The battery
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: The battery

Thanks

The battery

Hey all, this is my first post so I'll just say HI! xD

Well, I'm planning on getting the N82 soon, but I've noticed it's battery life certainly isn't something to cheer about.... something most Symbian S60 phones have in common.

Since I'm pretty heavy on music, I was wondering how many hours of music (average) can the N82 can handle with some average use every now and then while playing it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    This was posted on another website when doing a review when the N82 first came. so assume this is based on the earliest firmware etc.

GPS-navigation – 3.5-4 hours
    Video – 4 hours 20 minutes
    WEB-surfing (EDGE) – 3 hours
    Wi-Fi (non-stop data upload) – 3.5 hours
    Music (in earphones) – 11.5 hours
    Games – 4.5 hours

Read the full review here
    http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n82-en.shtml

Thanks
    when you get it

* adjust brightness level to middle
    * timeout power saver at 10 seconds

You should be good to go

5. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 6,944 Times in 3,258 Posts
    I've heard that having it up to the maximum on the brightness level doesn't really do that much damage to the battery.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    If you appreciate ANY help or Uploaded files from a member,then show it by saying it and clicking on the 'Thanks' button

ANY Theme/Font Uploaded By Me In The THEMES or FONTS Section With a (NOW) Dead Link,Let Me Know In That Thread (not by e-mail OR private message please) And I'll Re-Upload It As I have ALL Themes/Fonts Uploaded By MYSELF!

Thanks
    Thanks guys, 11.5 hours of music sounds pretty good...

Thanks
    Thanks to the smaller, dimmer, screen it probably has the best battery life of current N-Series phones (even though some have a larger capacity like the N95 8GB). Its better than both the N95's I've had in this regard. The battery gauge also works properly, so you should always know when to stop listening and leave the phone for calls etc (the N95's tend to show full battery gauges and then drop precipitously of all a sudden).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
    Thanks to the smaller, dimmer, screen it probably has the best battery life of current N-Series phones (even though some have a larger capacity like the N95 8GB). Its better than both the N95's I've had in this regard. The battery gauge also works properly, so you should always know when to stop listening and leave the phone for calls etc (the N95's tend to show full battery gauges and then drop precipitously of all a sudden).
    Speaking of the screen... how bright can it get? When I saw it in the store the screen lighting seemed really weak.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,944 Times in 3,258 Posts
    If you appreciate ANY help or Uploaded files from a member,then show it by saying it and clicking on the 'Thanks' button

ANY Theme/Font Uploaded By Me In The THEMES or FONTS Section With a (NOW) Dead Link,Let Me Know In That Thread (not by e-mail OR private message please) And I'll Re-Upload It As I have ALL Themes/Fonts Uploaded By MYSELF!

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
    NZ!!!!! let me belatedly welcome u to the forum, hehe ( porselinaheart here, )