.
1) Would I be losing out on a "must have" feature by not upgrading from firmware 112.020.0310 to 113.010.1506? I noticed that there were several posts on various sites complaining about problems AFTER the firmware upgrade and I am therefore very wary of updating it.
2) Is there a way to back up my existing firmware so that it can be restored/rolled back if I dont like (or having problems with) the newer update that is available? If so, how?
3) I cant seem to get the music player app to "remember" that my music is stored on the add in microSD card (F: Drive). It still insists on looking for music on the in-built storage (E:Mass Memory). Because of this I constantly have to use the File Manager to play my music by manually browsing to F: Drive/Music and selecting the files there. Is there any way around this?
4) In the case of Photos/Videos, I have managed to set the storage drive as F: but even here, both Videos and photos are placed into the DCIM folder. I understand that this is the "default" folder and how its supposed to work but I was wondering if there's some way to override it so that only photos are placed into the DCIM folder while Video clips (.MP4's) are created in the "Video" folder that also exists on this drive?
5) Is there a good guide around that focuses specifically on the camera part of the 808? The only one I could find was the one page guide on the Nokia SG website. Are there any other detailed guides for the camera? Even links to other informative websites that offer tips and tricks on how to use the Camera would be nice.
6) Can you recommend some good apps for the 808 with focus particularly on the camera part?
7) Do I need an Anti-Virus for the phone considering I DONT use any Internet enabled features at all? If I don't require it I would like to uninstall the 30 day free trial version of F-Secure AV that comes pre-installed on the phone as its constantly running and I cant find a way to kill the app completely.
Thanks in advance...