808 rules
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: 808 rules

Nokia User
    Thanks

808 rules

OK, so who still uses this great phone? I still use mine every single day and use most of the facilities that it offers. When I first got it I thought it was a bit cumbersome compared to the N8 which I had but when I see some of the things others are carting about with them now...........lol. Nope here is one old fart sticking with the 808. For me it serves every function I want and easily out does many of the so called competitors. Even the new Lumia with a 41 MP camera cannot offer the same facility. The best thing about the 808 now is simply the fact that so few people either want or use it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Yip, still using my black 808, still no plans to change any time soon.
    I love my 808 so much, I've bought a second red 808 for a spare- its set up in an identical way to my main black 808.

So far, for me, nothing beats it.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Just bought the missus a Galaxy Mini and have to say that I do like it. But I cannot break from my 808. The fact is that it is a strong tough phone that has more than proved its capability since I have had it. Even the battery still behaves well but of late the one thing that has pleased me the most is that almost every hour of the day I see others messing about with all kinds of phone and seemingly spending far too much time messing with them. When I consider the cost in purchase and what I have had since, there is no doubt that for once in my life I have managed to get a bargain that is more than worth what I paid. It has passed every test and has never faltered or failed. Cannot say better than that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My daughter has a SG4, my wife, a SG4 mini and my son has a Nexus 5- so we're mostly Android users.

One thing that lets the 808 down is the browser- I get by with Opera Mini and Opera, but its far from perfect. Thats the one thing I'd like to see updated and improved.

Other than that- no, its still a great phone, I'll be sticking with mine for the foreseeable future.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NAVVARR View Post
    One thing that lets the 808 down is the browser- I get by with Opera Mini and Opera, but its far from perfect. Thats the one thing I'd like to see updated and improved.
    Other than that- no, its still a great phone, I'll be sticking with mine for the foreseeable future.
    Agreed! I find the browser is simply crap unless you are using WiFi and are in a fast service area.......say for example free WiFi in me local pub etc. Then it works ok but I find it a bit too cumbersome. However, I do not use the internet very much these days so it is not that much of an issue for me. So long as I can use e-mail I am happy.

LOL on a slightly differing topic but related to 'Nokia' I also have a N8 as you might recall but I had placed it away to use as a reserve or sell. LOL I have discovered however that it out performs my TomTom so have been using it for navigating. It is pretty good.

Thanks
    I still have a Nokia C7 - I use it mainly as a backup when I go hill walking, its still a very capable wee phone.
    Also, I recently picked up a Mint condition Nokia N86 on ebay - the last of the Nokia Sliders. Took a bit of time for me to unbrand it, then set it up the way I want it. -again, its useful to have on a hillwalking expedition as a back up- especially since you press actual buttons to make a call.
    I had a Nokia N8- it was a great phone, I'd hold on to it.