Changing Product Code / Installing Other Languages - Page 5
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Tried reflashing 059F4T8: 5238 RM-588 PRC, and it didn't work, same message.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormX View Post
    Not sure... I see the "custom version date" is 19-10-2011.

Trying to get any version that reads Chinese and hopefully Japanese.
    I tried the one on the bottom of the list on Navifirm though.
    Amazing, you don't know what FW version you're currently on but you keep trying to flash with Phoenix ??!!

What does your phone show when you enter *#0000# on the dialpad ? 51.0.002, 51.6.002 ? What is your actual product code ?
    Last edited by 93tid; 08-24-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 93tid View Post
    What does your phone show when you enter *#0000# on the dialpad ? 51.0.002, 51.6.002 ? What is your actual product code ?
    What I saw before.... kay SW 51.0.002
    Custom version 51.0.002.C02.01

Product code... RM-588?

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Product code is 05xxxxx.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

Thanks
    Product code is 05xxxxx.
    Under the battery it says
    CODE: 0587760

Thanks
    So you have a 0587760: RM-588 RUSSIAN WHITE_PINK HUNGARY handset and you want to have it read Chinese and ideally Japanese ?

I would suggest the following:

1. Stop playing with Phoenix since your degree of inexperience is scary and you are on the path of bricking your phone.
    2. Change your product code with Nemesis (Downloads : B-phreaks Online Shop, Your Source For Mobile Phone Unlock Solutions ) to

0597856: RM-588 CTR CHINA WHITE CWM

3. Connect phone to Nokia Suite and update firmware from there. The whole process is described for the N95 in the debranding thread in this forum and it is exactly the same for the 5230.

Let us know if you have any further problems.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

FormX (08-25-2012)

Thanks
    Hey that worked. That was easy.

Thanks
    Thanks, 93tid for helping everybody out. I have a N8 from the US and I need to do a reset. I need English as the primary language, with the ability to input Japanese text(with keyboard IME, rather than +J t9-like old school input). Can I do this by changing the product code on install, or do I need to use a custom ROM? If just changing the product code will work, I have read that Taiwan is the way to go... is this correct? Thanks again for your help.

Thanks
    I have no idea which product code, if any, supports Japanese text input. I know nothing about custom ROMs and stay very far away from them.

The 5233 user hijacked this thread, however please note that you cannot change product code on S^3 devices (like the N8) with the method used for S60 devices like the 5233. The latest version of Nemesis may be offering that functionality, but I have not tested it myself, so cannot recommend it at this time. You will need to do a Phoenix reflash instead.

The process is nicely described in this thread - http://www.nokiausers.net/forum/noki...heres-how.html

You do not need to perform all steps, I would personally skip step 3 of the guide which means the process will end with step 11 and you can ignore the rest.

If you are willing to go that way at your own risk, let me know the product code and current firmware version of your N8 and I can give you suitable Taiwan product codes to use as firmware for the flash. Again, I have no idea whether Taiwan codes support Japanese text, however if you are willing to experiment I will do my best to help.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

Treefiddy (09-13-2012)

Thanks
    I have no idea which product code, if any, supports Japanese text input. I know nothing about custom ROMs and stay very far away from them.

The 5233 user hijacked this thread, however please note that you cannot change product code on S^3 devices (like the N8) with the method used for S60 devices like the 5233. The latest version of Nemesis may be offering that functionality, but I have not tested it myself, so cannot recommend it at this time. You will need to do a Phoenix reflash instead.

The process is nicely described in this thread - http://www.nokiausers.net/forum/noki...heres-how.html

You do not need to perform all steps, I would personally skip step 3 of the guide which means the process will end with step 11 and you can ignore the rest.

If you are willing to go that way at your own risk, let me know the product code and current firmware version of your N8 and I can give you suitable Taiwan product codes to use as firmware for the flash. Again, I have no idea whether Taiwan codes support Japanese text, however if you are willing to experiment I will do my best to help.

I guess I don't have much choice. :-)

If all else fails, I can just install the Japanese product code. Thanks!

Thanks

Wow. It's odd that there are no product codes for Japan. Would they seriously not have an IME somewhere that the entire nation of Japan could use?

Is there a disadvantage to having a Taiwan product code in the US?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefiddy View Post
    Is there a disadvantage to having a Taiwan product code in the US?
    Not that I am aware of.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

Treefiddy (09-13-2012)

Thanks
    Not that I am aware of.
    Which product code would you recommend... Hong Kong or Taiwan for use in the US?

Also, will I have Nokia maps for US if I use those product codes?
    Last edited by Treefiddy; 09-10-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Thanks
    HongKong FW versions disable the FM transmitter, other than that no difference between HK and Taiwan product code firmwares, regardless where they are used.

Same for maps - you can download and/or delete whatever maps you want regardless of firmware version, you have full control.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

Treefiddy (09-13-2012)

Thanks
    Ok. I think I found a Japanese input keyboard for the N8, but I need to test it. I know a lot of people have been searching for one. I need to factory wipe my N8 to get rid of "memory low" errors and such(already tried deleting unnecessary files/old emails). I think I killed Ovi store on it in the process.

I also have the fonts necessary to read Japanese characters in email, web, and messaging on my US product code(not native in the firmware, had to install it). If the keyboard works, is there an easy way to factory clean the N8 without going through the Phoenix software, since I wouldn't need to change my region/product code? Thanks again for your help.

Thanks
    The current product code is 059G700. Type RM-596.

I would like to flash to Taiwan to read Japanese. Which code would suit me best?

On another note, I found a virtual keyboard for N8. When I try to install it, I get a certificate error that says to contact developer. I haven't gotten a reply from the developer. Is there any way around the certificate issue? I already have the N8 installation settings set to "all." Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks
    can anyone help me please? i downloaded the navfirm and run with my nokia n8. i want to put greek language. can somebody tell the exactly firmware i must download?also i don't undestand the 2 step very well.
    thank you!!! i forgot to tell you that my n8 is dark grey
    Last edited by 93tid; 09-11-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks
    Which method exactly are you trying to use ? For product code I would suggest the following:

059F047: N8-00 RM-596 Country Variant Greece GR Dark Grey V1
    Last edited by 93tid; 08-14-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345