N97 Product Codes - Page 3
NokiaUsers.net is the premier Nokia Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp00k View Post
    Change the Product Code and connnect via Nokia Software Updater... and NOKIA KNOWS and records the fact that it's been changed! Changing it back won't alter anything...

Big Brother is watching you!
    Oh dam I already did it to update to v12 once with another Product Code. Dam.
    Last edited by American-Seller; 11-02-2009 at 09:05 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 93tid View Post
    <Uneccessarily extensive quoted list removed>
    Is there any way you can highlight the new product codes intruduced every day you update the list so people can know what's new and how many new enter the list? If it's not to much trouble of course, who am i do ask for something that will take much longer to do. Thank You any way!!! And by the way very good job with the work!
    Last edited by Sp00k; 11-08-2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: As above

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by American-Seller View Post
    Is there any way you can highlight the new product codes intruduced every day you update the list so people can know what's new and how many new enter the list? If it's not to much trouble of course, who am i do ask for something that will take much longer to do. Thank You any way!!! And by the way very good job with the work!
    Did you really need to quote all the product codes?!
    Press the Thanks button...it's not going to hurt you....although I suppose you could pull a muscle in your finger while doing it so be careful!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Qualain For This Useful Post:

Sp00k (11-08-2009)

6. Remove Advertisements
    NokiaUsers.net
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualain View Post
    Did you really need to quote all the product codes?!
    Sorry about that my mistake.

Thanks
    just noticed there was a country variant for the UK...so changed my code from euro to 0585162 for the uk...should i notice any real difference? just reinstalling the software onto the phone now....i think it needed doing as it was starting to grind to a hault and apps not working for long or properly...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markvvoc View Post
    just noticed there was a country variant for the UK...so changed my code from euro to 0585162 for the uk...should i notice any real difference?
    No, except you will get firmware updates later than with the Euro product code.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

My "backup" phone is a Constellation.

Thanks
    I have the N97 white with 3g england product code 0591709 and have V11.0.021, does anyone know when the V20 will be available for this phone? or Can i change my product code from 0591709 to 0587240 so i can update to firmware v20?
    Last edited by andriuhe24; 12-08-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andriuhe24 View Post
    I have the N97 white with 3g england product code 0591709 and have V11.0.021, does anyone know when the V20 will be available for this phone?
    No idea.

Can i change my product code from 0591709 to 0587240 so i can update to firmware v20?
    Definitely yes.
    "Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."

If you appreciate help from a member,then show it by clicking on the 'Thanks' button! - Sp00k

Thanks
    No idea.

Definitely yes.
    ovi site says no updates available. maybe i,m doing somefing wrong?

Thanks
    maybe i'm doing something wrong?
    Hard to tell without knowing what you are actually doing.

Thanks
    Hard to tell without knowing what you are actually doing.
    i change code with NSS and check for updates with ovi site.and its no updates available.

Thanks
    i change code with NSS and check for updates with ovi site.and its no updates available.
    If you check here with code 0587240 you will find that V20 IS available:

Can I Update

Are you sure you have actually changed the product code, not just fumbled through NSS without writing the new code to the handset ?

And what is this OVI site you keep talking about ? You need to run Nokia Software Updater with your phone connected to the PC in PC Suite mode.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

andriuhe24 (12-10-2009)

Thanks
    If you check here with code 0587240 you will find that V20 IS available:

Can I Update

Are you sure you have actually changed the product code, not just fumbled through NSS without writing the new code to the handset ?

And what is this OVI site you keep talking about ? You need to run Nokia Software Updater with your phone connected to the PC in PC Suite mode.
    ovi site hase updater as well but its can find it.and i check with NSU it works thank you very much !!!!!

Thanks
    Hi all from new and from Australia here, got a N97 with a vodafone firmware the version is V12.0.024 on it (its unlock using a optus sim), just wondering what code do i need for a Nokia firmware has vodafone is taking forever to release there custom firmware based on nokias latest one..

Basically want the firmware that has the kientic scrolling and what not.

Thanks..

Thanks
    Does anyone know what the product code is for america ( if possible AT&T ) ? I have an O2 branded phone and want to debrand it.

Thanks, Great site BTW

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post
    Does anyone know what the product code is for america ( if possible AT&T ) ? I have an O2 branded phone and want to debrand it.
    If you have an O2 branded phone it's a European model RM-505, not a North American RM-507, so you cannot debrand it to a US product code. Apart from that there is no AT&T product code, in fact no US codes are branded, they are all generic.

If you still want to debrand your phone, use any generic EURO code for the RM-505.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to 93tid For This Useful Post:

davec (12-26-2009)

Thanks
    thanks for the help, do you know what i could be missing out on because it.s not an RM 507 thanks

Thanks
    thanks for the help, do you know what i could be missing out on because it.s not an RM 507 thanks
    AT&T's 3G service.

Thanks
    I have N97-1 0586703: "N97 Russia CV B" (RM-505, not branded e.t.c.), and firmware 20.0.0.19 is still anavailable for my product code! It is however available for another russian version 0576403 "RM-505_EMEA_RUSSIA_QW Black".

If i change the code and update, should it work? What are the chances to break my phone?

Thanks
    just to let you all know. I now have my RM-505 N97 working on AT&T's 3.5g network.... I changed the product code to just a Euro one then did the software update ( with the nokia software ) then did a hard reset, after the hard reset the phone started up and had all the AT&T's 3g connection info in it's internet settings .... strange but true... so happy days

Thanks
    the phone started up and had all the AT&T's 3g connection info in it's internet settings
    does not mean that

I now have my RM-505 N97 working on AT&T's 3.5g network....
    Have you actually established and used a 3.5G (or even a 3G) connection ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SPGremlin View Post
    If i change the code and update, should it work?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by SPGremlin View Post
    What are the chances to break my phone?
    I am not aware of statistics, the possibility exists although the chances of something going wrong are very slim. Let's say I have done as an amateur, i.e. not a service technician, over a hundred firmware debrandings and updates on several different N95, N95 8GB, N82, 6500s, 6600s, E66, 5800, N86, E75, E51, E63 and probably a few others which I cannot remember now and I have never had a problem.

Thanks
    does not mean that

Have you actually established and used a 3.5G (or even a 3G) connection ?

yeap, I have a 3.5g connection to AT&T.... not sure how but I do.... Yeap a RM-505 with euro product code working with no problems so.... far on AT&T's network.

Thanks
    yeap, I have a 3.5g connection to AT&T.... not sure how but I do.... Yeap a RM-505 with euro product code working with no problems so.... far on AT&T's network.
    Any RM-505 will work on AT&T, just not on 3G. GPRS and possibly EDGE yes, but not 3 or 3.5G.

What do you do that makes you think you establish a working 3.5G connection - just having 3.5G showing on your screen does not mean that such a connection is established and in use. Can you post screenshots ?

Thanks
    Hello everyone

I have bought a N97 with this product code: 0576128 with the last firmware as I have seen: v 20.0.019

0576128: RM-505_APAC_EMERGING ASIA Black

Well, due I live in Venezuela, I would like to change the product code in order to update an available firmware in spanish (for texting and all about writings). I can see a little difficult thing. The keyboard does not have the Ń letter. So that, I suppose l cannot change to a product code related to my country, because l can figure out the devide would take that the keyboard has got the Ń letter.

I have seen there are two different types of keyboards: each ones shows different blue letters.

I have thought l could change it to a Euro product code, l mean, a generic code. But l am not quite sure wheter it suceeds or not.

Some previous posts someaone labeled as "dcastrog" tried to update it 3 times and it was nos sucessful. According to my understanding, this device did not have the Ń letter. When this person changed it, the blue letters changed absolutely, maybe the setup was with the other keyborad of course.

My question is: Could I change it to a Euro generic code without missing the currect configuration of the keyboard. Of course, with big hopes that Euro code offers Spanish Language.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 3,294 Posts
    My replacement N97 is 0576350: RM-505_EMEA_EURO_QW1 White

Although V20 is showing in this thread as available, via NSU it says there are no Updates, so Im stuck on V10 for some strange reason.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    My replacement N97 is 0576350: RM-505_EMEA_EURO_QW1 White

Although V20 is showing in this thread as available, via NSU it says there are no Updates, so Im stuck on V10 for some strange reason.
    Even the Can I Update function shows V20.0.019 as available for this product code, it must be a temporary glitch on the Nokia servers.

Thanks
    You probably right, I will check again shortly.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To find your Nokia Firmware version, key *#0000#. The V##.#.### shown is your current Firmware! Please add these details with Nokia model to your profile. This information will help others help you. Thank you.!

Thanks
    Most, odd, just tried again, and still nothing.

Thanks
    Most, odd, just tried again, and still nothing.
    How about OTA ?

Thanks
    Nothing OTA either. Its puzzled the hell out of me. Will check on my Windows laptop, and double check on NSS if the product code is the same as on the label behind battery.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonathan97 View Post
    My question is: Could I change it to a Euro generic code without missing the currect configuration of the keyboard. Of course, with big hopes that Euro code offers Spanish Language.
    Yes, that should not be a problem. And ultimately dcastrog did change his product code successfully to a Spanish one.

Try one of these codes:

0576360: RM-505_EMEA_SPAIN_QW Black
    0576460: RM-505_EMEA_SPAIN_QW White

Thanks
    double check on NSS if the product code is the same as on the label behind battery.
    That was going to be my next suggestion.

Thanks
    Then failing that, will check to see if an update is available via Ovi Suite. Will update with my findings.

Thanks
    Bingo.! Ovi Suite reports an update is available. Also tells me an update for Maps is also available. Currently backing up now, and see how it goes. Still puzzling as to why NSU failed to find the update though.

Thanks
    I am considering cleaning up the product code list, does anyone still need to see for which codes FW 10 and 11 were available ?

Thanks
    does anyone know what rm-507 product code has russian input language?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -VR- View Post
    does anyone know what rm-507 product code has russian input language?
    Looking at the markets where this version is sold most probably no product code supports Russian.

Thanks
    i know that Israel 507 has it, but only for menus... what will happen if i put 505 code and install firmware?

Thanks
    You risk bricking/damaging your phone!
    Press the Thanks button...it's not going to hurt you....although I suppose you could pull a muscle in your finger while doing it so be careful!!!

Thanks
    nice...
    anyone knows where to find information about what lang pack product code has?

Thanks
    i know that Israel 507 has it, but only for menus... what will happen if i put 505 code and install firmware?
    If you use NSU - absolutely nothing will happen, it will tell that you already have the latest available firmware.

If you try to use JAF - you might succeed or might brick your phone. The chances of the latter are much higher.

Thanks
    hmm, can nokia care service add languages?

Thanks
    hmm, can nokia care service add languages?
    In theory they should be able to, you'll need to check locally if they will want to do it.

Thanks
    ok, will phone them, thanks for help

Thanks

Nokia N97 software update

When will Nokia N97(RM 505) software update v21.0.045 be available for product code 0587488?Region is India.

Thanks
    hi everyone , i have 0575400: RM-507_NAM_NAM v21.2.045 black, but i cant do anything in nss cuz show reading values error !.. anyway anybody knows what is the product code for polish language ? Thank You

Thanks
    Does anyone know when Thailand will allow the new V21???? I have 0586298 It has not taken this long for the previous versions.
    Hey you get outta my yard

Thanks
    Hi, my name is Michael, I am form Puerto Rico and have a N97 with product code 0592209 and i am stuck at firmware V12.2.026. So I was wondering if i can change my product key to this one: 0588757: RM-507 Claro Brasil BR Black v3. And also if i can use that product key will i still have english language. If not what other product key can i use.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    By the way my phone is black and my carrier is Claro Puerto Rico.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedNess View Post
    Hi, my name is Michael, I am form Puerto Rico and have a N97 with product code 0592209 and i am stuck at firmware V12.2.026. So I was wondering if i can change my product key to this one: 0588757: RM-507 Claro Brasil BR Black v3. And also if i can use that product key will i still have english language. If not what other product key can i use.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    By the way my phone is black and my carrier is Claro Puerto Rico.
    Why would you want to change to another branded firmware ?

Use

0575401: RM-507_NAM_LTA black

or

0575400: RM-507_NAM_NAM black

You should definitely have English on either of them and guaranteed availability of future firmware updates immediately upon release.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast