Gallery zoom-in issue on downloaded images
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Gallery zoom-in issue on downloaded images

Fellow Nokia lovers,
    I have been using a Nokia C7 since forever and I recently bought a used 808. I reverted to factory defaults, downloaded and installed the latest software and updates (Nokia Belle Feature Pack 2, software version: 113.101.1506, custom version: 113.101.1506.222.01). I have noticed many differences in software between the two phones. The updates are great and phone is much faster.

In gallery, I can only zoom-in on pictures that are taken with phone's camera. I cannot zoom in on downloaded images and pictures shared over Bluetooth. As soon as I release the pinch-to-zoom, the image reverts back to default screen fit.

Since mine is the only 808 that I have ever used, I don't if this is generic or only on my phone. I haven't found a solution so far. Please help with this. Just to find out if this is the case in all 808s would be helpful too!

Cheers,
    Atheeb.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atheebr View Post
    Fellow Nokia lovers,
    In gallery, I can only zoom-in on pictures that are taken with phone's camera. I cannot zoom in on downloaded images and pictures shared over Bluetooth. As soon as I release the pinch-to-zoom, the image reverts back to default screen fit.
    Cheers,
    Atheeb.
    Hi, well that is exactly the same on mine and it is perfectly normal. The reason is very simply the size of the received photo file. Go to gallery and tap on a photo then wait a sec or so and you will get the menu bar appear at the bottom and at the top will be the photo size in kb/Mb. All photos sent from other phones and received either by message [text] or BT will be scaled and reduced in size. Those received via e-mail will be as sent by the sender. I noticed this on mine but never bothered about it. The only time this will not happen is if the Blue Tooth transfer is from another source other than a phone......say your PC or a Tablet etc then it will be as determined by the sender. So do not worry, its normal.