Security code Belle
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
    Nokia User
    Thanks

Security code Belle

Since I installed Belle on my N8 it keeps asking for the security code every time I turn the phone on. After I type it in it says "Code error" but turns on anyway. In the other thread I got the advice to reinstall the firmware what I did twice today without any result. This is annoying since I can't unlock my phone anymore, e.g. when I change the SIM card, etc...the code is always wrong!!! After the latest reinstallation today all really all my apps where gone (Note: not so after the first and second installation of Belle, not all but most where still there), so to rebuild the phone and download the apps again costs me a lot of time and money, since for some apps I had to pay again!
    Next thing is that SPB shell is almost impossible to load, despite the fact that I got their latest version compitable with Belle (I prefer SPB shell over Nokia screens). I really really loved my N8 with Anna, now it's just a piece of crap, thank you so much, Nokia!
    Is there a way to downgrade it to Anna???

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks

to matze : downgrade BELLE to ANNA

Quote Originally Posted by matze View Post
    Since I installed Belle on my N8 it keeps asking for the security code every time I turn the phone on. After I type it in it says "Code error" but turns on anyway. In the other thread I got the advice to reinstall the firmware what I did twice today without any result. This is annoying since I can't unlock my phone anymore, e.g. when I change the SIM card, etc...the code is always wrong!!! After the latest reinstallation today all really all my apps where gone (Note: not so after the first and second installation of Belle, not all but most where still there), so to rebuild the phone and download the apps again costs me a lot of time and money, since for some apps I had to pay again!
    Next thing is that SPB shell is almost impossible to load, despite the fact that I got their latest version compitable with Belle (I prefer SPB shell over Nokia screens). I really really loved my N8 with Anna, now it's just a piece of crap, thank you so much, Nokia!
    Is there a way to downgrade it to Anna???
    here it goes
    Tutorial: How to downgrade Nokia N8 from Symbian Belle to Symbian Anna

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobalex13 For This Useful Post:

matze (02-14-2012)

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Since I really got only problems with Belle I want to downgrade it to Anna. But all the Phoenix versions I find in google are full of malware, etc.. Does anyone know where to download a malwarefree version of Phoenix??

Thanks!

6. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    i dont know what malware you are getting ,,but i do really have problem in finding a better phoenix vesion , o have lots of phoenix of different versions all having problems which does not detect my n8 ,,,so far i am using this version Phoenix Service Software 2011.08.003.45122 tilllll nowww i didd not get any error in this version i flashed my n8 many times from this version..you search for this and see if you get this.. really i wasted a whole day for a correct better phoenix..i dont know about others..

And yup i downgraded my n8 to pr 1 with this phoenix version and then upgradded to belle..worked fine..!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jacobalex13; 02-14-2012 at 05:48 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobalex13 For This Useful Post:

matze (02-15-2012)

Nokia User
    Thanks
    I connected my phone to Nokiatools where you have the option to see the security code, but it says "Code not readable or maybe no code". This means there must be something terrible wrong with my code after the update to Belle and repeated reinstallation of the software.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to matze For This Useful Post:

doshunnN85 (02-20-2012)

Thanks
    I connected my phone to Nokiatools where you have the option to see the security code, but it says "Code not readable or maybe no code". This means there must be something terrible wrong with my code after the update to Belle and repeated reinstallation of the software.
    Hi where did you get the nokiatools software from ? I have forgotten my security code and want to try and recover it.
    Pressing Thanks doesnt really hurt... Does it? Click it and find out!

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Just google for "mynokiatools" and you'll find some pages to download it, I downloaded it from "Mediafire". Good luck and please let me know the result for recovering the security code.

Thanks
    hey i should not ask you this but i hope you may know this the default security code of nokia phones 12345, have you tried this. i never found such problem regarding security code , i have put security code in my n8, and even if i have put the security code whenever i flash it with belle or anna, or how many times i flash it ,it comes to default security code .!!! i however think so there you should not face any problem when flashing to belle official or leaked ...i tried to flash with lots of guts man,i was afraid too but when i saw all went fine ,i flashed it many times ..n8 working fine and it is rocking .phewwww better than ANNA..!!!!!!!!!

Nokia User
    Thanks
    Thanks, but of course I tried 12345 code already without any luck. Apart from my security code problem Belle works now fine form me.

Thanks
    then downgrade to scandinavian firmware and reflash to ANNA or BELLE