i think nokia are using two different types of screen in n8 and maybe c7
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts

i think nokia are using two screens on n8

i have a new n8 due to my other one gettimng damaged and not switching back on

ill try to describe this as best as possible

on my old n8 when the screen was off and tilted in the light ie when polishing the screen , i could see a matrix of tiny dots on the screen and a slight blue tint , the matrix of tiny dots sperated equally and 100% meant to be there as ive seen it on many n8 handsets infact untill today it was the only type of screen id seen on an n8

my new one doesnt have these dots on the screen when tilted in the light , whatever i do i cant seem to see them also the screen seems much lighter in comparison to my old one which i cant direct compare as i have not got it anymore , when i say lighter i mean the blacks dont seem as black for example the silver midnight theme doesnt seem as dark and there is a very very faint purple tint to it on the edges of the colurs

i have read of a user taking his n8 back 4x and getting the same screen as i seem to have so it doesnt seem like a fault , either that or he is unlucky , or maybe it is a fault on some n8 but iam thinking due to the number of sales and shortages of amoled screens in general are nokia using a second batch of amoled screens from somewhere eklse to meet demand , are samsung the only people that make them?

could a purple tin be fixed by a software update , if its not a hardware fault it could be simple case of adjusting the gamma/contrast/brightness etc to accomadate both types of display best , if its a bad choice of screen or a manufacturing fault its something nokia could be doing without

iam not sure but something is defo pointing towards another model of screen being used for me

few questions for peeps out there

does your n8 screen have these tiny dots when flicked in the light with the phone off and a very clean screen

if your n8 doesnt have these dots have you noticed a very very faint purple tint to the blacks on the display on the homescreen etc

if your n8 does have them tiny dots was it an early n8 from before xmas or just after , if your n8 doesnt have these tiny dots on the screen is it relativley new ie not one of the 1st batches from last year

thanks for any feedback this is puzzling me a bit

Last edited by buxz777; 03-08-2011 at 07:18 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia User
    Thanks
    ^ you are not going mad. when i got my N8 and was cleaning my screen, i noticed perfectly placed tiny dots on the screen as well. I would imagine those were the touch sensors...but i could be wrong.

I dont remember if there's a blue hue to it...and i definitely haven't seen one with the purple hue since there aren't much N8 around in the states.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fitcious For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011)

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Must be an accident thread.

The C7 definitely has a better screen than the N8.

The CBD displays are awesome. Comparing my C7 and N8 to my E7 and C6-01 really shows you just how great the CBD is.

Although the E7 has the same resolution as the others so its slightly more pixellated

6. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan0s View Post
    Must be an accident thread.

The C7 definitely has a better screen than the N8.

The CBD displays are awesome. Comparing my C7 and N8 to my E7 and C6-01 really shows you just how great the CBD is.

Although the E7 has the same resolution as the others so its slightly more pixellated
    the c7 and the n8 are both supposed to use the same screen as each other , its the touch software that is better on the c7 due to it being optimised the n8 on v13 is also much better then a n8 on v11 and it has been optimised alot

the c7 does have better haptic feedback due to a new method used but the screens are supposed to be the same

what iam talking about though is there seems to be two different models of screen being used in the n8 from what i can make out and one seems to have a purple tint to it on black colours

the htc desire apparently had this issue when released and it was patched via a bug fix Screen Brightness. Pinkish effect - Android Forums

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    iam not alone and this doesnt look good for nokia unless it is why the new firmware has been delayed and it can be fixed by software

here is one users photos and videos of the problem Tech news and reviews: Display problems with N8

here is a 5 page thread on the problem with many users facing the same and many of them are new buyers Nokia n8 AMOLED Display Colour problem!

so what is going on here , bad choice of sub screen to meet demand , samsung stiching nokia up with dodgy displays , nokia using a different display to before and software needs different settings for this screen , another build error , who knows but it really doesnt look good for nokia if this is another fault that cant be fixed via software and maybe it ties in with the delay to pr1.1

anyone else here facing this

Last edited by buxz777; 02-02-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
    the c7 and the n8 are both supposed to use the same screen as each other , its the touch software that is better on the c7 due to it being optimised the n8 on v13 is also much better then a n8 on v11 and it has been optimised alot

the c7 does have better haptic feedback due to a new method used but the screens are supposed to be the same

what iam talking about though is there seems to be two different models of screen being used in the n8 from what i can make out and one seems to have a purple tint to it on black colours

the htc desire apparently had this issue when released and it was patched via a bug fix Screen Brightness. Pinkish effect - Android Forums
    Going on personal experience with the HTC Desire, once I updated the Desire to the new Firmware which was Froyo 2.2 the pink hue was gone, the pink hue was seen on certain grey colours, the Google Mail app being the most notable.
    Luckily my N8 doesn't have this problem but it does seem to be following a similar trend with the Desire where some users have the issue and others don't and some phones are worse than others.
    Though there was never any clarification on what caused it it was possibly as stated over at the XDA forum ( Why my AMOLED has pinkish tint (Answer inside) - UPDATED - Page 51 - xda-developers ) a driver issue.
    Hopefully for anyone unlucky to get the problem much like the Desire it should be able to be fixed in a future update.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The-Hawkster For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011)

Thanks
    Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread!

I was thinking about posting about this problem with my C7, but I had no idea how to describe the problem.

Unlike some of the posters with this problem on the linked blogs, I only have the problem where the clock screen saver's top half is slightly purplish instead of pure black (as in the above pics). I've tried to study the screen to see what could be causing it in different scenarios (locking and unlocking), and I don't think it's a problem with the screen itself but with the software/ firmware. The screen displays pure black in every other usage scenario but this one.

I believe the problem stems from the fact that the display is illuminating the pixels that are supposed to be switched off for true black, but instead, they are being lit and therefore cause the grey/ purplish tint.

I hope it gets fixed in a firmware update.

Another problem I have faced, however, since day one, is that my phone displays a white horizontal band towards the bottom last 1/4 of my screen. It is mostly visible when displaying brighter colours (such as white- for eg. when the Nokia startup logo is shown). It was quite annoying and I noticed it the second I turned my new phone on, but I decided I could live with it and didn't return it.

First pic is of the screen saver clock purple tint

Second pic is of the white band (the pic is of a white blank sheet of paper) - considering the white band, what would you guys have done? returned or lived with it?
    Last edited by jerusm; 02-02-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    my nokia N8 is as black as it is with no tints. i wonder what happened to my international friends.

I used Battery meter to have a quick glance on an active black background and I have not yet seen any tints or dots.

when you open the battery monitor, it will delay to open and you have a chance to take note or take picture closely

Thanks
    Opening Battery monitor it's pure black... it's only on the screen saver clock I'm having the tint issue

Nokia User
    Thanks
    oh. so the screensaver clock will detect it? I'll re-activate mine in a short moment. thanks for the heads up

I apologize for the confusions

update:

clock (analogue and digital) are all black and white. perhaps it's due we received our N8 here in the Philippines very late. I got v. 11.012 and someone said it got the 2nd batch
    Last edited by Chris_Skylock; 02-02-2011 at 04:26 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_Skylock For This Useful Post:

Dave.P (02-07-2011)

Thanks
    Yes, check my thumbnail of the clock 2 posts up.

Lock the phone (using the lock slider) and then press the menu button. It's visible on this clock.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    i re-checked mine with the right re-enactment from the thumbnail and i see black background and white fonts.

I sure hope this can be fixed on your side. I apologize for the conveniences you're experiencing.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    i checked my unit as well as my friends unit. Both are from second batch. And i can not see the red/purple tinge. black looks pure black. Even compared it with the black on n86. Both look complete black. No greys no hues.
    Prashant
    visit my blog GeekifyNokia for latest symbian news, apps and mods

19. The Following User Says Thank You to koolestprashant For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011)

Thanks
    Which firmware are you guys on? I'm on 12.004 Euro

How do you find out which batch your C7 is from?

Nokia User
    Thanks
    i got mine in October...so one of the first ones

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post

Buxz777 : how do i check if i have the v13 or v11? if i have the v11...is there any way to change it to v13?

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fitcious View Post
    Buxz777 : how do i check if i have the v13 or v11? if i have the v11...is there any way to change it to v13?
    If you need to check your fw just type *#0000# and you will get the number there.

It will say Software version : and whichever it is.

And buxz i didnt see the whole thread when i read it this morning because it didnt show.

I myself have 2 N8s. One being a black and the other silver. My black Vodafone branded n8 has the purple tinge to the screen but my silver one doesnt.

I'm going to follow this up with Nokia Care and find out why because the colour tinge is rather annoying!

I'll let you all know as soon as i find out!

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    thanks everyone

looks like there are two screens being used for sure or there is a fault with some of their screens

keep feedback coming peeps

the most important thing iam trying to find out is if there are two screen being used and if one of them is displaying the purple hue to blacks , the main difference on this phjone is that the screen does not seem to have these little matrix of tiny dots in the screen which makes me think it is a new type of screen and one that needs the firmware settings to be changed

does your phone have a tiny matrix of dots when the phone is off and you look really caefully at the sceen if it does not , do you get the purple hue to your screen

if you do have the purple hue when was it bought

iam tryig to find out if things are linked or if its random so please help
    Last edited by buxz777; 02-02-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Buxz personally i feel its the software running on the devices, because at full brightness they both seem very similar.

But its only when the light sensor dims the screen that i get the purple hue in the screen.

But i will update you tomorrow after i get a response from my Nokia Care side.

I will be getting my E7 tomorrow too hopefully and i will let you know how that goes. Ive had a play with one before and its a pretty cool device. Doesnt seem like it will be shipping with 2.0 but that should come mid March i assume after the release.

2.0 really is going to be amazing! I have had a quick play with it on a C7 and its fabulous!!

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan0s View Post
    Buxz personally i feel its the software running on the devices, because at full brightness they both seem very similar.

But its only when the light sensor dims the screen that i get the purple hue in the screen.

But i will update you tomorrow after i get a response from my Nokia Care side.

I will be getting my E7 tomorrow too hopefully and i will let you know how that goes. Ive had a play with one before and its a pretty cool device. Doesnt seem like it will be shipping with 2.0 but that should come mid March i assume after the release.

2.0 really is going to be amazing! I have had a quick play with it on a C7 and its fabulous!!
    but does the purple screen have these tiny matrix of dots evenly spaced?? does the one without the purple hue have these tiny dots , you really could help here

its easy to say its firmware but if the screens are the sane why should it be firmware as ive seen loads of n8's and none have had this problem

if there are two types of screen and one is emitting this problem then i can take it might be firmware but if their is only one screen dan mate then id say there are a faulty batch of amoled doing the rounds

it wouldnt make sense for there to be sucha big difference unless
    a)they are using two screens and firmware needs adjusting to sort this or different drivers etc
    b)using one type of screen and their are faults with it or way its been fitted on some n8s producing a purple tint to greys/blacks

i appreciate your feedback and stuff but i need users to check their screens for these tiny matrix of dots evenly spaced when the phone is off and too let me know wether they have them or not and wether they have the purple tinge or not as it may help us eliminate what it is and isnt

cheers bud
    Last edited by buxz777; 02-02-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by koolestprashant View Post
    i checked my unit as well as my friends unit. Both are from second batch. And i can not see the red/purple tinge. black looks pure black. Even compared it with the black on n86. Both look complete black. No greys no hues.
    but do the units have a tiny matrix of dots evenly spaced when ou look carefully at the n8 screen while it is off and you examine it in sunlight etc

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Skylock View Post
    i re-checked mine with the right re-enactment from the thumbnail and i see black background and white fonts.

I sure hope this can be fixed on your side. I apologize for the conveniences you're experiencing.
    again same question for you mate

but do the units have a tiny matrix of dots evenly spaced when you look carefully at the n8 screen while it is off iam guessing it does have these tiny matrix of dots when you examine it closely with the screen off and in good light

iam trying to establish wether there are two screen doing the rounds as it looks like there is and one is emitting purple tints , saying you havent got purple tints is still helpfull but it would be even more helpfull if you could let me know more about the screen and these dots i talk about as it looks like one screen has them and one doesnt and one screen has the tint and one doesnt
    Last edited by buxz777; 02-02-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Confirming what you said before buxz.

The voda branded N8 has the matrix of dots and my late prototype N8 does not have these dots. Ive seen the dots on other devices but have not seen the purple tinge to the screen.

Maybe we are on to something here though.

But we need to remember the glass covering the screen is not attached to the screen itself and the dots appear to be on the glass. Maybe points where the screen is more sensitive or something/

I'll check while i am out in the field tomorrow and see if i can find some N8s which have the dot matrix and the purple tinge.

My C7 does not have the dot matrix and the screen is great.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Dan0s For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011)

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    ok to confirm danos you have a n8 with the dot matrix screen and it is displaying purple tint still??

you have a c7 with no dots appearing on the screen on examination and thats fine yeah??

cheers for your help

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Yep thats right.

Also my C6-01 with no dot matrix has no purple or any sort of tint. The CBD does look awesome though, comparable to the galaxy S super amoled i reckon!

Gaz
    Thanks
    The dotted Matrix you guys are seeing is not the display at all !

It is the Digitiser !

There is only one part number for N8 OLED at the moment so I would suggest everyone check they are on the same background theme with the same back light settings and report back so I can get it forwarded to Nokia

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011)

Thanks
    I can see the dots on my digitiser also - I thought this was just a characteristic of the digitiser itself and was completely normal.

I see this too but the fact that the purple is a very even spread almost exactly stopping at the 9 and 3 marks on the clock leads me to believe this may be software. Are these phones shown running on the same f/w version do we know?

I hadn't noticed anything in normal use and this thread was the only thing that brought my attention to the issue (if it is an issue). Having had a Desire with this problem before I know what people are talking about with the purple tinge, especially evident in greys and blacks.

Only thing I had noticed was that he screen is nowhere near as clear as that of the iphone with the retina display but then I never expected it to be as I think Apple have it nailed in that department - for the time being at least.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to spyda For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011)

Nokia User
    Thanks
    I have already emailed my Nokia Care Centre officer for all of the NCC in Australia to ask if this is a known issue.

I will find out tomorrow morning when i get a reply and let everyone know about it.

So stay tuned and i can notify you all tomorrow morning around 1100 GMT if this is an issue in just Australia or world wide.

Nokia User
    Thanks
    didnt the N97 and the rest of the resistive touchscreens has dot matrix dots? Ive seen a lot of it at all touchscreens i had and have held. it's normal to see dots as those are from the touchscreen.

the purple tint is what I worried the most

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    No dots on mine Buxz, and whites are very white. Bought in Nov 2010.

The screen does have a purplish tinge though.

[Still think the AMOLED on my Orange SF is significantly better than the N8 display, and of course it's higher resolution too, but doesn't have the gorilla glass]

40. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbaHotepUK For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011)

Thanks
    Checked my N8 which was bought from O2 UK in late December, no dots on my screen and no tints either, the screen is a sharp black all over...I am using Faenil's modded firmware which may have modded the display driver, I'm not sure...but definitely no problems with the screen...

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Robiko For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011)

Thanks
    I'm really struggling to understand how there can be dots on some and no dots on others when as Gaz has said this relates to the digitiser. Surely these 'dots' are needed in order to locate your finger on the screen so should be present on all?

Gaz?

Also kinda tempted to have a look at this Faenil's modded firmware ... hmmm
    Last edited by spyda; 02-02-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks
    pretty much.

my HTC Desire has the original AMOLED screen and the digitiser dot "grid" can be seen in certain conditions (phone off, held in sunlight).
    "it's not rocket surgery".

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Evil Genius For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011)

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    The dotted Matrix you guys are seeing is not the display at all !

It is the Digitiser !

There is only one part number for N8 OLED at the moment so I would suggest everyone check they are on the same background theme with the same back light settings and report back so I can get it forwarded to Nokia
    gaz thanks for taking the time to join the discussion you know i always appreciate your input

basically mate this screen is 100% different to the one ive had on my oder n8 from launch , i cant see no digitizer matrix at all yet the screen works fine , the other n8 it was very clear to see even through a screen protector

the older screen was fine , whites were white blacks were black etc , the new screen iam experiencing the purple tint to it , its mainly when the screen colours go from grey to black it looks tinted purple

if its justa balck screen its fine its when the colours seem to mix from grey/white/black then we get a purple tint

[U]can all users with this problem do me a and gaz a favour and list things like i do beneath this[/U

buxz797 -- black/grey n8 -- purple tint present -- no digitizer can be seen -- firmware pr1.0 nokia generic -- screen brightness minimum -- theme midnight silver --

then gaz can start talking to nokia about this for us users wih the problem

few other things gaz , theme doesnt matter its present in all screen where blacks/whites/greys merge together like videos , phtots , wallpapers etc infact with videos it makes the black screens look like a dodgy pirate copy its not very nice

its happending in many countrys at the minute please see 1st page of this thread for daily mobile blog discussion which is also approx 6 pages

would a different oled have a different part number or would they have the same as they were an n8 amoled screen

i defentyl cant see the digitizer on this handset it was blatantly clear on my other n8 this one no matter what i try it isnt there , could this mean that the screens where we cant see the digitizer have been built wrong ie a bigger gap between layers making the screen seem distorted in colours and not being able to see the digitizer

if there is only one screen and some have problems and not others then its looking like some bad screens knocking about

my old n8 was not like this at all

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spyda View Post
    I'm really struggling to understand how there can be dots on some and no dots on others when as Gaz has said this relates to the digitiser. Surely these 'dots' are needed in order to locate your finger on the screen so should be present on all?

Gaz?

Also kinda tempted to have a look at this Faenil's modded firmware ... hmmm
    me too spyda but i really cant see the digitiser at all on this new n8 in my hands yet my gfriends is perfectly visible

bubba has said the same and a few other users defo cant see the matrix of dots

strange stuff going on

i wouldnt be suprised if nokia are using two different screens and giving service centres one part number as they are supposed to be the same screen size and spec etc

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spyda View Post
    I can see the dots on my digitiser also - I thought this was just a characteristic of the digitiser itself and was completely normal.

I see this too but the fact that the purple is a very even spread almost exactly stopping at the 9 and 3 marks on the clock leads me to believe this may be software. Are these phones shown running on the same f/w version do we know?

I hadn't noticed anything in normal use and this thread was the only thing that brought my attention to the issue (if it is an issue). Having had a Desire with this problem before I know what people are talking about with the purple tinge, especially evident in greys and blacks.

Only thing I had noticed was that he screen is nowhere near as clear as that of the iphone with the retina display but then I never expected it to be as I think Apple have it nailed in that department - for the time being at least.
    if you had gone straight from one to the other you would defo notice the difference spyda mate , the greys are much lighter tone , look at the n8 on the furtherst right , its so different t the others with the same theme , i noticed straight away as i literally went from one to the other

the screen actually performs very well at other colour reproduction but the blacks/whites/greys when mixed create this purple tinge which can also be seen in qt torch and when playing videos and the silver midnight theme looks toatally different as does the dialler pad etc compared to what it looked like before

something weird is defently going on and i just hope for ours and nokias sake it can be fixed as its weird some have it and others dont and gaz is saying their is just one type of screen being used in the n8

its also weird how some people have the digitizer very visible and others cant see it t all for love or money yet this doesnt tie into the problem as you can see the digitizer and have a bit of purple and others cant see the digitizer yet still have purple tint

very strange indeed and a little annoying when just monday i was using one wihtout this tint and my gfriend has one without this tint

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    also apparenty this image shows up the problem quite alot

here is what another user thought

I don't know if anyone tried this before but anyway...
    I read about the similar amoled problem on HTC Desire, and the guy had posted a picture showing the pink color (which was supposed to be gray). The picture was a screenshot from the HTC phone.

So I made this picture below and transferred it to my N8. It looked terrible...

Then I took a screenshot of my picture with "Screen Snap" and it looked the same as before.
    But when i transferred it to my PC the screenshot looked good.

This is the screenshot taken with screen snap (it was brown on my N8)

The HTC screen problem actually showed on screenshots, but the N8 does not? Doesn't that mean that there is something wrong with the screen??

It's like if you had a couple of dead pixels in your monitor and when you take a screenshot they won't show because the dead pixels aren't... well in the software... If you know what i mean.
    Last edited by buxz777; 02-02-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Gaz
    Thanks
    I will report this issue upwards but I have not seen it myself.

The digitiser can only be seen under precise conditions on all the N8s i've seen (eg bright light ,certain angle etc)

51. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011), jerusm (02-03-2011)

Nokia User
    Thanks
    my phone has the dots, October 2010. colors displays flawlessly. I did notice that when you change the screen saver to the analog clock, the top portion is a little lighter than the bottom portion...i think it was designed that way...but def. no purple tint

Buxz777: how do i get the v13 since I have v11?

Gaz
    Thanks
    you don't mate . It was a beta firmware .

Nokia User
    Thanks
    beta firmware? do you know when is the v13 going to be release to public? if what buxz777 say is true..i want my N8 to be super responsive! or will this v13 be part of the PR 1.1?

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    hi mate v13 was a beta pr1.1

it apparently failed testing from what ive heard unless gaz knows different

coampred to the beta pr1.1 the shipping firmware we are all running feels clunky and a slower , pr1.1 beta obvously had alot of under the hood work the make things faster and the touch screen more optimised so touch was better

all the speed changes will be part of pr1.1 and your handset will be even faster trust me , however just wait for it to come through the proper channels and i wouldnt bother flashing the beta pr1.1 as its already been pulled

hope that helps

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I will report this issue upwards but I have not seen it myself.

The digitiser can only be seen under precise conditions on all the N8s i've seen (eg bright light ,certain angle etc)
    gaz mate can i ask a few questions on this

what happends when your report this?? do you ever hear anything back?? do they ask for any documentation like forum links etc??

iam pretty gutted i know its my fault for having an accident with my old n8 and i do feel lucky to even have one again so quickly but on the other hand iam gutted it has this tint when most of the n8s around me dont have this problem and it seems like its a a selected portion of n8s etc

id love to know why this is happending and if i should even try to send my n8 back or live with it and see what happends

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    also could anyone facebook/twitter nokia with this problem see if they respond

it would be greatly appreciated and may get the ball rolling maybe link this thread and the daily mobile one on 1st page or send them twitter/facebook them the pictures from the 1st page

thanks to anyone that does it

Gaz
    Thanks
    It all depends on how many instances of the issue get brought to the attention of Nokia .

There are so many variables in mobile technology that there have to be a few examples before faults get escalated .

This is to ensure it is a fault with the device itself.

59. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011)

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    http://www.facebook.com/nokia.uk

well theres the website link for anyone that wants to add a comment to nokia about the purple screen issue some are having

gaz thanks again for taking time to help out its great to have you on the forums mate

62. The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post:

jerusm (02-02-2011)

Thanks
    I have a C7. There is no visible matrix of dots on my screen at any angle or light intensity, yet I'm still experiencing the "less than black" on the top half of my clock. I also uploaded one of the test images on my phone from the Nokia Discussion forum. Gradient-h is fine, but test2 has a purple tinge in some of the tiles..

EDIT: Upon closer comparison of the test2.png image on my C7 and then on my desktop LCD, it's the same thing... there is no fault with the C7 display.
    Last edited by jerusm; 02-02-2011 at 04:09 PM.

64. The Following User Says Thank You to jerusm For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011)

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    what about product codes guys can anyone with the purple tint post up their product code please

mine is

059c5q8
    custom firmware 011.012.01.01

Thanks
    Nokia C7
    PR 1.01
    V12.004
    Custom Version 012.004.00.01
    Product Code 059B5P1

I have the Euro_Germany Mahogany Brown (Purchased in German Mid-January 2011 Unlocked & Unbranded)
    Last edited by jerusm; 02-02-2011 at 04:58 PM.

67. The Following User Says Thank You to jerusm For This Useful Post:

buxz777 (02-02-2011)

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast