Widgets in offline mode?
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Thanks

Widgets in offline mode?

Hello..

Shouldn't the "widget in offline-mode"-setting overrule the settings for each widget?

If I set my RSS/mail to sync every 2 hours, and set the "widget in offline-mode"-setting on, both RSS and mail sync during the online time - which it shouldn't as I understand?

How do I change this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    check sync options of apps and widgets etc mate . some may have hard coded settings that still enable wifi/3g etc when they need to sync .

As symbian is the o/s i agree it should have a big off switch that over-rides apps data options . It would make it easier for users to turn data off and not have apps connecting willy nilly when they want to for a data sync etc

Thanks
    'Hmm okay.. but really doesn't have a clue which settings to look for

And thought that clicking options-->offline widgets (don't know the exactly name, my phone is on danish) would be the big off-switch...

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Nokia Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,617 Posts
    open apps that connect to the internet for example nimbuzz , facebook , social , socially all other apps that use internet like email or syncing apps that you have installed

Open them up and then look in the options settings , some apps are automatically set up to sync every hour for example , so every hour they connect and download .

It would defo be easier if there was a data connectivity off switch , this would stop all connections no matter what . How easy would that be??

As it is though you may have to find the rouge app , failing that there are workarounds like quickly changing your destinations settings untill you want to use the net then swap it back .

Sorry cant be more paticulaur on this one bud :-) hope you have a great day :-)

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yess2000 View Post

And thought that clicking options-->offline widgets (don't know the exactly name, my phone is on danish) would be the big off-switch...
    Yeah but there are other apps other then widgets that can connect to the net via their settings so you have to check them as well , once a connection is in place the widgets will probs use it to update quickly .

Edit
    just typed into google n8 keeps conneting to the net and loads came up maybe check it out

n8 always connecting to net - Google Search