Thinking of Getting a Nokia N8
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Thinking of Getting a Nokia N8

Hi, I've been searching around for a new phone and have come upon the new Nokia N8, It hasnt been released yet but I have been reading reviews etc. It seems a good phone but I'm wondering if anyone else has any other information on it because I havent had a Nokia phone in years and I dont want to be making the wrong decission.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 1,091 Posts
    I have the N8 and I just love it (special the HD games and the Camera and awsome build quality ) The browser can be better but overall a amazing phone.

I'm not 100% sure but dont you can return the N8 within 14 days if you not are happy with the device ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    I have the N8 and I just love it (special the HD games and the Camera and awsome build quality ) The browser can be better but overall a amazing phone.

I'm not 100% sure but dont you can return the N8 within 14 days if you not are happy with the device ?
    Thanks for that Is there anything wrong with the device which has put you off?

I'm not sure, Because I'm planning getting a contract

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozo View Post

So far ( I have had the N8 since 3 October) I have not find any
    problems which have put me off the N8 more the opposite way and
    find new nice things all the days, also in the Ovi shop

It's a great music machine and awsome to watch movies on play games and
    good things as free maps and with the best camera on the market.

I dont regret my purcase yet -

Moz
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Moved to the N8 forum, here you should find enough topics to satisfy your hunger for N8 information.
    Last edited by Moz; 10-10-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Nokia Genius
    Thanks

I just got my N8 yesterday in the U.S. So far I am really impressed with the N8. I was using an unlocked Palm Treo Pro with Windows 6.1.

Everything has been real easy to setup. OVI Suite works real well. It transferred all my contacts from Outlook, including the pictures I had associated with each contact. The sound quality and signal strength are good. I know I have read some reviews that said Symbian ^3 isn't smartphone software. It's working just fine for me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tabasco View Post
    I just got my N8 yesterday in the U.S. So far I am really impressed with the N8. I was using an unlocked Palm Treo Pro with Windows 6.1.

Everything has been real easy to setup. OVI Suite works real well. It transferred all my contacts from Outlook, including the pictures I had associated with each contact. The sound quality and signal strength are good. I know I have read some reviews that said Symbian ^3 isn't smartphone software. It's working just fine for me.
    Tabasco, are you using T-mobile or AT&T? How's the web browsing? I use my N97 on AT&T and tether while on the go. Wondering if I should take the jump. Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tabasco View Post

Seems like its going to be a good phone Can't wait for it to be released in the UK

Moz
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Seems like its going to be a good phone Can't wait for it to be released in the UK
    You can buy the phone now in the UK Sim Free.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moz View Post
    I'm looking at getting it on contract :P And it doesnt get released on contract untill the end of October

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by illhuskerini View Post
    Tabasco, are you using T-mobile or AT&T? How's the web browsing? I use my N97 on AT&T and tether while on the go. Wondering if I should take the jump. Thanks.
    I am using AT&T. It hooks up to their 3G network fine. I haven't done a lot of web browsing yet, only a few news sites, and it's been fine. Tommie from the forums here says the browser could be better, I don't know if he had some issues or not with certain web pages. I did see that the Opera browser was available in the OVI store.

I have no real need to tether, so I haven't tried tethering, nor do I know if there is a program for that. The onscreen keyboard takes some time to get use to, but I am ok with it now.

Thanks
    I think the best thing that I could do is to go into a phone shop and try one when they are released and still continue looking at reviews so I can make my mind up

Nokia User
    Thanks
    I think the best thing that I could do is to go into a phone shop and try one when they are released and still continue looking at reviews so I can make my mind up
    I dont think that you will regret it. I`ve read just about every post on the net since April, and I have two on order, which are due for release next friday 15th. Presently using a XPress 5800 which has been problem free for nearly a year.
    You`ll always find someone who doesn`t like a new phone however good it is, so its best to try one out if you can. cheers FW

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fredw View Post
    I dont think that you will regret it. I`ve read just about every post on the net since April, and I have two on order, which are due for release next friday 15th. Presently using a XPress 5800 which has been problem free for nearly a year.
    You`ll always find someone who doesn`t like a new phone however good it is, so its best to try one out if you can. cheers FW
    Thank you

I think that it will beat quite a few phones hands down it's just I want to make sure I'm going to make the right decision if I go to get one (Contract) because I dont want to be stuck with a phone for 24 months if I dont like it

Thanks
    Thats a wise decision , and I dont belive you will regret if you go for it.
    Good luck with your choise

Thanks
    Thats a wise decision , and I dont belive you will regret if you go for it.
    Good luck with your choise
    From what I have seen and read so far the phone looks really good and a good quality.

Thanks
    From what I have seen and read so far the phone looks really good and a good quality.
    Yes it's a great phone ,but what phone have you today and whats your biggest needs with a phone ?

Thanks
    Yes it's a great phone ,but what phone have you today and whats your biggest needs with a phone ?
    My current phone is a Sony Ericsson Cyber Shot Plus it has a crack in the screen and is missing a button..... So I kinda want to upgrade from that.

I will use the new phone for web browsing and the likes.
    Last edited by Frozo; 10-11-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moz View Post
    I'm looking at getting it on contract :P And it doesnt get released on contract untill the end of October
    ... and I don't actually think that you will be able to even pick up a SIM free N8 in the UK before the end of this week (at the earliest!) either.

It does certainly sound like a good phone though... especially for anyone who is also looking for a replacement digital camera!
    Last edited by Montala; 10-11-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks
    I think what would of boosted the phone even more is if it had a Full QWERTY keyboard

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    I think what would of boosted the phone even more is if it had a Full QWERTY keyboard
    You may want to take a look at the E7 as well then, it's not as highly specced as the N8 but has a full QWERTY. Not sure when it's due for release though.

Thanks
    I really want the N8 but I'm not fully set on it yet, If that makes sense lol

Thanks
    what exactly is holding you back?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by samisnake View Post
    what exactly is holding you back?
    Don't think theres enough out there e.g. reviews like up to date ones to get enough information from the device. I've still be looking at the reviews that are there but I'm not sure.

Edit: Although the N8 is a really good phone I've just looked up the E7 that is coming out and that looks more my style with the Touch pad QWERTY keyboard
    Last edited by Frozo; 10-11-2010 at 08:36 PM.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    I have a GREEN N8 pre-ordered from Nokia.com and shopblt.com.
    shopblt is selling for $455 shipped! but I really want it for a Nov 30 vacation I am taking, and I am not sure they will get it in and out to me on time.

I am assuming that Nokia.com will ship it out to me a lot sooner than the re-sellers.

But I can't believe Nokia.com adds on $35 in taxes.. that really sux. I don't even think there is a physical Nokia store in Fla, so I have no idea why they do this.

So if your willing to wait to get one of the colored N8's.. SHOPBLT.COM is selling them for $455 shipped.
    Thats like $150 cheaper than Nokia.com after taxes.

Nokia Genius
    Thanks
    just pre ordered myself an N8

I'm still not 100% sold on the phone but i've ordered from Nokia direct, with the 14 day return policy i can have a decent amount of time with it before deciding on keeping it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,944 Times in 3,258 Posts
    I got a trial N8 today but i also have my own N8 winging it's way from Finland as i type.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    If you appreciate ANY help or Uploaded files from a member,then show it by saying it and clicking on the 'Thanks' button

ANY Theme/Font Uploaded By Me In The THEMES or FONTS Section With a (NOW) Dead Link,Let Me Know In That Thread (not by e-mail OR private message please) And I'll Re-Upload It As I have ALL Themes/Fonts Uploaded By MYSELF!

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    I got a trial N8 today but i also have my own N8 winging it's way from Finland as i type.
    Great stuff! It sounds as if someone else also has friends in high places!

I don't think my one has been issued with its wings yet!

Don't forget to let us know what you think of it now, will you!

Thanks
    I'm still going to keep a close eye on the N8 but I might wait to see what the E7 is like when thats released and see what competition it will have.

Dedicated User
    Thanks
    Im getting mine on contract for only £15 a month. 600 mins, unlimited texts, 500mb downloads. Bargain!

I think the phones awesome!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike710_0 View Post
    Im getting mine on contract for only £15 a month. 600 mins, unlimited texts, 500mb downloads. Bargain!

that is a good contract
    special deal, or available to all?

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike710_0 View Post

Can i ask what network that is with?

vodafone has gave me a price plan as yours but for £25

Dedicated User
    Thanks
    Well ive been with Vodafone well over 10 years and was due for an upgrade. It was an online offer and ive had it bought for me as my birthday present by my wonderful girlfriend It cost £84 for the phone. Im made up coz im paying the exact same amount with my old Nokia N95 8GB which I know i can sell for about £90

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    I've heard with vodafone you get absolutely brilliant handset prices when you choose upgrade over the internet and keep your tariff the same! Some really crazy prices for handsets like I've had a friend pay £110 for the new BlackBerry Torch 9800 on his existing £10 / month contract!
    If someone helps you, hit the thanks button!

Twitter: @nirave

My Sites:
    UK Mobile Review (@UKMobileReview)

Thanks
    I'm going to wait for the E7 to come out I think and then do a comparison between the E7 and the N8 to see which I preffer. Then I think I'm going to buy the Handset and just get a Contract Sim so it's cheaper